Trinity Blood Fan Fiction ❯ Trinity Blood the Movie ❯ Prologue & Scene One- Old Friends Reunite ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
3 years. 3 years had passed since Cain and his men attacked the Vatican and Albion. And Cain was still alive; out there, somewhere. Countless of both Terran and Methuselah had been slaughtered by the Order of Rosenkreuz. Abel Nightroad and Ion, the Duke of Memphis, where searching for him, Cain, to kill him for all the wrong he did.
 
Trinity Blood the Movie
Chapter 1: Old Friends Reunite
 
Queen Esther of Albion sat in her throne room as she communicated with Lady Catherine of the Vatican through a hologram. “Have you heard of Father Nightroad yet?” she eagerly asked. She was earnestly looking for Father Abel after he miraculously rose from the dead and disappeared after chasing his brother to kill him. “No, we haven't.” Lady Catherine said with compassion. “Honesty, I, I mean we, are looking everywhere for him but haven't found a trace of him.”
 
“I see,” Queen Esther's eyes grew sad. “Your Majesty. I truly thought if Abel were to contact anybody it would be you first, but I guess I was mistaken.” Lady Catherine tried to comfort. Esther looked at her, shocked at her comment, but then smiled and nodded. Lady Catherine smiled as well and said a farewell; “I'll contact you as soon as I hear anything.”
 
Esther then turned off the monitor. Her eyes grew sad again, “Abel.” she thought as the memories of their last encounter before he died. How his face grew pale and appalled when he saw her tear-stained face; how he muttered her name with his last breath.
 
A tear rolled down Esther cheek and onto her white gloved hand that lay upon her lap. Suddenly a knock came to the door, as Esther whipped the tearstain cheek and said, “Come in.” A maid opened the door and bowed before her queen. “My queen,” she started, “you have a visitor.”
 
“Who is it?” she asked with a polite tone. “A traveling priest.” The maid reported. Esther sighed and said, “Let him in.” She really did not want to see any priest for it made her feel even worse about Father Abel. The maid left without a word to get the man. While she fetched him, Esther straightens her poster and fixed the bottom of her dress.
 
A man with a black priest outfit and long silver hair tied up in a ponytail walked with grace into the room. He bowed with grace in front of Her Majesty. “Your Majesty, Queen Esther, I am honored to be in your presence.”
 
“This voice,” Esther wondered, “I heard it somewhere before.” She then stood up and gasped, “It can't be! Can it? Abel? Father Abel is that really you?!”
 
His compassionate blue eyes looked into her blue eyes and he nodded. “My Esther. It has been far too long.”
 
Tears suddenly formed in Esther's blue eyes. The man, whom she was longing to find and thank him for his kindness, was standing in front of her, alive and well.
 
“My!” she gasped as she hurriedly walked toward him. He smiled as his glasses slid down in nose. He pushed them back up with his middle and index finger. Suddenly she hugged him. He looked appalled at first but warmly welcomed her into his arms.
 
“Abel,” she cried, “Abel why didn't you contact me? Did you not know how worried I was?”
 
He gave her a sympathetic smile and said, “Forgive me. I did not want to see you hurt by Cain. You know how reckless he is.”
 
“Me?” she asked shaken and pulled her head back to look into his eyes. “I don't ever want to see you hurt again! Th-that time…when you where hurt by Cain. I-I was so helpless and sad! It was my fault entirely! Forgive me Father!” She lunged toward him again.
 
“She's still the same; always worrying about others and not herself. In way she's sort of like…like me.” He thought as he embraced her and smiled with the kindness from deep inside his heart.
 
* * *
 
“Lady Catherine.” A robotic like voice of a guard of the Vatican said as he came before her in her office in Rome. In Rome night was set upon the city. Only a chandler lighted Lady Catherine's room. With a smile she welcomed him, “Father Tres, so good of you to come. What is the report of the White Demon (Cain)?”
 
“Affirmative. The White Demon, who was last seen in Allemagne, has made his way into Vanha Suomi.” He reported as he stepped closer into the light.
 
“I see.” She said as she rested her head on her hand that leaned on top of her desk. “Father Tres. I want you to go to Albion immediately; go to Queen Esther and protect her.”
 
“Positive.” He said and walked out of the room as the iris and pupil of his left eye glowed red.
 
* * *
 
Esther and Abel sat in the gardens of the palace at a small table. A maid came to them with a tray of tea with sugar and milk. She placed it in front of them and left them alone. Esther poured him some tea and he watched her with a smile full of tenderness. “Thirteen? Am I right Father Abel? Thirteen sugar cubes?” she asked with an affectionate smile. He smiled a humorous smile and said, “Yes. That would be lovely.”
She placed thirteen cubes of sugar into it for him. He looked at her with the tenderness of heart as he thought,“She really does know me well. I'm just glad she isn't mad with me. After all I left her without saying a word nor did I even see her.”
 
“Here you go, Father.” She said and moved the cup forward across the table. He took it and lifted it up to his mouth. “Thank you.” He said and took a sip. “My this is delious!” He took another sip. “Father, you sure do have a sweet tooth.” She giggled. He placed the cup down and said rather seriously but in a shy manner, “Esther you don't have to call me Father anymore. I'd like it if you called me Abel.”
 
“Abel? But you are a priest, aren't you? I should still call you Father Abel.” She said appalled at his request. “It's all right. I want you to call me Abel. After all I call you Esther, and you are the Queen Albion!” his face was to its original playful expression.
 
She giggled lightly and said, “If that is what you want.”
 
A voice from a boy around the age of 15 shouted in the distance at the guards around the garden. “What do you mean I can't see the queen and her visitor?! I'm the Duke of Memphis! I should be allowed to she her! After all I'm traveling with her visitor!” The guard just stood there like statues and said, “No. We cannot allow anyone in without a word from Her Majesty.”
 
Esther stood up and sighed, “What is going on now? Excuse me Abel. This will only take a moment.” She walked east toward the ruckus. “Oh, I don't mind. I'll even come with you.” He said amusingly and followed.
 
Esther walked up to gate of the castle's gardens and asked, “What is going on here?” Abel with a carefree expression walked behind her. “Abel!” the boy excitedly called.
 
The guards bowed and said, “My Queen, Queen Esther, this boy wants a presence with you.”
 
“Ion!” Abel gasped rather angry. “I thought you were suppose to be at the inn!”
 
Ion ignored him and gazed at Esther. “E-Esther? Is that really you?” He asked loosing his grip on the iron gates in front of him. “Ion? My you've grown taller!” She gasped measuring his height and from what she had remember him. “Esther, I didn't even recognize you! I see you grew your hair longer. It looks nice.” He complemented.
 
“Really? You think so? At least someone noticed!” she said as she held the ends of her red hair and glared at Father Abel. He laughed faintly, waved his hands back and forth, and said, “It's gorgeous! Honestly! I've been thinking about it all day!”
 
* * *
 
Esther, Abel, and Ion sat around a table in a meeting room inside the palace. “Esther, should we contact Lady Catherine about a plan?” Abel suggested as he pushed back his sliding glasses with his index, middle, and ring finger. “Lady Catherine!” Esther gasped. Ion and Abel looked at her confused for a second while she continued; “I was supposed to contact her as soon as I heard from you, Abel.” She pushed the button of the circular gold object attached to the middle of the table. A voice spoke from it, “To where and to whom do you wish to speak with?”
 
Abel and Ion looked at it appalled and confused, but they where also interested with it.
 
“Lady Catherine of the Vatican in Rome.” Esther said. A holographic image of a transparent screen with Lady Catherine's face came up. “Queen Esther,” she said, “do you have some news for me?”
 
“Yes, I do.” Esther said. “I found Abel, and also the Duke of Memphis, Ion.” Abel's face appeared next to Esther's face on Lady Catherine's screen back in Rome. He smiled and waved, “H-Hello, Lady Catherine. Ha. Ha.” The laugh he laughed was a fake one because he could tell that Lady Catherine was mad with him.
 
“Abel!” she shouted. Abel's face went pale and Esther looked appalled. “Y-yes, Lady Catherine?” he asked cowardly. She looked at him with annoyance. “Abel, you fool! Why didn't you contact Esther or me sooner? Do you know how much you made her (Esther) worry?”
 
Abel shrunk back in fear of the mad beast-like Lady Catherine. She continued, “Every day the poor girl would call me twice a day to see if we heard anything of you! Goodness!”
 
Esther looked at the screen appalled at how much she was reprimanding him. “Lady Catherine it's all right. He gets the picture.”
 
“Yes!” he said in a pleading tone.
 
Lady Catherine relaxed in her chair and sighed. After a moment of silence, she spoke up, “Abel, we found out where the White Demon is.”
 
“What?” Abel gasped lightly as he and his face became very serious. “I'm sending Father Tres to you.” She told them.
 
“White demon?” Esther thought. “Could it be…Cain?”
 
Abel with the most serious face listened attentively to Lady Catherine. “He has made his way from Allemagne to Vanha Suomi. Esther, Your Highness, forgive me to ask, but would you please go with them, to look after Father Abel.”
 
Abel smiled a carefree smile and joked, “It sounds like you are making her my personal babysitter.”
 
“I am.” She said as serious as ever.
 
“What?” he gasped and dropped his jaw. “L-Lady Catherine, you know far well that I can take care of myself!” he renounced.
 
“Oh? You do? And you take care of yourself so well that you always end up broke and starving before you mission ends?” she remarked and looked up at Esther's face. “So could you?” she pleaded.
 
Esther was amazed that Lady Catherine would ask her to take care of him but she smiled pleasantly. “I'd love to Lady Catherine.”
 
Abel, who was busy thinking that she would reject Lady Catherine's request, was appalled at her answer. “Really?” he asked. “You don't mind taking care of poor, little, old me?” He sympathized himself. He folded his hands together like he did when he would pray and held them next to his cheeks; his eyes shimmered like a pleading little girl's.
 
“Of coarse, Father.” She said in a calm, quiet tone.
 
“All right,” Lady Catherine said, “Now that, that is cleared up, I give you my prayers and I wish that your journey is safe. Farewell.” Then the monitor turned itself off.
 
“Well then, now that we know our mission let's have dinner! Shall we?' Abel said contently and gave a slight nod.
 
“He's back to his normal self.” Ion thought curiously. “Why is that? The whole journey he was so serious and a bit sullen.” He watched Abel laugh at himself when Esther asked if he hadn't been eating normally “Could it be that,” he pondered, “Esther is the special friend he told me about?” He remembered his word on that day before they had left Rome: “…I hurt my special friend, who is the most important and precious person in my life.”
 
* * *
 
“Oh my!” Abel gasped over the feast in the dining room. A grand feast was prepared for them; it was spread across a fairly large table. “It looks delicious!” He said. Esther smiled, “Go ahead Abel. Dig in.”
 
“Oh boy!” he cried and began to eat. He looked like a child, who was opening presents, on Christmas morning. “This is delicious!” he said and looked over to Esther, who sat next to him. He started to consume more food. I am glad that you are enjoying your meal.” She smiled cheerfully. He looked back up at her and nodded wildly. “Yes! Yes! I am ever so grateful!”
 
Esther noticed that on his left cheek was some butter-sauce. “Oh, Abel, you have some sauce on your cheek. Here” She reached over with her napkin in her hand, which was before on her lap, and whipped the sauce off his cheek. Abel watched, surprised, and even blushed a little as her hand under the napkin touched his face.
 
“There!” she said and pulled her hand back. Ion watched them closely with envy. “How dare he let my Esther touch his face!” he thought as he continued to eat his meal.
 
* * *
 
Later that night, after Esther had told them to stay at the palace, a maid showed Ion the way to his room. “Why did Esther choose to show Abel his room?” Ion wondered. The lovely, young maid opened the door to his room, smiled, and said. “Here's your room, Duke of Memphis.” He gazed at her, as the setting sun shined on her through the big window next to them. “S-She's pretty…” he thought.
 
* * *
Esther lead Abel down a hallway as the setting sun shined in on them through the tall, big windows on their right as it cast shadows. Esther opened a door on their left that opened up to grand chamber. “Here's your room, Abel.” She said and walked inside to show him around. “Wow, this place is magnificent!” he awed and looked around the room. He spotted the large bed and jumped onto the end of it and sat there. “Ah! This bed is so huge and comfortable!” he sighed and leaned back to lie down. “Ah! This feels nice!”
 
Esther smiled, “There is a change of clothes in the dresser here and the bathroom is the door next to it.”
 
He looked up, “Thank you.” She nodded. “Something is troubling her,” he thought, “her face looks so nostalgic.”
 
“W-well Abel, good night.” She said and turned to walk out of the room. He sat up and called to her, “Wait Esther.” She turned to him, “Hm?” He got up and walked over to her. “Esther, is something troubling you?”
 
“Abel,” she started, “I'm fine really.”
 
“Are you sure?” He asked again. “Because if anything is troubling you, you can tell me; I'm all ears.” He put a hand on her shoulder. She looked away and said, “Oh, Abel, I'm scared,” she looked into his eyes, I know you'll protect me, but what if you get hurt again?”
 
“Esther I'll be fine. Now cheer up and go to sleep. I'll see you in the morning,” He assured her and took his hand off her shoulder. She nodded, “Yes, Goodnight.” She walked out of the room and into her own.