Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume Eight: Chap. Twenty-Two:Honeymoon Period ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

Honeymoon Period
It was forbidden. A forbidden love. She was his little doll. His little plaything. She just didn't know it.
Kuro had no family or background. He has no memories of his past either. There is a secret about him. (We'll get into that later.)
He needed to feel complete.
Then he heard her voice.
Hm? What was this? He opened his eyes for the first time. Something warm filled his chest. This felt… rather… nice.
Mmm.
He had to have more. He began to seek her out. Where was she? Where was she? Oh. She wasn't born yet. Well, that was disappointing. Looked like he was going to have to wait. Somehow, this didn't bother him. He could wait.
She was just a baby. Rieko had just been born. Already, problems started to begin. Vash could feel it coming. He had to try and stop it. Knives somehow knew. Vash grew distant from Meryl. She couldn't understand it.
“What's wrong? Talk to me!” she pleaded. How could he tell her the truth? He couldn't explain it himself. The joy in his life started to fade away. Still, he had to keep Meryl from panicking about a terror neither could understand.
What does that have to do with the love story? I'm getting there. Hang on.
She was six before everything happened. The girl ended up in another time and place. She knew nothing about the world. There was no guide. She was on her own. That was the first mistake. She became a target for him.
He latched onto her. It didn't take long for it to happen. Nor did it take long to find her. By now, he had the strength to lure her in. From there, it got hazy for her. She had no answers as to how she got into the mental institution. No one really questioned it. It was what it was. Because of that, he got in.
She became his doll. He was good to her at first. Anything to keep her. She belonged to him. She couldn't see it yet. Nobody told her to run. If they had, maybe… Just maybe…
For now, let us go back to the toxic, twisted love story. It's going to be a good one. You saw how they met. Now let's see how they “fell in love.” It all started on a stormy night. Of course, he was the one to make the first move. He was the one in control after all. That's just how it was.
Phase One