Trinity Blood Fan Fiction ❯ Trinity Blood the Movie ❯ Scene Three-"To Nordrvegr" ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 “To Nordrvegr.”
 
Esther sat on the seat of the train next to Abel. She was nervous because he was so close to her. Sure they used to sit next to each other all the time but never did they pretend to be married. She tightened her grip on her dress but then slowly lighten her grip. Eventually she let her hands slide down to touch the seat. But her left hand touched something other then her seat. Instead it touched a big, warm hand. She, with a face as red as a tomato, looked at Abel's face. He smiled his goofy but caring smile at her, which made her turn even redder. She quickly drew her hand back toward her mouth and turned her head toward the window on her right. There she watched the moving scenery.
 
Ion had growled silently when he saw Esther touch his hand, then Abel smiling at her, and then her turning away. Oh, how his mind was filled with envy, although he didn't show it. “He knows how much I love her.” He grumbled silently. “But for some reason when ever I had mentioned her name, his eyes would grow sad but his smile would be pure and affectionate.”
*
The long train ride was quickly over and soon the quartet headed for Harwich's main port, where they would get on a boat and sail to Nordrvegr. They could see the ocean, boats, docks, and the sea gulls and pigeons, which were flying about the port. They looked out over the scenery from the hill and street that they were on.
 
Suddenly Abel's pace slowed down and he placed a hand on his stomach. Felling that she was now literally dragging Abel, Esther stopped and turned to him. “Abel, what's the matter?”
 
“My-my stomach….” He moaned. Esther hovered over him and said, “Abel what's wrong? Is it a stomachache? Appendicitis?” When she said the word appendicitis she became even more worried about him. “My stomach is…empty.” He said faintly.
 
“Empty?!” She choked. “You mean your hungry? That's all?”
 
He nodded, “Yes.” Ion looked annoyed at him. Father Tres just stared blankly at all of them. “Abel! I thought you where truly sick! Are you trying to sent me to an early grave?”
 
“No.” He shook his head weakly. “I'm not trying to do that. I'm just…really hungry." He said sheepishly. “Well, I guess we can grab something to eat.” She said in almost a sigh.
 
“Negative, Esther. Our boat departure is in 960 seconds in counting.” Father Tres said.
 
“Only 16 minutes!” Ion gasped. Esther tugged on Abel's arm. “Come on, Abel. I know you can make it. Only a little farther and then you can eat on the boat.” Abel nodded in agreement and soon he slowly walked behind Esther once again.
*
They finally reached the dock and quickly boarded their boat. Not once in her life had Esther ridden on a fast boat. Sure she rode in little lake boats and gondoliers, but never had she ridden on a big boat, which moved so fast. The boat soon left the dock and was headed out into the North Sea and toward Nordrvegr.
 
Abel sat in their room (his and Esther's *eek*) and sat at the small table and ate some bread and portage with some water to drink. Their room had two beds (*phew*), a small oil lamp, a small nightstand, a dresser, a small bathroom, and a round, metal trimmed window. Esther smiled at him from the other side of the table as he ate contently, but for some strange reason she felt sick in her stomach. “This is like the first meal I cooked you.” She said remembering the night of when he had entered into her life. He nodded. “But your cooking was better than this.” He said with his mouth full. “Abel, please don't speak with your mouth full.” She calmly reprimanded him. He nodded and continued to first his meal.
 
Esther had enough with her stomachache, so she decided to go up stairs out onto the deck. “Abel,” she said getting up, “I'm going up to the deck to get some fresh air.”
 
“Okay. I'll come with you.” He said noticing her pale face. “I must give the dishes back to the chef and tell him thank you for the meal.” She nodded. She headed out of the room and to the flight of wooden stairs that separated the top deck and the lower quarters. He followed silently with his normal goofy smile.
 
On the top deck Esther leaned her waist and arms against the railing and let the wind blow through her light scarlet hair. Abel saw her as her walked back over to her after he given the chef the back the dishes and told him thanks. “Her complexion is pale.” He thought as he made is way toward her.
 
“Esther?” He started as he stood next to her. “Are you all right? You seem a bit pale.”
 
“Yeah, I'm just fine-“ she started but was cut off by vomit that crawled up her throat and enter into her mouth. She leaned over the railing and threw up. Abel stood appalled at the hunched over Esther. He came even closer to her and began to rub on her back carefully.
“You are not all right.” He whispered.
 
“Is this what they call seasickness?” she asked before she had to throw up again, which she did. “Yes.” He said and continued to rub her back.
 
Ion and Father Tres came up from the lower quarters and saw Esther and Abel. Ion ran to “his” dear Esther's side. “Esther? What's wrong?”
 
She tired to answer but she could because she threw up again, so Abel answered for her, “Just a little seasickness, Ion. Nothing not normal.”
 
“Not normal? How is this normal?” Esther groaned but then began to throw up again.
 
“Ion could you go get someone to give her some medicine to calm her stomach?” Abel said worrying about poor Esther's health. “Right! I will!' he said running off.
 
Abel watched the young teen go as he caressed her back. “Tres, could you check and see if this is just-“ Abel started but then Father Tres cut him off, “I already did Abel. It's normal seasickness.”
 
Abel sighed in relief. Esther looked up at him, “What do you mean to check to see if this is just normal seasickness?” He didn't say anything to her he just continued to rub her back. She leaned again over the railing to throw up. “I hate this.” Esther thought after she caught her breath.
 
“ `Master' Tres! `Master' Abel! `Madam' Esther!” Ion called to them signifying that he had someone with him. He ran up to them dragging a man in his early 30s, who was dressed in long navy pants, a white silk button down shirt, and wore a black three corner hat.
 
“Oh, good job Ion.” Abel smiled. “Sir, could you help my wife.”
 
Esther felt her checks burn with embarrassment, but luckily it didn't show because she was pale. She felt nervous when he said the word wife because they weren't even married and she didn't even tell him that she loved him yet.
 
“She has seasickness, mate? Poor Sheila. Come bring her to her room and someone bring a dry bucket and a bucket filled with cold Adam's ale.” Father Tres understood the wordAdam's ale, but everyone else didn't, so ended up getting the water. Abel picked up Esther, and she would have been as red as her hair if in wasn't for her paleness, and he brought her back to their room. When they came in he laid her in her bed and helped her with her covers.
 
“So sweet, mate. You two look just how my wife and I looked on our honeymoon. Well except the fact that we didn't get sick.” The man replied as he walked into the door with a woman around the same age as him. Abel blushed slightly at his comment. “This is my wife, Jasmine.” He introduced, “Honey, this is…” He paused. “Excuse me, but I never seem to have caught your name, mate.”
 
“Abel. Abel Nightroad. This is my `wife' Esther Bl-” he caught himself, “Nightroad.”
 
The man chuckled, “Well mate, I'm Caspian, Captain Caspian Miller. But you can call me Caspian.”
 
Esther weakly sat up a bit. “Abel.” She groaned. “Give me that can there.”
 
Abel grabbed the metal trashcan by the small nightstand and handed it to her. She then buried her head inside it and began to throw up again. Abel looked at her sadly; he felt so bad for poor Esther. “Abel,” she cried. “It hurts so much.” He rubbed her back again. He had no idea what to say except, “I know. I'm sorry, but you'll feel better soon.”
 
Ion and Father Tres came in with the bucket of water and another bucket. Ion gave Esther a sympathic look and at Abel he looked like had was about to kill him. Abel looked at the angry teen confused.
 
“Sir, would you put that bucket on the nightstand and lad give the Shelia the bucket in your hand.” Jasmine instructed. Father Tres and Ion obeyed. Jasmine came over to the bucket of water and took a handkerchief out of her pocket. She dipped it in the cold water, rolled it into a rectangle, made Esther lie down, and then placed the cold, wet handkerchief on her forehead. “Mister Nightroad.” Jasmine whispered. Abel looked at her, “Yes, Misses Miller?”
 
She turned and said, “Could you bring me a glass of Adam's ale?” Abel nodded and elbowed Ion in his side to signal him to get it. Ion moaned lightly, but then left the room and quickly came back with a cup of water.
 
“Thank you, young man.” Jasmine said as she took the cup away from Ion. She pulled out a small envelope from her pocket and poured the content into the water. She then helped Esther up and said, “Here sweetie, drink this.” Esther cupped her hands around the cup and drank it quickly. She gave the cup back to Jasmine and immediately fell asleep. Abel and Ion gasped when she saw her fast asleep.
 
Jasmine giggled, “It's only a side effect. She should wake up in a few hours.”
 
“Abel, why not come to my office. Mate,” he said turning to Father Tres, “you can come to if you want.”
 
“Affirmative.” Father Tres said. Abel looked at Esther, he felt so bad for her. “Poor Esther.” He thought. “She must feel terrible.” Caspian looked at Abel and asked, “Abel are you coming?” Abel shook his head slightly, “I think I'll stay here and keep her company.”
 
“I'll stay here for you `Master' Abel!” Ion spoke up, but Jasmine shushed him and lightly pushed him toward the door. “Abel, we're going to have a big dinner on the main deck at nine o'clock. We hope you and your wife will be there, okay mate.” Caspian said before he closed the door. When he saw Abel smile and nod he closed the door leaving the two alone.
 
Abel pulled the chair next to the window and opened it. The salty wind blew into the room and on his face. It rustled his silver hair as he stared out into the open sea. For the rest of the evening he stared out the window or looked and checked on Esther to see if she was all right.