Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Interference ❯ Interference ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi all! This is my first fanfiction so be gentle! Flames will NOT be tolerated. I'm a vicious person when provoked…… grrrrr! ^_^

*~*~*~*~ DISCLAIMER~*~*~*~*

Oh wow. I have always wanted to do this! ^_^

ahem. Nope you guessed it. I don't own them. No matter how much I wish I did, I don't own the characters of Trigun or Trigun in all of it beautiful wonderfulness. *sigh* now I'm depressed. ;_;

Rating: PG-13 sorry. No lemon in my writing career…. Yet ^_^. Must warn. YAOI! If you're not into this type of thing then just stop reading. NOW! I thought I would start out small.

a spoiler for those who have not seen episode 23, "paradise". I've always wanted to rewrite that episode.

Interference

The wind blew roughly over the empty city ruffling Vash's hair slightly to one side. The huminoid typhoon sat on a car with his face in his hands. Quiet footsteps approached Vash, as Wolfwood arrived. He stopped a few feet in front of him.

"what's wrong, Tongari?" Wolfwood asked in his usual calm, deep voice.

"I failed to save someone again….," Vash said without looking up.

Wolfwood could tell he was on the brink of tears, and all the priest wanted to do was hold him close. `Damn, Tongari…I wish I could just stay here with you, but… I don't have much time left," he thought to himself as he answered simply with, " Well, it's human nature to make mistakes. Just be more careful next time."

"It's not something I can just accept that easily…."

"Then let it get to you. That's also part of human nature." He replied looking into the distance.

Vash smiled slightly. "Human, huh?" Sadness seeped into his voice as the tears began to flow freely.

Wolfwood looked down at Vash. It hurt to see him like this. A long pause engulfed both men before Nicholas finally spoke. "Knives is in Demitrihi."

Vash's blood ran cold and his eyes widened behind his orange glasses. "Knives is…. Wolfwood, how do you…?"

Vash's head snapped up and he looked at where Wolfwood was but all he found were his footprints in the sand and a trail of blood.

His heart seemed to stop. All he could do was run. He ran following the trial as he sobbed, letting the tears fly off his face only to dampen the sandy ground. The drops of blood only seemed to get larger and closer together as Vash began to fear for the worst.

`No, no, no, no! This can't be happening. Oh, God, not Wolfwood! Rem! Rem, what am I going to do?' Vash's thoughts soon became screaming, "What am I going to do Rem?! No, No, No, No!!!"

He soon arrived at an old church. Even among all the frantic sorrow, Vash still managed to whisper to himself sarcastically, "Of course he went to a church…."

Vash walked through the already open doors of the church to find a scene that wrenched his heart. Wolfwood was kneeling at the alter with his "Weapon of Mercy" leaning on his shoulder. The sunlight coming through the stained glass windows heightened his features and made the pool of blood look gold.

The tears, which had just stopped, returned twice as hard as before. Vash ran and kneeled at Wolfwood's side. He pushed the cross off his shoulder and gathered him into his arms sobbing. He didn't care that he was soaking himself in the preacher's blood, he just wanted to hold him.

He brought his head down to Wolfwood's chest and then he heard it. A heartbeat…. Not a very strong one, but it was there. Vash felt as if a great weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Then, it came back almost as soon as it left when he realized that the next populated city was the city of Mai, which was about 150 iles away.

Vash began tearing strips from his red coat and began to mend his wounds hoping that it would be enough to stop the bleeding.

By the time he finished mending all of his wounds he had only part of the bottom of his coat left. He removed the torn trench coat from his leather-covered body and wrapped the limp body of Wolfwood in it.

He lifted the Preacher's limp form in his arms and cradled him gently. Then, he began his race against time.

~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~

He began running with the unconscious Wolfwood in his arms. The bleeding was beginning to slowly stop thanks to Vash, but he still needed medical attention.

Vash ran across the sandy desert land as he began to make his way towards the car that he was sitting on earlier. He only hoped that it worked well enough to get him to Mai City in time to save his best friend and companion.

He arrived at the saloon that the car was sitting in front of. Vash had never been so happy to see a car in his 137 years of living.

He gently laid Wolfwood in the back seat of the car then jumped into the driver's seat and turned the key that was, thankfully, in the engine. He hoped beyond hope that the car had gas as he turned the key. The machine sputtered, then came to life. Vash let out a sigh of relief and headed out towards Mai City.

~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~

Dusk had already began to settle onto the land. The 2 suns slowly setting made all of the shadows seem twice as big. Normally, Vash would have stopped for the night, but tonight was different. Wolfwood's life depended on him, and he was not about to let him down.

He pushed the gas pedal down as far as it would go. `It's about 5 iles to Mai from here. I just might make it…'

With one hand on the steering wheel, Vash reached back and felt Wolfwood's neck, checking his pulse for the hundredth time. Satisfied, he turned back to the front and drove as fast as he could.

~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~

Vash bust into the doctor's office with Wolfwood in his arms. He ran up to the receptionist. "He needs a doctor… NOW!"

The receptionist sat dumbfounded for a moment, then she ran into the back to retrieve the doctor.

~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~

Wolfwood awoke and began to sit up but a searing pain shooting through his entire body stopped him. He hissed through clenched teeth and fell back with his eyes closed waiting for the pain to subside. Then, he lifted his head high enough to look about the room.

The dreary room was white and plain with a window by the bed. He continued to scan the room when he felt something move by his hip.

There was Vash. He was asleep in a chair with his arms and head resting on the bed. He smiled slightly at the innocent sight. His lips were parted slightly and his breathing was slow and even. His milky crème skin seemed to glow against the white sheets. Then, he realized that he didn't have his coat on. Wolfwood had never seen the body suit that the gunman wore under the red coat. It was a strange sight to him. He let his eyes scan his body and noticed how the body suit hugged every curve. It frustrated him that he couldn't move very much. He really wanted to get a closer look at the object of his affection.

Vash stirred slightly, then awoke with a large yawn. "Morning…" Wolfwood said softly. The blonde jumped at the sound of his voice, then he smiled as the priest began to try and prop himself on his elbows.

Vash scowled, " You shouldn't even be trying to get up yet."

Wolfwood rolled his eyes then replied sarcastically, "Yes, mother…."

Vash picked up his chair and moved it to the head of the bed and sat right by Wolfwood's head. "Wolfwood, I'm serious. You really scared me back there. Even the doctor said you would have died in another hour. He said it's a miracle you pulled through."

"But I did, didn't I?"

Vash pursed his lips. Wolfwood couldn't take it. "Come here." The dark haired man commanded.

Vash leaned closer to him with curiosity written all over his face. Wolfwood raised the only arm that wasn't hurt and pulled Vash's face down. Their lips met briefly then returned for a longer more passion filled kiss. Vash's lips parted slightly and Wolfwood took the invitation and slipped his tongue inside. His tongue explored the other's mouth as their war for dominance waged out. In desperate need of air Vash broke the kiss then lied his head on Wolfwood's chest. Then, he quietly smiled to himself.

~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~ * ~^+^~

AN: okay. I don't think that was too shabby for my first try. Tell me what you think. You can email me at GirTheCatGirl@msn.com please R&R!!! You have no idea how much it helps and author to know that people read you works!! ^_^