Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Acedia ❯ lost in thought ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fandom:→ Twilight series
Pairing:→ Marcus/Seth
Prompt:→ o10. pensive
Theme Set:→ Emotions
Title:→ Lost in Thought
Words:→372 words
 
. lost in thought .
 
As Seth slept, Marcus gently ran his fingers through the young wolf's hair, his own thoughts lingering on all of the changes that had transpired in his unlife in such a short period of time. And it was rare that he had a moment to himself; normally his days and nights were filled with Seth, or playing the intricate games of the Volturi court.
 
He still didn't care much for the intrigues which Aro and Caius seemed so fond of playing, but then again, to them it was a grand source of entertainment, taking advantage of others' relationships and feelings to achieve their own ends. But then, Marcus knew neither of them had such a strong attachment to someone as he did to Seth; he could see his own relationship with the young man, and knew that its strength was more then anything else he'd ever seen in all of his years with the Volturi.
 
It was even more potent, more passionate and deep, then his relationship with Didyme had been.
 
That definitely deserved further thought. It could be that strange genetic compulsion that all wolves faced, the matter of imprinting. Marcus knew, from his own research and Seth's own knowledge of it, that much of what it caused or did to the affected parties was unknown. Imprinting was a huge mystery, but it had definitely come into play between them.
 
Seth had imprinted on Marcus, though it hadn't been the sudden change of the center of his universe that he'd come to expect it to be. For them, it had been much more subtle; it had been the draw which had brought them together in the first place, and their feelings for each other had grown from there. Marcus was intensely glad that he'd never have to lose Seth to another due to the compulsion; he wouldn't survive another such loss, no matter how Aro schemed to keep him.
 
He was so glad, so relieved, so happy, to have Seth with him, that he could reflect on his luck and happiness for hours. And he did. Every night when Seth slept, he would spend his time ruminating on everything that he had to be grateful for.
 
And there was a lot.
 
FIN.