Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Acedia ❯ purity ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

fandom.twilight series
pairing.marcus/seth
prompt.o20. author/artist choice - innocence
theme set.emotions
title.purity
words.357 words
 
. purity .
 
Seth is completely innocent.
 
That makes Marcus treasure all the more each gift that Seth gives him, no matter how small or trivial it might seem to others. For one, Seth had never been in love before. Sure he'd had crushes, everyone does, but the full-blown love which he experienced for the first time, and felt towards Marcus was in a completely different league from anything else he'd ever felt before.
 
And then there was that sweet, slightly naïve nature that the young shifter possessed that had faded just a little when he'd first arrived in Volterra, but now was back, only just a little darker then before. Now Seth had tasted a little more of the world and the cruel and hard nature of it. He wasn't so innocent in that regard any longer.
 
What surprised Marcus the most, perhaps, was the fact that Seth was still a virgin. That he hadn't expected, so he'd asked Seth about it.
 
“I just never thought about it.”
 
“That's not really the reason though, is it.” Marcus' lips turned downwards just a little, but on the inside, he was finding the teasing to be cute; especially given Seth's reaction.
 
Seth's cheeks turned a delicate shade of pink, “... I just didn't want to lose it to just anybody. Everyone else in the pack had someone... except me and Leah, and all of them had waited till they found that person, the one they imprinted on. I guess I wanted to wait for that person to come along too. It just seemed... right.”
 
For several moments, Marcus paused, considering his words, “I have to admit that I'm a little... surprised that you would've waited so long,” he held up his hand to stop Seth from interrupting him. “But now that I consider it a little more, I have to say that I'm pleased... and very honored to have been so many of your 'firsts', as you call them.”
 
Then Seth gave him one of his warm smiles that only Marcus got to see, “Yep, and that's the way that I want it to stay.”
 
FIN.
 
... kill me, I know it's cheesy.

Twilight.