Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Toki ni Ai wa ❯ Duel in the Park ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Toki ni Ai wa

Disclaimer: *laughs hysterically* You actually think I owned YYH and RGU?! *rolls around on the carpet*

Tsumi: Now, just because I know a bunch of you will get P.O.ed at me if I put just Chapter 5 up and waited a bit to put this one up, here is chapter 6. Yes, there is a duel here between Hiei and Utena, and a duel song to go with it. It's name is 'Kakuu Kakokei Majinai' which is from ep. 15, during Kozue's duel (all that's in bold italics). Everyone thank Shiroi Hikari who helped me decide. And everyone, feel free to give ideas or requests for things they'd like to see in the story (like kawaii yasha and Dark Flair have done); they will help make the story longer!

Onto the fic!

Chapter Six: Duel in the Park

Yusuke was at a loss to know what to do. Utena had just been staring blankly at everything since Hiei's little challenge. He didn't think it was right to leave Utena alone like this (her aunt had something she had to do at work and ran out just as Utena walked in), but what the hell could he do?!

Sighing, and running a hand through his hair, he placed his hands on her shoulders. "Utena, you okay?"

Utena blinked and seemed to focus on him. He he was shocked at the obvious stress he could see in her eyes. "I'm fine." she said quietly.

Yusuke shook his head. "No your not." He said quietly.

Utena closed her eyes again and took a deep breath. "I don't want to do this again . . ." she whispered. Yusuke caught it however.

"What do you mean, Utena?"

Utena opened her eyes and shook her head. "I'm sorry Yusuke, but I can't tell you."

At the obvious pained tone, Yusuke backed down, now looking even more worried at her. He looked up at the clock and noticed that it was now about seven. He grinned inwardly as a thought to raise her spirits developed in his mind. "Hey Utena," Utena looked at him again, "It's about dinner time; you wanna go get something to eat?"

His question was rewarded with a small sincere smile. "That sounds great."

Yusuke grinned and held out his hand to help Utena up. She accepted without a second thought and the two of them walked out the door.

The restaurant the two ended up at wasn't anything too fancy, but it was nice enough. It had a nice, quiet atmosphere and tables obviously not meant for more than four people. The lights were turned down a bit low and there was soft music playing in the background. Utena was surprised Yusuke actually knew of a place like this.

The two were seated rather quickly by a waitress and were asked for orders for drinks (Yusuke ordered a soda while Utena asked for tea). She came back a few minutes later and Utena and Yusuke gave her their orders. "How did you know of this place, Yusuke?" Utena asked, taking a drink of tea.

"Well, Keiko and I came here once, and I really liked it. I don't know, it just seemed like you would like this place as well." Utena smiled again from behind her teacup and noticed Yusuke glaring off at a small group of girls from their school. "Ch. Honestly, they way they're giggling, you would think they thought we were on a date."

Utena choked on her tea at Yusuke's statement. She coughed and Yusuke laughed. "You alright?"

Utena glared at him for a moment before laughing quietly with him, all thought of the upcoming duel with Hiei out of her mind.

~*~

Somewhere else, the two kage shoujo were gossiping.

"Do you know, do you know, have you heard the news?" A-ko said, "There's to be a midnight duel in the park!"

"No, girl, do tell!" B-ko pipped, waving a hand.

"Though the duels ended, the hero is still being drawn back into her past!" A-ko said.

"Oh no!" B-ko gasped.

"However, she's battling on two fields now." A-ko said.

"Oh brave hero!" B-ko exclaimed, "Will she prove victor on both battle fields as well?"

"Do you know, do you know, do you really know?" A-ko finished up.

~*~

Midnight. Utena was waiting at the park, her new dueling sword in hand. Yusuke was also there, leaning against a tree with his arms crossed over his chest. The ground was lit by starlight and moonlight, as the moon was full that night. There was little chance that Utena could lose the fight because she couldn't see.

He felt Kurama and Hiei's ki and turned to face them. Hiei nodded to Yusuke and looked over to Utena before smirking a bit. Kurama looked at the two of them before placing a rose on each of their shirts before joining Yusuke by the tree.

Utena raised an eyebrow. "Let me guess. First one to lose their rose loses the duel, right?"

Hiei smirked. "You learn quickly." He pulled out his kanta as Utena went into dueling position. And by some quiet consent, the duel started.

As they began, Yusuke could swear that something or someone was singing.

Time machine

Both Utena and Hiei's swords clashed and both drew back.

Kako e mirai e ZUBIKYUN SHAZUZUN

Hiei lunged for Utena again.

Time machine Kawaii watashi no kodomo jidai

Utena successfully blocked his sword and as he drew back, she made a swing for his rose.

Renge no juutan Ningyou asobi

Hiei jumped and flipped over Utena.

Fushigi na majinai

He aimed for her rose.

FII FII Konpeitou

Utena guarded the rose with her hand and knocked Hiei's sword back with her own.

Kirei na bebe kita Shichigosan Oh my dream machine Hanafubuki

Hiei lunged for her again with a battle cry and Utena blocked his sword again.

Haruka mukashi no watashi e Ten two one zero! Take off!

Utena jumped back and lunged for him, her sword almost reaching his rose before he pushed her back with his unused hand.

Time machine Kako e mirai e ZUBIKYUN SHAZUZUN

Hiei lunged for her before she had time to recover and ended up pushing her onto her back, only her sword and his separating them.

Time machine Yume to kibou no ano toki ni

Hiei smirked. "You're not half bad. But you're not going to win."

Kami wo musunde Obentou motte

Utena frowned. "You wish!"

Fushigi na majinai FII FII Yuuenchi

She put a foot on his stomach and kicked him off.

Odoroki momo no ki Watashi no kokoro wa Oh my dream machine Yumefubuki

Before Hiei could retaliate, Dios's spirit seemingly came from Utena, blinding him for a second. From their place at the tree, Yusuke and Kurama also gaped. Utena, was seemingly unaware of what was happening as she charged for Hiei.

Haruka mukashi no watashi e Ten two one zero! Take off!

And easily severed the rose from his chest, ending the duel.

Dios's spirit disappeared and Utena regained control of herself. She noticed that her rose was still in tact and she looked over to the three boys and, noticing that all three were staring at her, said, "What?"

Yusuke blinked and shook his head. "Damn, you beat Hiei!" He exclaimed.

Kurama chuckled as Hiei looked murderous from his place on the ground. Utena held out her hand to him and said, "Nice try. Maybe next time." She said with a smile.

Hiei glared at her before standing up on his own power and, gathering his sword, walking off to talk to Kurama.

Yusuke joined Utena and said, "I don't know why you were so worried about dueling with him! You completely kicked his ass!"

Utena's smile faded and she said, "It's because I don't want to do this anymore, Yusuke." Before Yusuke could understand entirely what she meant, she walked off.

"Wait, Utena!"

"Leave her be, Yusuke." Yusuke blinked and looked over to Hiei.

"What's going on?" Yusuke asked.

Kurama looked away. "From the information Koenma's assistance gathered, they thought that the power Utena possessed might come out in battle, more specifically a duel."

"Why a duel?" Yusuke asked.

"Ohtori Academy prided itself on it's dueling club. And Yusuke, didn't you say earlier that Utena had amazing skill in dueling?" Kurama asked.

Yusuke tried to come up with a response, but failed miserably. Looking back in the direction Utena went, he thought, [Now that we've seen what power you have inside of you, what is it that we don't know about you, Utena?]

~*~

Read 'n' review minna!