Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ An offer you can't refuse ❯ Chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tsubasa reservoir chronicle, An offer you can't refuse.
Chapter three.
 
Kurogane fell to the floor of an abandoned palace hall. It was so cold, his breath rose before him like a cloud. He got up and started walking forwards, the sound of his footsteps echoing off the walls.
“What a depressing dump.” Kurogane muttered.
Suddenly, his was blocked by a girl with long blond hair. She had strange ears, as though she was half animal.
“Welcome to Ceres, brave traveller. I'm-”
“A demon!” Kurogane shouted, taking a defense pose. The girl sighed.
“I'm no demon.”
“Yes you are! Those ears prove that you are some magical beast!” Kurogane said, pointing at her. The girl seemed to fill with indignation.
“I am indeed a magical creature, but I am no beast!” she replied angrily.
“That's what they all say, and then the next second, they bite your head off!”
“Do I look like I am capable of biting off that humongous head of yours? And besides, if you keep acting like that, I won't even bother taking you to my master.” The girl retorted.
“Your master? Take me to him now!” Kurogane commanded, standing up straight again.
“Apologize.”
“What?”
“Apologize for calling me a beast. My name is Chii!”
“Fine fine! I'm sorry! Now hurry!” Kurogane said in an annoyed voice.
“I suppose that'll do. Follow me.” Chii said, and she turned around, beckoning the ninja to follow her. They went up a whole bunch of stairs, occasionally crossing through a hall to go up even more stairs.
“Haven't they ever heard of elevators here?” Kurogane hissed, as they started to go up another staircase.
“E-le-va-tors? No… but don't worry, we're almost halfway” Chii said. Kurogane groaned.
 
After 30 minutes of walking, they finally reached the top floor. It was a circular room without walls, and the roof was supported by several stone pillars. In the centre of the room was a deep pond. Its surface was as smooth as glass.
“The celestial pond.” Chii said, walking over to it and sitting down next it.
“So, where is your master?” Kurogane asked, glaring at the girl. The girl was about to answer when a voice behind Kurogane stopped her.
“Kuro-tan! And to what do I owe this pleasure?”
“Ashura!” Kurogane shouted, whipping round to face the king. “I've changed my mind about our deal.”
“Well, too late now. It looks like you've already used the pendant, and our deal was… non refundable.” The king said smiling.
“Well then, I guess I'll just have to take Fai from your dead hands and- hold on, where is he anyway?” Kurogane asked, looking around.
“In there.” Ashura responded, pointing at the pond with his thumb. “He's doing some thinking about what he did to me.”
Kurogane ran over to the pond and peered in. At the very bottom, inside a glass coffin, was Fai. He looked a bit bored. When he saw Kurogane however, he waved merrily.
“That's pretty mean.” Kurogane admitted.
“Hey, you're telling me? I had to hover over this thing for months, to make sure the king wouldn't awaken.” Chii said grumpily.
“Didn't do a very good job now did you?” Kurogane retorted. Chii stuck out her tongue in response.
“I only left for a minute to get something to eat.”
“Well, let's get this over with then.” The ninja said. His hand automatically moved to the hilt of his sword, but then he remembered he didn't have one anymore. “Oh, will you look at that? I think I left something in the oven. Excuse me for a moment.” He said, turning towards the stairs.
“Not so fast Kuro-sho!” Ashura said. Kurogane froze. He had finally snapped.
“That is it! I have had it with these damn nicknames! My name is Kurogane! Is that so hard to remember?! I will beat you to a pulp and etch my name into your scrawny ass with your own teeth!” he roared, turning to face the king once again.
“Bring it!” Ashura said, complete with the handsignal. Chii pulled out some popcorn to watch the climactic battle of doom.
“You are going down!” the ninja shouted, running towards Ashura, his fist raised. The king however, merely jumped aside and shot an energy ball at Kurogane. It barely missed the target and went flying through one of the pillars, leaving a large hole.
“Holy crap!” Kurogane shouted, jumping to the left to avoid another blast. Soon, the air was filled with battle, as Kurogane shot across the room, trying to avoid getting hit and in the meantime get close to the king.
“Hm… great battle, great popcorn.” Chii said happily.
Suddenly, one of the energy blasts went astray and shot into the pond, breaking the smooth surface. Nobody but Fai noticed, since it landed just next to the coffin. The impact caused the glass to crack, creating a little hole. The coffin slowly started to fill up with water.