Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Acedia ❯ link ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fandom:→ Twilight series
Pairing:→ Marcus/Seth
Prompt:→ oo6. bond
Theme Set:→ Emotions
Title:→ Link
Words:→ 279 words
 
. link .
 
The deepest, most profound relationship that a shifter ever would have, was the one that they shared with the one whom they'd imprinted on. But Seth hadn't imprinted on anyone, not in the 'traditional' sense of it at least.
 
For one, Marcus was definitely male, there was no questioning that, and the common perception that the pack had on imprinting, was that they would always imprint on a female. After all, what was the point of imprinting and going through all the trouble which that entailed only to not have any offspring? But the idea of it, Seth was finding, went much deeper then just finding a good, strong mate.
 
It was the bond which formed between the two which was most important.
 
Shifters lived chaotic and dangerous lives. Every day could be their last, and their emotions tended to be tumultuous and often violent. Whoever it was that their inner wolf decided was their mate would have to be able to deal with the though of never getting to see the one they loved again each day, but also have a remarkably calm manner.
 
Well, Marcus wasn't a weak little wisp of a woman. Seth had seen him fight, once, against another of his kind, and he knew that he could hold his own in a fight, probably kick Seth's ass too.
 
What they shared went much deeper then just 'love', it was as if they were to halves of one whole, meant to fit perfectly together and never be parted. Without the other, they were incomplete, that was what imprinting was; finding your other 'half'.
 
Seth had found his in an unlikely place, but he'd found them.
 
FIN.
 
My soul got eaten by Star Trek, sorry about that, my muses have decided to take a bit of a vacation lately. I blame school. School and my stupid Chem teacher.
 
Comments are love.
 
Twilight.