Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ Through Glass ❯ Intro: Apprehensive ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Kuro-puu?” Fai purred.
 
Kurogane looked down at the pale, blonde mage curled up at his side “Hm?”
 
“Nothing,” Fai mumbled sleepily.
 
The tall ninja smiled. Slowly Fai's eyes slipped shut and his breathing began to even out. The warmth of the sun and the calming view of the lake were beginning to make Kurogane sleepy too. It was so beautiful and peaceful here that it was easy to see why this was Fai's favorite place.
 
“Come on, Fai,” Kurogane said, nudging the mage awake. “Let's go home.”
 
The mage nodded and accepted the hand offered to help him up. For a time they walked in silence, simply enjoying each other's company. It was Fai who finally broke the silence.
 
“Kuro-chii?” the mage said tentatively as they walked.
 
Kurogane looked down at the pale, thin, blonde. His bright blue eyes were clouded with emotion.
 
“Are you alright?” the ninja asked.
 
“Yeah,” Fai said, staring at the ground.
 
“What's wrong?” Kurogone asked again.
 
“It's nothing,” Fai said softly. He paused for a moment and looked up into his lover's red eyes. Kurogane was shocked at the pain and fear he saw there. When the blonde spoke again his voice was little more than a choked whisper, “I love you.”
 
Kurogane pulled Fai as close as he could and whispered back to him, “I love you, too.”