Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Love ❯ A Talk With Edward ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7 A Talk With Edward….

He leaned forward slightly with a grin on his face “So where were we before we were briefly interrupted…”

Bella looked at Edward with a shocked look on her face a pink blush that seemed to cultivate her face.

“What do you mean interrupted?” Bella asked.

“Oh by that I mean us being alone” he answered looking deeply in to her eyes.

His words made Bella’s hairs stand on end as she slightly shuddered in her seat. Edward leaned forward smelling her, taking just a small whiff allowing the thirst to burn his throat, but he didn’t act upon it.

“So your plan all along was to get me alone prince Edward?” Bella grinned hoping to tease him with her presence.

It seemed to work because the smell of her throat started to become too unbearable for him, making him lean away from her.

“Yes and no, No to the fact that I had planned it, but to the fact that I acted upon instinct to get to know you better” he explained flashing a crooked smile her way.

Bella’s heart skipped a beat “Really what do you want to know my dear prince” she teased.

Edward’s eyes sparkled at the sound of her words “Where did you come from?” he asked instantly.

“I was born and breed right here in the kingdom before your family took over” she answered.

“Your mother and father?” he added.

“I live with my father, my mother died a while ago” she replied a little too quickly.

Edward caught hint of it quickly “What happened to your mother?” he asked staring more deeply in to her eyes.

Bella felt awkward shifting in her seat giving him time to control his thirst while she took her time answering him.

“She died of a mysterious illness a few years back” she whispered softly saying it loud enough for him to hear her.

A flash of sympathy spread across his face looking at her with concerned eyes “I’m terrible sorry for your loss” he said.

She looked at him in disbelief “Oh don’t fret Edward I’m perfect there is no need to worry about me” she breathed.

He looked at her confused “But you have suffered a terrible loss am I correct” he responded to her disbelief.

Bella looked at him slightly narrowing her eyes “Yes I have suffered a loss, but I have learned to look past it and go on with life and live it to the fullest” she said between her teeth.

Her words stunned him making him freeze with a stunned look on his face as if her were set in stone. The irritation of the fact that he couldn’t read an ounce of her mind started to eat away at his patience. He looked at her once again trying to find any sense of deciphering the complex mind that she held in her grasp. The more she resisted him, the more interested he had become almost turning in to a infatuation just hours after meeting her. He didn’t know these foreign feelings that seemed to prosper after he saved her from the servants.

Bella on the other felt a slight attraction to the prince the more she sat staring at him looking deeply in to his dark topaz eyes searching for an answer, finding nothing.

Suddenly he spoke “Were you the one who was standing outside the door?” he asked.

“Wait, wait, wait! How did you know that I was standing outside the door?” she asked fully shocked now.

“Just because you were standing outside of the door trying to be as quiet as possible doesn’t mean that I couldn’t hear your breathing” Edward explained.

Bella looked at Edward with complete shock her mouth falling open with surprise the more she watched him. Edward on the other hand held a victorious smile seeing that he had found her out.

“Wow, I never knew how observant you were” Bella replied.

“Why yes I am thank you for noticing” he said sitting back in triumph.

Bella glared at him “So I wanted to know if something was true?” she asked still glaring.

“And what would that be Bella” he replied giving her a hard look.

Bella shuddered at the sound of him saying her name “Do you really think that I would become your fiancé just so I can my hands on your money” she simply asked.

Her braveness shocked him along with the feeling of regret that she had heard what Rosalie had said about her.

“Well the other girls that were chosen only came here to get their greedy little hands on my fortune” he explained.

“But still that doesn’t answer my question, yes or no is what I’m looking for” she answered right way.

“Well right now I can’t tell because I don’t know what type of girl you are, but it might be a definite maybe” he said smiling his crooked smile at her.

Bella fought the urge to slap him, but she restrained herself balling her hands in to fists. Edward looked down to see Bella’s hand shaking seeing her anger seething from her body.

“Well at least you got one thing right” she hissed.

“And what is that Bella?” he asked seeming to give her his full attention.

“You really don’t know what type of girl I am, and you never will” she hissed.

“Is that so Bella Can I guess what type of person you are?” He asked still keeping his perfectly molded face calm.

Bella looked at him for a moment thinking about his question debating on whether or not to answer it.

“Ok I guess you can try” she replied her anger diminishing a little after looking in to his eyes.

He smiled again causing her breath to leave her body “Well lets see by first glance you are a pretty girl who is insecure about herself not realizing how beautiful she really is” he explained.

“Wow prince Edward was that a compliment?” she teased smiling at him.

He ignored her “Will you let me finish?” he asked watching her nod “But also deep inside your very unselfish, I got a little taste of it earlier when you let Alice have her way which I still say was a big mistake” he continued.

She started to laugh “I think that you should let me be the judge of that” she laughed.

Edward looked at her as she laughed smiling instantly happy that he had actually gotten this stubborn girl to laugh. He felt a weird sensation in his stomach that shocked him; this had been the first time that he had felt happiness in many years. Bella’s laugh echoed throughout the room, it had been the first time that she had laughed with such intensity in a long time. She held her sides tears forming in her eyes from the laughter from deep inside her. Her laughter had started to tone down a bit as she wiped the tears from her eyes looking at Edward now.

Edward smiled his crooked smile taking Bella’s breathe away once again “Wow I’ve never seen some laugh with so much tenacity before” he commented.

Bella blushed her laugh diminishing instantly “You sound like you’ve never heard someone laugh before” the teasing in her voice coming back.

“Touché, but your laugh is very beautiful, has anyone ever told you that?” he asked softly.

Bella’s voice caught in her throat as she stared in to his topaz eyes losing herself, her eyes never leaving each others. Edward searched the chocolate brown eyes that he was starting to become fond of, trying to see if he could decipher her thought. Again he came up blank only seeing the brownness of her eyes that held his gaze.

“Thank you” Bella managed to choke out.

He grinned “Are you still I don’t know what type of girl you are?” he asked.

A look of annoyance flashed across her face “I thought you already asked that question” she answered.

Edward smiled innocently showing his perfectly white teeth “I’m asking it again” he said.

Bella’s smile was gone and it was replaced with a glare “Fine, what type of girl am I Edward” she growled the irritation radiating off her.

“You are very unselfish, but you are also the most stubborn girl that I’ve ever met, plus there is still the possibility that you are here for my money” he explained.

The last comment anger her once again, but she decided to remain calm even though she wanted to rip his head off.

“Well you are right about the first two things about me, but I do have something to say about your comment on me only being here for your money” she said suddenly getting closer to him only getting a few inches away from his face.

Edward stared at her overwhelmed by her presence taking in the scents from her hair and her throat. He inhaled deeply becoming intoxicated, the venom forming on his teeth begging him to bite her despite his restraint.

“And what is that?” he asked blinking a few time using all of his strength to stay still.

Bella got even closer to him bringing her lips to his ear, her body getting dangerously close to his. He felt her breath on his skin it only seemed to overwhelm his senses pushing him past his limits. He started to curse in his mind at the fact that she did not know what she was doing to him. The only downside was that he couldn’t move or this would end badly.

Bella started to speak “You may say that I’m here for your money, but I just wanted to let you know…. I’m not that type of girl” she whispered lingering next to him for a few seconds more before pulling away.

She stood up grinning down at him while he glared up at her for what she had done to him. His glare didn’t affect that much as she started to walk away from him leaving him by himself in the room. After she had left his thoughts were going crazy in his mind only one thought standing out from the others.

He remembered the words that she had whispering in to his ear..

I’m not that type of girl”

A.N. Hi I’m back after such a long time of having writer’s block… this chapter is finally done I can’t believe that I’m done with it. I believed that it would be impossible but my reviewers pulled me out of my slump. And I say thank you J J