Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Hearts ❯ If I Fall ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Whoa……I completely forgot about this fan-fiction. Oops. Well here is the next chappie for those who have been waiting for it.

CHAPTER 3!!!!!

Vash's eyes slowly fluttered open and the suns ray drifted across his gentle face. The smell of doughnuts hit his nose and the soft sound of singing hit his ears. Swiftly crawling from his cozy spot on the bed, his feet padded lightly across the cold wooden floor until his tall figure filled the door frame to the houses quaint little kitchen.

His angle stood there, her elbows placed on the counter as her head rested in her hands. Her eyes as grey as a storms cloud looking out across the barren wasteland around them through a small window. Her eyes then closed as her lips slowly started their dance of the next song.

"If I were to fall,

Would you catch me?

If I were to die,

Would blind eyes finally see?

If I were to crawl,

Would you help me stand?

If I were to look to the sky,

Would it rain across the land?

Or would anything care at all?

Would someone help me if I were to fall?

Would anything shed a tear or cry,

If they ever learned that I was to die?

Or would they ever care at all?

If I were a broken doll,

Would we still play?

If I were Sol (see bottom note for definition),

Would you still give me gall (" ")?

Or would anything care at all?

Would someone help me if I were to fall?

Would anything shed a tear or cry?

If they ever learned that I was to die?

Or would they ever care at all?

Or would they ever care

Would they ever care at all?"

Her voice slowly faded as Vash stood the bewildered. Sure he had herd Meryl sing. But never like THAT. He then came up behind her, gently wrapping her in his embrace.

"I would care meryl, I would care a lot."

"Really Vash?"

"Of course, I love you to much not to."

Meryl grinned at an evil thought that was then produced in her mind. She quickly brought her hands to his sides and began to tickle.

"ACK!! Noooooo!! Haha!" Vash managed to get out in-between laughs.

"Aww I'm so sorry Vash, I didn't know you were so ticklish!" Meryl cooed innocently.

"Hmmmmm. I think some punishment is in order."

"Oh? What's Mr. Big-Scary-Gunman gonna do?"

"I'll never kiss you again."

"But Vash," Meryl began as she seductively walked up to him, trying her best not to laugh at the lust forming in his aqua eyes. She gently placed her hand on his cheek. "Isn't that a little punishing for you too?"

"Hmmmm?" Vash mumbled incoherently as he leaned in for a kiss. But he smiled when there lips lightly brushed and he pulled back, leavening a very frustrated Meryl un-kissed.

"Now now, what about your punishment?" He teased.

Meryl pouted slightly. "Why do I have to be punished? You're the one that left for so long."

Vash smiled gently. "Ok, I'll call it even."

And just as he was about to kiss her meryl whispered, "Promise me you'll never leave again."

"I promise"

And with that he leaned down the rest of the way, cupping her chin in his hand as he captured her lips in a firm yet gentle kiss.

"Disgusting!" A third voice rang out from behind them.

Me: DUN DUN DUN. What shall happen next????

Vash: NOOOO A CLIFFY! WHY CAN"T WE JUST TELL ALL THE NICE PEOPLE THAT….

Me: -places duct tape over Vash's mouth- SHUSH. Don't ruin it! We have to keep the readers…..reading! Until next time we meet again!

Vash: -mumbles his goodbyes from under tape-

Sol- (Roman mythology) ancient Roman god; personification of the sun; counterpart of Greek Helios

Gall- a feeling of deep and bitter anger and ill-will