Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Generation Gunsmoke ❯ Growing Up Gunslinging ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Standard Disclaimer: Trigun is not mine… not making any money…

You know the rest of the story.

Generation Gunsmoke: Part IV

Growing Up Gunslinging

Three years had passed since that terrible day Nickie and Nick had learned the terrible price their mamma had paid to keep them safe. Time had passed by quickly. Uncle Vash had kept them busy learning how to handle their large weapons. He taught them how to clean and repair minor problems on the guns while forcing them to learn accuracy first and then he added the element of speed.

The twins learned to dive and roll, to come up running while firing with pinpoint accuracy. The learned to whip around in opposite directions while bringing their sights in line with their target. Uncle Vash taught them to handle a knife, to feint and switch hands before throwing themselves at a target. His words were always the same. "Be prepared. You never know what the other person will do. Watch the eyes. The eyes are a dead give away."

Uncle Vash had made himself their target. Their protests had fallen on deaf ears. "If I actually think either of you are able to kill me, then it's time to stop." He made them have gun battles in the desert away from the prying eyes of the local people. The twins trailed and exchanged gunfire with Vash from the high ridges and low valleys as the learned every thing he could teach them.

They learned to communicate without speaking as they worked as a team. A nod, a gesture, or some other silent signal between them soon became an advantage on these trails through the desert. It was difficult at first. Uncle Vash had gotten the drop on them almost every day in the beginning. Both had felt the sting of shattered rock as a well-placed bullet whined close by.

Slowly and surely, they improved. Vash worked them until the day he heard the whine of a bullet and gasped as his cheek burned with a sudden fire and then found himself flying backward as a stun gun found its target. Nickie was horrified at what they had done. Nick looked at Vash with cold, questioning eyes. "Well?"

"I don't think you need to practice anymore. You have learned everything I could teach you."

Vash stood swiftly, brushing the dust from his crimson coat. He bowed before Nickie and then offered his hand to Nick. "Nicholas V. Wolfwood and Nicole M. Wolfwood… Vash the Stampede at your service."

"Cut it out, Uncle Vash. Let's just go home." Nickie giggled.

Vash and Nick looked at her for a moment. Each man knew she had learned well the lessons that had been taught. But, each silently wondered how she would manage when it came time to go.

************

To Be Continued…

************

I know it's short, but I have another chapter to post with this one.

R & R for me as usual.

Love and Peace,

Blackhat (^_~)