Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ An offer you can't refuse ❯ Chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tsubasa reservoir chronicle, An offer you can't refuse.
Chapter two.
 
The next day, Kurogane was sitting on a terrace, enjoying a sandwich. He had told the others he was going to look for information about the feather, but so far, he had talked to only one person, and that was the waiter. He stared into the ocean, thinking deeply, in that Kurogane way of his.
“Do you mind if I join you?” asked a voice. Kurogane looked up to see Ashura, who was already sitting down.
“As a matter of fact I do.” Kurogane grumbled, getting to his feet.
“Oh, that's too bad. I have a proposition for you.” Ashura said, taking a file out of his pocket and staring at his nails.
“A proposition? You think I'm stupid?” Kurogane asked, glaring at the king.
“Well yes. But I suggest you hear me out.” Ashura said, now filing his nails. A long silence followed, and Kurogane sat down again.
“Wise decision. Hey waiter!” Ashura shouted, waving his hand. The waiter, who looked just like Touya came walking towards them.
“What can I do for you?” He asked in his usual mood.
“I'll have a ham cheese sandwich.” Ashura ordered, smiling wickedly. Touya shrugged and walked back to the kitchens. “You wont mind paying for me would you Kuro-pun? I'm financially bankrupt in this dimension.” The king asked sweetly.
“It's Kurogane dammit! What's with you Celes people?!”
“We eat a lot of sugar.” Ashura said simply. “So anyway, I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse.”
 
That evening, two lone persons stood by the docks. Night had already fallen, and the moon was reflected on the salty water.
“So what did you have to tell me Kuro-boo?” Fai asked in his usual happy voice.
“Funny story really. I saw Ashura today.” Kurogane began.
“Oh, you did?” Fai asked, in the same voice.
“Yeah, he said he had a proposition for me. Said he could get me back to my own dimension if I handed you over to him!” Kurogane said, and he laughed. Fai giggled slightly.
“He even made me pay for his lunch!” he continued, and both laughed even harder.
“And here's the funny part! I accepted!” Kurogane said, still laughing.
“Hahah! Wait-what?” Fai asked, stopping in mid-laugh. There was a moment of silence and then “Hohoh, that's a good one Kuro-myuu! You nearly had me there!”
“No, it's not a joke.” Kurogane said simply. Fai looked down to see that his hands had been cuffed.
“When did you-”
“A very good job Kuro-rin!” said a voice. Ashura suddenly stepped out of the shadows of a tall building. Fai gasped and stared back at Kurogane, who in his turn was glaring at Ashura.
“It's Kurogane dammit! You Celes people are all nuts! Now keep your side of the bargain.”
“Very well, very well. Here, take this pendant. It can transport one person to the dimension of his choice. But it can only be used once.” Ashura said, dropping a pink pendant in Kurogane's hand.
“Kuro-nin! You can't do this!” Fai pleaded, but the ninja ignored him.
“A pink necklace? Could it be any more girly?” he growled, but he pocketed it anyway.
“Now Fai, say goodbye to your friend. We have a long night ahead of us.” Ashura whispered, putting his hand on Fai's shoulder.
“Argh! Kuro-moh! Help me!” Fai begged, but Kurogane turned away. “Nooo! Help! Kurogane!!!” the mage shrieked, and there was a loud bang. The ninja turned around to see a wisp of smoke clearing away. Had Fai just called him Kurogane? Nah, it was probably his imagination.
 
Kurogane returned to the hotelroom to find Syaoran and Sakura playing a game of chess. Even though Sakura didn't know the rules, she was defeating her little friend easily. Mokona was cheering them both on from the sidelines with a hyperactive dance.
“Hey Kurogane. Have you seen Fai?” Syaoran asked, looking up.
“No, I haven't.” Kurogane said gruffly, walking on to his own room. He shut the door behind him and sat down on the bed. What was that strange feeling in the pit of his stomach? Was it guilt, or just that sandwich? Well, it didn't matter now. He was going home. The ninja reached into his pocket and pulled out the girly pink pendant. Suddenly, he was reminded of the curse Tomoyo had laid on him. It was there to ensure that he refrained from wasting any more innocent lives. Every time he killed someone, his strength would weaken.
“Oh brother…” he muttered, staring at the necklace. He then reluctantly hung it around his neck, concentrating on the dimension he wanted to go to. A large portal opened underneath his feet, and he was sucked in.
“Argh! Not again!” he shouted, as he sank through the floor to appear in another dimension.