Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ An offer you can't refuse ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tsubasa reservoir chronicle, An offer you can't refuse.
Disclaimer:
 
I dont own Tsubasa reservoir chronicle, or the characters…
 
~~~~~~
 
Chapter one.
 
“Kuro-muu! Wait up!”
The gang had arrived in a new dimension a few days ago. It was a large trading port. Using Sakura's amazing luck at gambling, they had once again gotten enough money for a decent hotel, and some native clothes. And now they had spread out in search of Sakura's feather because, once again, Mokona did feel some sort of strong magic, but could not pinpoint where it was coming from. Kurogane and Fai were walking along the docks, looking for anything suspicious.
“You should just walk faster!” Kurogane called back at the mage, who was running along behind him.
“You are so mean Kuro-wa!” Fai grinned his usual grin.
“It's Kurogane dammit!” the ninja retorted.
“Maybe we should just stop and ask some people?” Fai suggested, as they reached an open docking space. The sea was beautiful and blue. Kurogane snorted.
“Okay fine! Let's ask that guy, he looks suspicious.” He said, pointing to a man with long black hair, and a matching black and white cloak. He was standing with his back to them, and appeared to be looking for something. Fai stared at him.
“Hey, are you coming or what?” Kurogane asked, already approaching the guy.
”Kuro-ni! Wait!” Fai called after him, but Kurogane ignored him and kept walking, so the mage quickly dove behind a large crate.
“Oi! You there!” Kurogane shouted, and the man turned to face him. His forehead was marked with jewels, and his eyes were like ice.
“Did you see any strange feathers here? Cause some silly girl lost her memories, in the form of feathers and-” Kurogane ranted on about how he was dragged along on this wild goose chase, when he just wanted to return to his own dimension. He didn't notice that the stranger was only half listening. In the background, Fai was tiptoeing in the other direction, as quietly as possible.
“Hold it right there Flowright! You think I wouldn't recognise your ass after all this time?” the man shouted suddenly, staring over Kurogane's shoulder. Fai froze in his tracks and turned around, wearing his usual grin.
 
“Ashura! Hi! How've you been?” he asked, waving merrily. The stranger pushed Kurogane aside and strode towards Fai menacingly.
“You know perfectly well how I've been! What were you thinking, putting me in a hibernative sleeping state?” he shouted.
“Well I-”
“And then locking me in a coffin and throwing me into a pond!” the man raged on.
“It was for your own good!” Fai stuttered.
“My own good?! You know very well I'm claustrophobic!”
“Hold on here, you know each other?” Kurogane asked, stepping in.
“Know him? He's my boyfriend!” the man named Ashura shouted. Kurogane's jaw dropped.
“Ex-boyfriend!” Fai corrected him.
“Nobody dumps Ashura! Come on, we're going back to Celes!” Ashura shouted, grabbing Fai's wrist.
“No way!” Fai said, trying to pull himself free.
“Yes way!”
“Listen, if the guy says he doesn't wanna go, he doesn't wanna go!” Kurogane said viciously, and he punched Ashura in the stomach. The king immediately let go of Fai.
“Kuro-fa to the rescue!” Fai sang happily.
“I see, so you're protecting him are you? Well, no matter. I will have what is mine!” Ashura shouted, and he disappeared in a bang and a wisp of smoke.
“Jeez, what an ego!” Kurogane muttered.
“Almost as big as yours, eh Kuro-nyu?” Fai asked happily.
“Don't you Kuro-nyu me! You've got some explaining to do!” Kurogane shouted, rounding on Fai.
 
After thirty minutes they were back in the hotelroom. Syaoran and Sakura hadn't returned yet, so they had the place to themselves. For some reason Kurogane couldn't understand, Fai found this very amusing. But then again, the guy found nearly everything amusing.
“So what's the deal with this Ashura fellow?” Kurogane demanded.
“Well, we used to… date… That is, until his ego grew too big for my likeness.” Fai started explaining over a cup of tea. “So I dumped him. I tried to soften the blow a bit by making him dinner. Sadly, he took it the wrong way and flipped. Nearly destroyed the palace. Luckily, I had prepared a plan B. Some powerful sleeping magic. I sealed him in a glass coffin, at the bottom of the celestial pond. And then I-”
“Ran away like a little pansie.” Kurogane finished for him.
“Well yes.” Fai nodded.
“And he's after you.”
“Again, yes. You're a smart one, Kuro-win!” Fai said happily. Kurogane was annoyed by the way the mage continued to grin. As though it didn't bother him at all.
“It's Kurogane!” he grumbled.