Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Intoxication ❯ Of Shocks and Shopping ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
When Jasper lost control he made the wound go from a little tiny scratch a big wound. When he hurt you the second time after you had fainted he was too fast for us to stop and he bit you. He got a lot of his venom in you. It turns out that you are now one of us." he had a look on his face that screamed that he felt it was entirely his fault.
'Edward, it wasn't your fault. It wasn't Jasper's either. It was mine. I should've known that he was having trouble and yelled for Alice or Esme, but I didn't.'
"Bella, you had a good reason." It was Alice. I wanted to believe her but I couldn't, I knew that it was my fault. Just then something registered in my mind.
'What do you mean one of you?'
"Well, you are a vampire."
'Oh. That explains everything.'
"What do you mean?"
'I can smell the lemon cleaner they use here.'
He looked surprised at that.

Chapter Ten: Of Shocks and Shopping

At the hospital...EWARDS POV

I was so shocked that she could smell stuff so strongly already. But she didn't know that whole truth about what she is. I could tell that she was offended by my silence.
"What? Am I not supposed to smell or something?" My angel was so mad that I was shocked. I decided to tell her a little something about everyone else's change.
"No, not yet. when everyone else was first turned they couldn't smell anything more than when they were human. The day after the change was complete they had still felt human, except for the burning in their throat that let them know they needed to feed. This included myself." I was so embarrassed that she had to know this little insignificant fact about me.
"Oh." Oh how I wished that I could hear her thoughts. "Edward, am I a different type of vampire or something? Or did it go horribly wrong and I only got increase of smell and nothing else?
"Well, you see Bella-" Was all I could get out before Alice interrupted me.
"Bella! I'm so happy you're a-" That was all I could let her get out before Alice told her what she was
"Alice let me tell her." I could tell that Alice was mad at me for cutting her off. "Bella, you aren't the same type of vampire as the rest of us. In a few days you will get wings and you will not have to drink blood as much. You may also have the power of your true love. I am not comfortable with telling you the rest of your talents that you will get so you can ask Alice about those." I saw her turn to Alice who was asking me if I was sure and I nodded my head in a yes motion.
"Bella, you will be able to have children even if Edward can't you will have a certain power that makes you both able to have children. You will be a great mother so you don't have to worry about that. Also once you choose who you will be with for life you will forget about any other male who you had those kinds of feelings for. You are a Winged Vampire. Few have existed, and we know little about them. Carlisle has a book about your type of vampire in his study. And we know that you will get wings because I had a vision of that happening and you were so beautiful. You made Rosalie jealous. If she hadn't been trying to kill you it would've been funny. Don't worry about her, we had Emmett take her to her favorite place and hunt. After Carlisle comes in and checks on you Esme and I wanted to take you to go shopping for new clothes. We won't get anything too horrible. And we know that you and Edward would like what we would end up getting for you at the mall. We want to go to Vancouver not B.C Washington not D.C. They are out of the way really. And no one you know would be there. Oh and you have the power of shapeshifting so that if anyone does recognize you they won't if you shape shift."
"Okay Alice I'll go shopping with you." She hugged Bella so hard that I thought she would squeeze Bella to her second death.
"Bella, I'm so sorry that I couldn't save your life."
"beruhigen Sie meine Liebe." Wow. I couldn't believe that meine Liebe basically told me to be calm. How could she tell me to be calm?
"Nein."
"Ja." Why was she arguing with me about this. And in GERMAN.
"Bella? Do you know what you are saying?" Oh yeah. I forgot that Alice never learned german. She took French instead.
"Ja. Oh sorry. You don't know german?" I could tell she thought Alice knew german. "Oh. I was telling him 'calm my love' and then he said no and I told him yes." Carlisle came in just as Bella said sorry to Alice. Edward I need to check Bella and see if she's okay. I let Carlisle check over Bella. Hoping that she would be okay.
"Calm down. Bella, you are fine. As soon as you want you can leave to go with Alice and Esme. Now, Edward, you will becoming with Jasper and I."
For some strange reason I could read Bella's thoughts, I couldn't believe that fate had picked me to be this angel's true love. Why do I have a voice? I could tell that she was trying to figure it out herself and still couldn't understand. Bella, you have gotten your voice back because of your shapeshifting powers.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
BELLAPOV

As soon as Edward left Esme walked in with my favorite light blue t-shirt that said 'Love Bites' with a mouth that had fangs with blood shaped in hearts dripping from it and my favorite plain blue jeans. I thanked her for bringing them to me and put them on. As soon as I did I wanted to leave. We had no problem leaving because Charlie thought I was dead so my only family now is the Cullens, which I had no problem with. We got into Esme's 2007 cobalt metallic Ford Mustang. When we got in the radio station was playing Godsmack's "Vampires" song. I thought it was funny but not really good. I thought it could've been better. Apparently Esme wasn't liking the song either. She changed the station and they played My Chemical Romance's "Vampires Will Never Hurt You".
"Oh can we please leave it here?" She nodded. I thought about how the lines, they reminded me of how Edward always thought that he was a monster. I started crying and again Esme changed the station. Immediately I felt guilty.
"S-ssorry Esme. It's just that the song...It reminds me of Edward and how he is always thinking that he's a monster and has no soul." What I hadn't realized was that Alice was talking to Edward on the phone until Esme pulled the mustang over and had been hugging me for a few minutes.
"Here Bella." Alice handed me her phone.
"H-hello."
"Bella, Alice told me that something was wrong? What's the matter?"
"The song Edward. Please don't ever think you are a monster. I love you and loving a monster is impossible."
"Okay Bella. I won't think that I'm a monster anymore okay?"
"Okay. I'm going to hang up now because I want to talk to Jadyn and Alice. Plus Esme just told me we are almost to where ever we are going."
"Bye Bella. I love you."
I hung up the phone then and handed it back to Alice when she had a vision. When I looked to see what she was seeing I saw that when we got to Vancouver some guy tried to take Jadyn. Alice saw that I had seen her vision.
"Hey Esme, can we get a drawing pad and a pencil really quick?" I saw her nod and she pulled back into traffic. She drove to a little artsy store. Since I didn't feel comfortable going into the store by myself I grabbed Esme and we ran in. I hurried to hide my wings. I grabbed a pad and a box of pencils and Esme grabbed a pencil sharpener just in case. We had to wait for five people to go and then pay. We hurried out after Esme pretended to be my mother and said that I wanted to be an artist and left my drawing pad and pencils and the pencil sharpener at home back in our hometown of Union. I wondered why she said Union and not Forks but it was probably because we hadn't been in Forks we had been in Olympia and we were now in some animal town. I hurried to draw the guy in the vision perfectly, which I did. Right down to the wrinkles.
"Jadyn, do you know this creep?" I was curious.
"Yes. He's my brother, John. He wanted me and Jacob to be together. He had joined the Pack several days after Jacob. No one really knew him because he didn't want to be involved in the big stuff and Sam didn't need him. He's also one of the ones who threatened me if I ever left Jacob." Okay now the guy was toast. He wouldn't ever be able to hurt one of my friends. I asked Esme if I could drive and I could tell she was hesitant but she said yes. I drove as fast as I could without Esme telling me to slow down. After what seemed like only a few minutes we were at the mall in Vancouver. I immediately went to find a bookstore or some arts store. I found the bookstore first I looked around for any good books and I got a bunch of art books and I got a map of Vancouver that had names of shops in it under categories. I got a couple books on cars and I found a vampire novel that I had been wanting to read for a while. I couldn't wait to start reading it. After I had waited for the others and paid for my stuff I set out to find an arts store with Jadyn while Alice went and got clothes. Esme however wanted to get stuff for the family so she set off to do that. After awhile we found none so I asked Jadyn where she would like to go.
"I would like to go to look at cameras."
"Okay." So we went to look at the cameras. I noticed that Jadyn wanted to buy two different ones and she put one down. I saw that I had enough money to buy her the other one and a few things so I paid for it and told her to wait for me. I quickly called Alice.
"Hey, it's Bella. Can you do a favor for me? Could you get Jadyn something from a bookstore. I know she loves to read."
"Yeah. No problem. Besides I was looking to get her something but I wasn't sure what to get her."
"Cool, thanks Alice. Look I got to go. She's probably waiting for me." After Alice said goodbye I hung the phone up and I went to Jadyn. Just as I got there her stomach growled, letting us know it was time to feed her. For once I was glad that it wasn't me. I gave her my money since she had spent all she had left from the bookstore. I told her not to worry about it but I could see that she would anyways. We kept getting wierd looks from people and I could tell she was getting nervous. As soon as she was done eating she started walking very fast away from the table. I followed her and we met up with Esme and Alice who were on their way to get us because Edward and Jasper were about to get us. We were told that Jadyn would be with Esme although we weren't told where they would be. Bella, I am going to have you drive my car up to the new house in Alaska. Alice will be riding in the car with you. Jasper will be with Edward. Good luck. When you get to Canada tell Edward you all need to hunt.
"Okay, let's go." When we got to Esme's car Edward and Carlisle pulled up next to us. Esme and Jadyn got into his car after Esme had handed me her keys and had put some purchases in the trunk. Alice and I got into Esme's car, it really felt wierd to not have Esme in her car.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------
AUTHOR NOTE: THE SEQUEL WILL BE JADYN'S STORY BUT IT WONT BE UP FOR A FEW WEEKS