Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Acedia ❯ tranquil ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fandom:→ Twilight series
Pairing:→ Marcus/Seth
Prompt:→ o14. calm
Theme Set:→ Emotions
Title:→ Tranquil
Words:→ 270 words
 
. tranquil .
 
For the first time in his life. Seth thinks that he's finally completely at peace with himself and the world around him. It probably should matter more to him that his entire world had to be torn apart and turned on its head for him to get to that point, but it does. Or, at least, it doesn't really matter that much.
 
He's happy though, and he's making the best of what was at first a really shitty situation, and that's putting it lightly. More then that, Seth has something that he knows that he could never have found back in dreary Forks and La Push, and that's Marcus. Marcus and the love and fostering bond that the two of them share, it gives him peace and it gives him hope.
 
Seth isn't the little hyper-active shifter that he used to be, he's done a lot of growing up in just under a year then he had in three years. He doubts that his friends, that everyone he knew before, would recognize him as he is now. The Seth they knew is gone, and in his place is a new Seth, but there are still similarities between the two.
 
But the new Seth is much calmer, and as Heidi has said, has more grace to him; he's much more refined then he was when he first was brought to Volterra.
 
Now Seth feels that he's finally gotten to the point where he can say that, yes, he does deserve Marcus and doesn't need to here the vampire say it out loud anymore. Of course, it's still nice to hear it.
 
FIN.