Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ The Fragrance of the Perfect Lie ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was finally the long-awaited wedding day that Edward and Bella had been equally eager to go through for the second time. Of course, Bella was bombarded with numerous questions - both Renee and Charlie had when they arrived at the chapel.

“What happened during the first wedding?”“Are you okay, sweetie?”“Where were you for the past few months?”“Phil and I had sent you-”

Absolutely and utterly swamped by their never ending interrogation, she excused herself to the dressing room.

Noticing the disgruntled expression on Bella’s face, Alice approached her with the same wedding dress from before in her arms.

“This wedding will have a complete start and end, with or without you.” Alice joked, handing her the delicate dress and its matching shoes.

“It better,” Bella grumbled as she changed out of her clothes and not-so-carefully into her dress. “My parents are begging to know where I’ve been for the past few months.”

“Aw, don’t be so grumpy today, Bella,” Alice pouted with her arms crossed. “You don’t usually get to throw two bachelorette parties in the span of five months!”“Oh God, one bachelorette party was enough…” Bella gave an involuntary shudder at her memories of last night’s party. She had called up Edward halfway through the party, and had him pick her up and drive her home.

“Party pooper…”After a few minutes of Alice fussing over Bella’s dress, Rosalie announced that it was time for the wedding to start. Charlie appeared even more ecstatic than he had been last time, and offered her his arm.

“Second time’s the charm, Bells.” He whispered with a lighthearted wink.

Bella had to cover her mouth with her silk gloved hand to keep herself from laughing. Friends and relatives whispered approvingly among themselves as Bella and Charlie slowly made their way down the aisle. Bella looked absolutely radiant in her elegant, yet charming dress. Her cheeks had a healthy, pink tinge to them and a bright sparkle in her eyes.

Some said she was on a diet, while others recognized the simple fact that she was in love, the kind people dedicated their entire lives searching for.

Bella gave a small gulp as she stared intently at the floor like it was the most fascinating thing she had ever seen in her life. All she could do at that point was to hope “she” didn’t faint “again” for not too dissimilar reasons.

When she reached the altar, she gave Charlie a grateful hug before setting her eyes upon her husband to-be. To her surprise, it was Edward whom had the awed look on his face. She had to bite back embarrassed giggles as Edward mouthed, “You’re the most beautiful girl in the multiverses.”
As she tried to appear attentive to the priest’s rambling, she envisioned what the rest of her life would look like. She and Edward would have private picnics in their meadow yearly, or maybe have an occasional dinner at La Bella Italia. Heck, it didn’t matter much to her what they did as long as they spent the rest of their lives together.

“I, Edward Cullen, take you Isabella Swan, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”

“I, Isabella Swan, take you Edward Cullen, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”

“I now pronounce you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”Bella’s heart exploded with joy as Edward placed a hand on the small of her back, expertly creating an arch and pressing his lips softly against hers.

An explosion of wolf whistles and cheers came from the pews.

Bella’s face turned a deep shade of red as he continued to deepen the kiss. All of their unspoken secrets, dreams, and desires merged into one kiss they were dying to share for months. As the kiss once again became gentle and sweet, it expressed a mutual promise to keep each other safe from the world, and especially from themselves.

Backing away, Edward led her down the aisle with a wide grin. Confused, Bella followed the direction his gaze was at. Her mouth opened and a delighted squeal escaped when she noticed her mother at the piano in the corner, playing a segment of Clair de Lune by Debussy.

“Oh, Edward!” She jumped into his arms, and allowed herself to shed a few tears. The noise of the chatty crowd dissipated, and all that was left was her, Edward, and the nostalgic tune of Clair de Lune. They continued to ignore the rest of the world as he lightly spun her in a graceful circle.

“I don’t know where I’d be if I hadn’t met you,” Bella said in a whisper. “Care to remind me how I came to stumble upon such crazy luck again?”

“Luck, chance, fate…” Edward sighed. “For the longest time, I believed these words to be completely meaningless to me. That is, until you came along.”

“This is much too sappy for my tastes,” She joked. “Let’s cut the clichés and get out of here. There is a certain meadow in the middle of nowhere with our names on it.”

END