Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ An offer you can't refuse ❯ Chapter four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tsubasa reservoir chronicle, An offer you can't refuse.
Chapter four.
 
The battle raged on in the large palace hall.
“You can't beat me Kuro-nin! I am your father!” Ashura shouted, firing another blast.
“Oh my god, really?” Kurogane asked, stopping in midair.
“Nah, I'm just messin' with ya.” Ashura admitted, and Kurogane cursed loudly, falling the floor just inches away from where the last blast landed.
“Hey you! I've got a message for you!” Chii called suddenly.
“I'm kinda busy now!” Kurogane shouted back, diving behind one of the pillars to avoid getting hit.
“It's from my master.”
“What does he want?” Kurogane sighed, throwing a pebble at Ashura, who got hit in the eye and cursed loudly.
“He says the coffin is filling up with water, and you should come save him now because his clothes are getting wet.” Chii said simply.
“Well I obviously can't go now! You save him!” Kurogane shouted, running out from behind the pillar and towards the king.
“I can't swim.” The girl responded shrugging.
“Better get this over with fast then.” Kurogane said, pulling back his fist and punching Ashura in the face.
“You bastard!” the king shouted, slapping the ninja in return. Soon, both men were enraged in a bitchslap extravaganza. After watching for a bit in amusement, Chii let out a slight cough.
“Oh right.” Kurogane mumbled, tugging Ashura's hair one last time. “Oh my god! Look behind you!” he shouted, clasping a hand in front of his mouth and pointing at something behind Ashura. The king looked back in confusion, and Kurogane took this time to kick him hard in the stomach, Syaoran style. Ashura flew back and hit one of the pillars, where he sank to the floor.
 
Kurogane ran over to the pond, and peered at the bottom. The coffin was almost filled with water, and Fai was desperately trying to push the lid off. The ninja wasted no time and jumped into the water, splashing Chii while doing so. She cursed loudly, but Kurogane didn't hear. He swam over to the coffin, that was by now completely filled with water. Fai was holding his breath, and grinning at the ninja at the same time. Again, it bothered Kurogane that Fai could smile like nothing was wrong. He tried to move the lid, but it was no good. The damn thing was extremely heavy. Fai was slowly turning a shade of blue, due to lack of oxygen. Kurogane quickly looked around for anything he could use to open the coffin. A big rock caught his eye. It must've been part of a pillar, until said pillar exploded. He quickly swam over to it and grabbed it. It was a bit too heavy, but it had to do. He dragged it back to the coffin to notice that Fai's eyes were closed, and he wasn't moving at all anymore. Kurogane cursed inwardly and raised the rock, bringing it down again on the coffin lid. A large crack appeared. Kurogane had to smash the lid atleast two more times before it shattered. He quickly pulled the mage out of the glass shards and tried to pull him back to the surface, as he was now running out of air himself. The mage was heavier than he looked, but Kurogane was no quitter. At last they reached the surface, and Kurogane gasped for breath as he swam to the edge of the pond, dragging Fai along. Chii pulled her master out of the water, completely ignoring the ninja as she laid Fai down on the cold ground.
"He's not breathing..." she said anxiously, as Kurogane climbed out the pond and ran over to her.
"Dammit!" Kurogane shouted, crouching down next to the mage too and bringing his fist down on the ground. he was too late. And it was also his fault. Not only did he have Fai's death on his conscience, but he had also wasted his only chance to get home. This was unacceptable.
“Move aside girl!” Kurogane said, pushing Chii away. She fell backwards with a loud “Oof!”
“Hey, what's the big idea?” She shouted, sitting up again and rubbing the back of her head. Though what she saw next didn't please her at all. Kurogane was pinching Fai's nose and brought his mouth down on the mage's. Chii, completely misreading the scene, ran over there and pulled Kurogane off again.
“Stop that you creep! You necrophile! Ewww!” she shrieked, dragging Kurogane away.
“Let go you fool! Have you never heard of CPR?” Kurogane shouted, pulling himself free from Chii's grip.
“CPR?” Chii repeated, blinking. In the background, Fai suddenly started coughing.
 
“Master! You're alive!” Chii shouted happily, and Kurogane crawled over to him. Fai blinked for a second, and then squealed something Kurogane couldn't understand, giving him a rib-cracking hug. The ninja distinctively heard the word Kuro-pan, but the rest of the words were foreign to him.
“Dammit! That white manjuu isn't here!” Kurogane shouted for no reason in particular, since Fai couldn't understand a word he was saying either. The mage, who was still clinging to Kurogane, laughed aloud and said something to Chii.
“Hey, what did he say?” the ninja asked Chii.
“He said that he knew you would come to save him, because you love him so much.” Chii said, not really paying attention.
“Tell him not to get the wrong idea!” Kurogane shouted, turning red. Chii grinned evilly and said something in Ceres to Fai, who grinned broadly. This made Kurogane very nervous. Damn that beast or whatever she was if she said the exact opposite of what Kurogane had told her to say.