Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Toki ni Ai wa ❯ Being Torn Apart ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Toki ni Ai wa

Disclaimer: Was Saionji or Keiko ever killed off in their respective series? Obviously, if I owned either or both series, they would be the first one to go. ^-^

Tsumi: Ahhhhh . . . another song inspired fic. This one would be a crossover between Revolutionary Girl Utena and Yu Yu Hakusho. Yes, Revolutionary Girl Utena and Yu Yu Hakusho. This takes place after the Makai Tournament in YYH, and after Utena brings revolution to Ohtori Academy and is forgotten in RGU, however, there are really no big spoilers.

Also, this fic switches between following Yusuke and Utena. Keep that in mind.

Onto the Fic!

Chapter One: Being Torn Apart

"I just can't believe you Yusuke!"

"Keiko, it wasn't like that!"

"I don't want to hear it!"

"Keiko, please--"

*smack*

Keiko watched impassively as Yusuke placed a hand on the now red cheek. Never, throughout their relationship had Keiko ever been truly upset enough to hit him. Keiko straightened and fixed an angry glare on her face. "We're through, Yusuke." With that said, she spun on heel and walked off.

"Wait, Keiko!" Yusuke yelled after her as she disappeared from sight.

*~*

Urameshi Yusuke's eyes snapped open and he sat up in bed, breathing heavily. He took note that his room was still blanketed in darkness and looked at his alarm clock. 3:19 AM, it read.

"Damnit." He muttered, running a hand over his eyes, laying back down. "Even in my dreams, I'm in bad shape."

[One week.] He thought [It's been one damn week since that damn day that Keiko dumped me. And still, I keep finding myself still thinking about her, even in my unconscious thoughts!]

It's becoming really easy to see that he was depressed about the entire situation. [Well, hell, who wouldn't be after a breakup like that? Everyone's noticed.] He had been attending all of his classes without complaint, and hadn't been in a fight since the breakup. [Well, I have to take that back. I still get pissed off easily and I often end up yelling at someone without a reason, and that usually resulted in a shouting contest.] Both Kuwabara and Kurama had been at the end of his now easily-provoked tongue. Everyone at Sarayashiki didn't know what was scarier: Urameshi Yusuke in his usual 'Let's kick some ass' mood, or this new, depressed lash-out-without-reason Urameshi Yusuke.

He sighed and flipped over onto his right side. "Damnit." He said again. He closed his eyes and tried to get back to sleep, but found he couldn't. Another thing that was becoming a norm for him. It didn't seem that long before sunlight was spilling into his room and Atsuko yelling at him to get up and get ready for school. He sighed loudly and dragged himself out of bed to begin another torturous day at Sarayashiki.

*~*

Per habit now, Kuwabara and Yusuke wandered the halls, sometimes destroying school property while they were at it. Which was exactly what they were doing now. Despite his stupidity, Kuwabara knows how to get Yusuke in a good mood. They passed the Principle's office and noticed the door closed. "Some kid's in trouble again." Kuwabara remarked, grinning. Yusuke gave a half-hearted grin, and they pressed their ears to the door, hoping to catch some of the exchange going on.

"It's impractical!" The two boys heard the teacher yell in the room.

"How is it?" Another voice, unfamiliar to either, said. "Look at all the activities I pursue. It's perfect!"

"It's a boy's suit!"

"Well, it's good enough for all the boys here, and it suits my personality! With all the sports I do, a skirt will just get torn. And 'I see London, I see France . . .' gets pretty annoying after the first million times."

"It's not in the appropriate color!"

"I've looked through the student manual. No where does it state what color the school uniform should be, only where it should come from."

"Wow." Kuwabara muttered. "This girl, whoever she is, is really putting up a fight over this uniform thing." Yusuke nodded in agreement. [Hell, I've never put up this much of a fight about my uniform before!]

The two of them heard an exaggerated sigh, before the teacher said, "Alright, I see your point." Then there was sound of moving papers. "So, which school did you transfer from again?"

It was then that the first bell rang, and the two jumped slightly at the sound. Soon, the halls began to flood with students heading to their home rooms. The two of them also hurried off to their first class, and sat down before the tardy bell rang.

After a few minutes, Yusuke's eyebrow raised. "Not like Takanaka to be late." he said to no one in particular. As if answering his unspoken question, the round teacher walked through the door, followed by . . . a girl.

She was willowy and athletic looking, with pink hair that fell to the middle of her back. Her eyes were a mix between two different shades of light blue, and held both a look of innocence and innocence lost. Truth be told, she was gorgeous, and it seemed all the boys, and even some of the girls noticed. If her looks didn't grab attention, then certainly, the uniform did.

It was black, a sharp contrast with her pale skin, and made her oddly colored hair stand out even more. Red highlighted the neck outline, and colored the shorts she wore. Finally, black mid-leg socks and white and red shoes completed the uniform.

Like the rest of the boys in the class, Yusuke's stare was also on her. She turned to face the class as Mr. Takanaka went behind his desk, and caught his eyes. She held his gaze for a moment before she smiled and he blinked, slightly shocked. Takanaka took that opportunity to introduce the new student.

"Class, we have a student who has transferred from Ohtori Academy with us today. This is Tenjou Utena. Please give her the respect she deserves. Tenjou-san, please take the empty seat by Yusuke." On cue, Yusuke stood up and Utena walked over to the empty seat beside him. As she past Kuwabara, his eyes widened and he shuttered visibly. Yusuke wondered about that as Utena took the seat beside him.

*~*

Tenjou Utena sighed as she was led down the halls of her new school by a teacher, to what she suspected, was the Principle's office. [Why is it that every time I transfer schools, the first thing they drag me to the Principle for is my uniform?]

Utena smiled, somewhat bitterly, at the memory of Ohtori Academy, more so, the Rose Duels. [Was all of that,] she wondered, [everything that happened, worth the power to revolutionize the world?] She shook her head to clear the thoughts that had been haunting her since that day, and entered the principle's office.

At first, the teacher was polite, that was until she refused to wear a girl's uniform. "It's impractical!" He shouted.

"How is it?" Utena answered calmly. "Look at all the activities I pursue. It's perfect!"

"It's a boy's suit!" The teacher slammed his hands on the desk

"Well, it's good enough for all the boys here, and it suits my personality!" Utena said, slamming her hands on the desk, just as he had done. "With all the sports I do, a skirt will just get torn. And 'I see London, I see France . . .' gets pretty annoying after the first million times."

"It's not in the appropriate color!"

"I've looked through the student manual. No where does it state what color the school uniform should be, only where it should come from."

Utena then thought she heard muttering from outside the door, but ignored it. The teacher heaved an exaggerated sigh and said, "Alright, I see your point." He looked through her transfer papers and then looked up at her. "So, which school did you transfer from again?"

Utena resisted the urge to sigh loudly and stamp her feet at the sheer ignorance from this teacher, just as the bell rang. "I transferred from Ohtori Academy." She said simply.

The teacher nodded and pressed a button on the intercom system. "Takanaka, you have a new student." He said shortly and didn't wait for a reply. Utena had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep from complimenting on how rude that was. He sat down and seemingly glared at Utena, who just stared back, until the door opened. Utena looked up at the round teacher and, seeing kindness in his eyes, smiled.

The two teachers talked for a moment before Takanaka introduced himself to Utena. Utena responded by giving her name and bowing. Not a moment later, the two were off to her new class, which was the last one at the end of the hall to the right. As he opened the door, the chatter in the room immediately silenced and he walked through the door, Utena not five steps behind.

Utena resisted the urge to smirk as she felt the gazes of the male and some female occupants of the room on her. [Some things definitely don't change]. She turned to face the class, feeling oddly as if she was a doll on display in a store window. As her eyes scanned over the class, she caught sight of chocolate brown eyes. She held his gaze for a moment, before noticing that he wasn't wearing the standard blue uniform of the school. His was more of a spring green color. [He doesn't like following rules . . .] Utena noted. She gave the boy a smile and noted with some satisfaction that he looked surprised that she had smiled at him.

"Class," Takanaka said, "we have a student who has transferred from Ohtori Academy with us today. This is Tenjou Utena. Please give her the respect she deserves. Tenjou-san, please take the empty seat by Yusuke." The boy with the green uniform stood up and Utena walked to take the seat next to him. As she passed a tall, homely looking boy with dull red hair, she saw his eyes widen and a visible shudder run through his body. She wondered about that, but ignored it for the time being and sat down.

*~*

Surprisingly, time went rather fast, especially since Yusuke was stuck at school. Lunch hour, however, remained on his mind, as Kuwabara talked to him through the entire period.

"It's about the new girl, Tenjou Utena." He said.

"What about her?"

"I'm not sure. I felt some kind of huge power in her, and her aura was so bright, but it seemed hidden." Kuwabara replied.

Yusuke frowned lightly. "Think we should let Kurama and Hiei know?"

"Maybe . . ."

It was now afternoon, and Yusuke was walking home by himself. He bit his lip lightly at that thought. [Keiko was always there to walk home with me, even when I didn't want her too.] He visibly groaned. [Damnit, she's got me thinking like a wimp!] He sneered and cursed out loud a few times and continued on his silent way home, until . . .

"Leave me alone!"

Yusuke blinked and rounded the corner, and found some thugs from another school harassing Utena.

"C'mon, we just want to see what's under that nice uniform of yours." One of the four guys said.

Yusuke had enough. He ran forward and punched the guy square in the face, sending him flying with a broken nose. The other three looked up at him and visibly shrank back.

"She said for you guys to leave her alone. What part of that don't you understand?!" Yusuke yelled.

The three cowered back. "Forgive us, Urameshi-san, we won't do it again!" One said.

"Yeah, the hell you won't!" Yusuke took exactly three steps forward before the cowards ran, and two more before a hand on his arm stopped him.

"It's okay. It's not worth it." Utena said quietly.

Yusuke took a few breaths to calm himself and turned to her. "You okay?"

*~*

[I hate walking home by myself.] Utena thought to herself as she kicked a rock. The day had gone surprisingly well. She had beaten everyone in P.E. (She always was good at track), and already noticed that she was gaining an 'Utena Swooners' fanclub. She laughed quietly to herself.

A large shadow fell on her and she looked up to find four guys in front of her, wearing a different uniform than that of Sarayashiki. "Yes?" She asked.

"You must be new around here." The chubbiest one said. "Didn't you know there's a toll to pay if you pass through our territory?"

Utena felt a bad feeling grow in her stomach and she backed away slightly. It seemed that was a mistake as one of the boys grabbed her wrist. "Leave me alone!" she yelled.

"C'mon, we just want to see what's under that nice uniform of yours." The one holding her wrist said. It was then there was a blur of green and black, and the guy was literally sent flying backwards from a well placed punch to the middle of his face. Utena blinked several times as she saw Yusuke in front of her, straightening himself. Utena noticed that the remaining boys visibly shuttered and shrank back from Yusuke.

"She said for you guys to leave her alone. What part of that don't you understand?!" he yelled.

The three cowered back even more. "Forgive us, Urameshi-san, we won't do it again!" One said.

"Yeah, the hell you won't!" Yusuke took exactly three steps forward before the cowards ran, and two more before Utena placed a hand on his arm.

"It's okay. It's not worth it." She said quietly.

Yusuke took a few breaths to calm himself and turned to her. "You okay?"

Utena blinked again at the apparent concern in his tone of voice. "I'm fine." She smiled. "Thank you."

Yusuke smiled back. "No problem."

Utena thought of something just then. [First impressions are always important.] She smiled again. "We haven't been properly introduced." She held her hand out. "I'm Tenjou Utena."

Yusuke blinked a couple of times, somewhat confused before he took her hand in his own. "I'm Urameshi Yusuke."

*~*

God, I hope I didn't make Yusuke and Utena too OOC!