Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Acedia ❯ euphoria ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

fandom.twilight series
pairing.marcus/seth
prompt.o17. happy
theme set.emotions
title.euphoria
rating.pg
words.355 words
notes/warnings.none, really, except leave a review or a comment if you like it.
 
. euphoria .
 
Alec wasn't jealous. For one thing, Seth was completely not what he was looking for or wanted in a mate, hence, he was not desirable for him and his jealousy towards Marcus was unfounded. But that reasoning and logic didn't do anything to quell the actual feelings which he felt.
 
It was hard to deny that he was jealous when that emotion was as strong as it was.
 
In all the time that he'd known him, which had been several centuries, Alec had never seen Marcus smile, or show any sort of emotion whatsoever. Marcus had always been the unreachable member of the leadership triad of the Volturi, the one that no one understood or could touch. It wasn't just his apathetic, almost zombie-like, state of being, it was just the fact that an air of depression floated around him at all times.
 
But shortly after Seth had arrived, probably within the first few months of his stay with the Volturi, Marcus' cold shell had started to crack and break apart. For the first time in hundreds of years, the ancient vampire was happy.
 
That was why Alec was jealous.
 
He'd watched Marcus regain the happiness that he'd never had for the time that he'd known him, and now Alec wanted that for himself. Now Marcus was much more, well, welcoming and a genuinely kind person who was almost unrecognizable from the zombie he'd been before. The transformation was shocking.
 
Jane was less then pleased with that development. She'd made it a great joy of hers to torment the young wolf whenever possible with her unique brand of torture. But since now Seth was the one who made Marcus' the happiest anyone had probably ever seen him, he was placed on a higher pedestal then even Jane and Alec, the prized guards. Now he had the same status as Athenadora and Sulpecia had, that of a Volturi 'wife'.
 
It wasn't official, yet, but Alec seemed to know that nothing else would make Marcus happier then to know that Seth was his, and only his, in every way.
 
Well, it was only a matter of time.
 
FIN.
 
Too much of this is confusing, I bet. I'd actually post the parts of Complexity as I finished them, but it's my project for this year's NaNo, so you won't actually be seeing anything of it but these little drabbles until November. I hope that you'll all be able to hold out until then.
 
Please comment or review.
 
Twilight.