Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Forever is a long time to stay away ❯ The Talk with Tracey ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 1- The Talk with Tracey

“Goodbye, Bella,” Edward said in a quiet, peaceful voice.

“wait!” I chocked out the word reaching for him, willing my legs to carry me forward.

I thought he was reaching for me, too. But his cold hands locked around my wrists and pinned them to my sides. He leaned down and pressed his lips very lightly to my forehead. For the briefest instant my eyes closed.

“take care of yourself,” he breathed, cool against my skin.

There was a light unnatural breeze. My eyes flashed open. The leaves on a small vine maple shuddered with the gentle wind of his passage.

He was gone.

I woke up to someone screaming, it took me a moment to realize that it was me who was screaming. Tracey ran into my room, his eyes wide with worry. “Bella? Whats wrong? What happened?” he asked, coming up to my bed and sitting on its edge, he opened his arms, inviting me into his warmth. I shook my just shook my head and rested my head on his chest. My screams had turned into sobs, which slowly evaporated into into hiccups.

“Was it that dream again?”

I nodded my head and buried it deeper into his chest, his scent helped calm me.

“Bella... its been 150 years, you have to move on.... you have to accept the fact that h-”

I pushed Tracey off the bed, I was hysterical crying again. I fixed him with a fierce glare.

“WHAT! What do I have to accept Tracey? C'mon tell me I'd just love to hear your input.”

'You have to accept the fact that Edward's not coming back.”

“Get... out.” I said through gritted teeth.

“Bella! You hav-”

“I SAID GET OUT!!!!” I regretted what I had said as soon as the words left my mouth. I know that my powers are out of control when I'm angry... My powers pushed him out of my room and into the wall opposite my room.

“oh my god Tracey I'm so sorry.” Tears had started spilling down my face again. Tracey had blood running down his face from a cut just below his hairline, but otherwise he look unharmed.

“What the hell is wrong with you... Bella...BELLA!”

My eyes rolled to the back of my head and darkness filled my mind I was safe.

“Carlisle I really don't think that, you guys living here would be a great idea.” Drake said into the phone. “What about Bella? I really don't think that she is ready to face Edward....” I put down the phone not wanting to hear anymore, and walked into the kitchen. Drake looked up and then whispered, “I'll think about it and get back to you Carl, one of the kids just walked in.” he paused for a moment to listen. “Okay I'll talk to you soon, bye.” He hung up the phone and turned to me. “So Bella...”

“Drake don't I really don't feel like talking right now.” I groaned

“Okay well I'm here whenever you want to.”

I rolled my eyes 'Might as well tell him now, otherwise he'll never shut up.'

“Drake, I think you should invite the Cullen's over.” At his faked surprised expression, I said. “Don't play dumb, you know that I know that you know that I was eavesdropping, and i also know that they have been planning to visit for awhile now.” I held up my hand to keep him from interrupting, I've been in contact with Alice and Emmett, and I believe it would be good for all of us, you get to see your younger brother Carlisle again, Tracey gets to see his brother Emmett, and I get to see Alice, Emmett, Esme, Jasper, Rosalie, and Carlisle again.” He raised his eyebrows. I guess he was expecting me to say Edward's name. “So that's enough of that, invite them Drake, it's fine I cant hide forever.''

 

I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs tripping every now and then, it seems I brought my clumsiness with me into the “after life.” I walked up to Tracey's room and knocked on the door. “Trace?” I knocked again, “Tracey c'mon get up, we have to get to school.”

I took a step back as Tracey opened the door.

“Bella come in for a second please.” His words were soft but his eye's left no room for argument. I walked into his room and sat on the edge of his bed.

“What's wrong Tracey?” His behavior was worrying me, he has never acted like this before.

“Listen, I'm sorry about last night...” I had no idea what to say... What COULD I say? I hurt him after he was just trying to help.

“Bella....” he paused for a moment, taking a deep breath and started again, “Bella do you really think it's wise to invite the Cullen's to live here? I believe you should rethink what you told Drake, after last night.. I don't think your ready. What will happen if you see him and fall into another deep depression? Jacob's not here Bella and while I'd like to think so no one in our family would be able to snap you out of it, not even me.”

I thought about what he said, while looking around his room, I spotted a photo album on the floor near my feet, I picked it up and opened it. I realized what it was the moment I saw the first page.

“Weren't you going to give this to Emmett?” I asked as I flipped through it's pages landing on a picture

with Emmett and Tracey, both their faces lit with delight, at the new Christmas gifts they had just received, a golden retriever was lying down next to the space heater, sleeping.

I looked up at him, “This is what you were going to give Emmett for Christmas right? How come you never sent it?” I started flipping through the pages again stopping at the last page, they were both around 19 or 20 years old, there was two older people in their 40's behind them, all of them were smiling happily, looking so carefully and peaceful, little did they know that in as little as a few days, they would lose both of their son's forever.

“That was the last picture taken before me and Emmett were turned, it has been about 260 years since then, it seems that as time passes my human memories fade, it's sad really I don't want to forget them.”

“Somethings are better to forget,” I said sadly.

“Really? Think about it Bella, think about all the memories you've shared with your friends, you family, the Cullen's and Edward. Would you really not rather have those memories? Think about it.”

Would I? If, it really came down to it. Would I really give up my memories?'