Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ As the World Falls Down ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

[Couldn't resist. Went on a freaking frenzy with finding perfect songs for songfics and found one for Utena. Heh, heh… This one. It's "As the World Falls Down" by David Bowie. Some fantasy fanatics would know this song as part of the soundtrack for the movie "Labyrinth". ^_^ Kind of fits with Utena, doesn't it? Here's the thing though. Most people will note that Touga is OOC. Yes, he is. For the anime and this scene. But since I saw the Utena movie I can't imagine Touga any other way except the way he is in the movie. So think of it as the movie Touga in the anime. Okay, I know that sounds weird but at least that'll explain why is he's OOC.]

A Revolutionary Girl Utena Songfic:

As the World Falls Down

Touga smiled as he heard Utena grumble to herself. He took her hand despite her protests and led her to the dance floor. All the other couples were ready for the dance. They were only waiting on him. He half smiled as he looked at Utena. He could almost hear her thoughts through the expression on her face. She was regretting having come to his little dance. For once, he was truly grateful to the Rose Bride. It had been a stroke of genius on his part to invite them both, but he was sure that the Rose Bride's refusal to go anywhere without Utena had been what had brought her. Somehow things had worked perfectly in his favor. Touga heard Utena sigh as he drew her to a stop in the center of the dance floor.

What a longsuffering sigh. As if she had to tolerate this, but wasn't the least bit moved. Touga smiled to himself. This girl truly was a rarity. Well, he would give her something to sigh about.

He turned to face her and quickly wrapped his arm around her waist, settling his open palm on the small of her back. Once there he pushed her tightly against him, so her breasts were pressed against his chest and their faces were only a breath apart. He heard her gasp and saw her face turn a rosy hue. When her big crystal blue eyes moved to meet his, despite all of Touga's plans-He found himself drowning her eyes.

~There's such a sad love

Deep in your eyes, a kind of pale jewel~

The music had begun and Touga held her in his arms as he began the dance. Everyone and everything else seemed to fade away. He was barely aware of his own movements as he floated with her across the dance floor. Her eyes never left his and he could not take his gaze away from them.

~Open and closed within your eyes

I'll place the sky within your eyes~

Was he some sort of fool? Never had he been this way over a woman. They came to him, in flocks, all dying if only for one hour with him. Yet this girl… she seemed to elude his seductive spell, stay beyond his reach. Only Juri, too, was immune to his spell. But she did not captivate him the way this girl did. There was something about her. Her eyes, her hair, her form, the way she held herself, proud, confident… free. For some reason when he was around her his heart seemed to react more. Never had it beat with such excited frenzy as it was beating now.

It made him want to dream again.

~There's such a fooled heart

Beating so fast in search of new dreams~

How long had it been since he dreamt? He had come to Ohtori Academy long ago and it seemed as if… She and he had once been kindred spirits. As if he had arrived here just like she had. He still remained proud and confident. Though, he knew as Student Council President and his dealings with End of the World left him anything but free; yet he did still consider himself free… to an extent perhaps. What that what was difference? What had changed so much…?

Innocence.

Touga found the answer in her sky eyes. Yes. That was what he had lost long ago. She still had the innocence. That true desire to protect someone, to care, to trust. It was this purity of hers that shown through and illuminated her skin. Even when he had first seen her, he had noticed a glow around her. Perhaps Dios had chosen his champion in this free, innocent girl?

And if he had, where does that leave me?

Touga cast the thought aside. He could not think something like that. He pressed her against him again as he took them in a spin that danced by the window. For a fleeting moment he saw the light of the moon shine on her and he swore his heart skipped a beat. He could not help but smile. If only he could catch the silvery moonlight that glimmered in her heart and on her skin. If only he could taste the sweetness of innocence once more.

~A love that will last within your heart

I'll place the moon within your heart~

Pain twisted in his soul. Innocence. He would take that from her? He had already lost his innocence. He lightly smiled as he looked into the depths of her eyes. It was amazing what he had become. Every woman that came to him gave him no thrill, no enjoyment. But in this innocent, confident girl he was finding things about himself that was not sure he was able to endure.

What was he to make of this?

~As the pain sweeps through

Makes no sense for you

Every thrill has gone

Wasn't too much fun at all~

He saw her rosy cheeks and held her closer. For some reason, he wanted to protect this girl. He smiled ruefully. Protect her, eh? What was becoming of you Touga? You have never been like this over a woman before. Touga looked down at the soft expression, the light smile as she moved with the music, forgetting perhaps for a moment all her troubles and worries. She was a marvelous dancer. Whatever destiny was awaiting this girl as the new duelist… He wanted to be there for her.

For some inexplicable reason, he wanted to be there for her…

~But I'll be there for you-oo-oo

As the world falls down~

Even if she manages to revolutionize the world. Even if she fails. Even if the entire world collapses around him, if everything is destroyed, if everything fell… He wanted to be there for her.

And he could not understand why.

Touga looked at the lovely pink-haired girl in his arms. Everything for her. Why? What kind of spell was this beautiful witch performing? He twirled them around then dipped her. His eyes never left hers. Why does it feel like I'm…

~Falling~

Touga felt his arrogance slipping away as he was being consumed by the music and the dance. All he could do was waltz with the enchantress in his arms.

~(As the world) Falling down

Falling in love~

The identity of the strange feeling overwhelming him finally penetrated through the haze in his mind. Falling? Falling in love? Was it possible? Could I be succumbing to that emotion? Touga shook himself mentally. He looked down at Utena and tried envisioning his life if he truly did love her and was willing to let everything fall around him as long as he could have her for his own.

She gave him a light smile as he lead her through the other dancers. He did not notice anyone else around him. It was only the woman dancing with him. That was all that existed to him.

~I'll paint you mornings of gold

I'll spin you Valentine evenings~

What was he thinking? He had only just met her. Yet, he had never known such powerful emotions could exist. Touga no longer felt he was in his ballroom dancing. He felt he had left the room entirely and was floating somewhere in the night sky. He did not see the lights, the other dancers, anyone or anything. All he saw was the glowing woman. Touga shook himself mentally again and wondered what was wrong with him. If he did not know any better he would almost think he truly was in love. But how could he love a girl after knowing her for such a short time? He never loved. He did not have that kind of emotion toward anyone.

Yet… What were these feelings that the girl kept arousing in him?

~Though we're strangers till now

We're choosing the path between the stars

I'll leave my love between the stars~

Fear crept into his heart. An unreasonable fear that Touga tried to banish, but it still eased its way. When he had taken her hand, despite her wishes to the contrary and taken her onto the dance floor, he had expected a heated romantic dance that would have her panting after him, like he had every woman in Ohtori Academy. Yet, all he could see was a blushing, innocent girl who would not chase him. The one who was being troubled by the dance was himself.

~As the pain sweeps through

Makes no sense for you

Every thrill has gone

Wasn't too much fun at all~

Touga relaxed as he led her into another twirl and dip. Well, if it truly was happening to him… If he truly was becoming emotionally involved with this girl, more so than anyone else, what would it mean? He felt this desire to protect her, to be with her. But if she should be a trouble to End of the World? One day, he knew he must fight her. She was the new duelist after all. There would come a time when he would have to fight her. Would he be able to? Would he be able to defeat her? Or would these feelings that were twisting in his heart be his downfall?

~But I'll be there for you-oo-oo

As the world falls down~

For once, he did not desire to be the conqueror of hearts. All he wanted was…

~Falling~

All he wanted was to be everything she desired. He wanted her. More than he had ever desired any woman in his entire life. He could not understand the feelings, and he was somewhat hesitant to delve into them to try to discover what they meant.

~(As the world) Falling down

Falling~

Touga stopped thinking. He did not want to dissect his emotions any longer. All he wanted was to sweep Utena away in his arms and dance into infinity. Nothing had ever felt as right to him as the feeling of her in his embrace. Let the world fall. He would not even notice its collapse.

He had eyes for only the beauty in his arms.

~As the world falls down

Falling

Falling

Falling

Falling in love~

They danced across the floor, their feet barely touching the ground. No words passed between them; no words were needed. Their bodies moved in sync with the music, languidly moving with natural ease. It was if the song had been made for them. Their bodies rubbed against each other, he held her closer, and they twirled, their hair gliding around them along with her dress.

Other dancers could only stop and watch as the two drifted over the dance floor, oblivious to everyone around them but each other.

~As the world falls down

Falling (down)

Falling

Falling

Falling in love~

Touga was lost in the sea of her eyes. The crystal blue had consumed him. He was no longer anywhere. He was only where her heart beat, only where she existed. Any other place was nowhere to him. Was not important. All he understood and knew was Utena. This strange girl that had appeared from nowhere and had made him feel… Made him feel things he had never felt before. Feelings he never thought himself capable of feeling.

It both alarmed and empowered him.

~As the world falls down~

Touga could not understand himself. It made no sense. He was cold, calculating. He could have any woman he wanted. They fell all over him. There was no effort involved. These were just the facts. Yet for some reason this girl captivated him beyond anything he had ever experienced.

It made no sense. What was he feeling?

~Makes no sense at all

Makes no sense to fall

Falling~

Was he really falling in love with her?

Touga dipped Utena again and watched her close her eyes. Her breathing was coming in deeply, and he watched the rise and fall of her breasts with hooded eyes. He pulled her back up slowly and pressed her tightly against him again as they continued the magical waltz.

Her eyes opened and met his. Her face was flushed with the dance… and perhaps with something more as well.

Was she too noticing the world fall around them?

~As the world falls down

Falling

Falling

Falling in love~

He led her in another twirl and he watched her hair float around her. She seemed like an ethereal creature, not belonging to this reality. Perhaps within moments he would awaken and find another woman by his side, and this dream sorceress would vanish beyond his reach.

And even if she was not a dream… He still felt as if she would disappear in his arms at any moment. And if she did fade away the world would truly crash around him. She made him want to give up everything just for her.

He wanted to be her prince.

~As the world falls down

(Down) Falling

Falling

Falling in love

Falling in love (love)~

Become her prince? What was he thinking? Perhaps this dance was making him lose his mind and his identity. Or perhaps it was this enchantress that was bewitching him after all. Touga smiled. If anyone could charm him it would be this woman.

The music was slowly coming to a stop and their movements slowed. The spell was ending. He drew her close, to feel her once more pressed against him. He heard her quick intake of breath and smiled. It seemed as if perhaps the witch was caught in her own spell. Her hair stopped its gentle movement, and her skirt swished at her feet. They came to a stop and he stared into her clear blue eyes.

Was he really falling in love? A smile formed on his lips.

Maybe he really was after all…

~Falling in love

Falling in love

Falling in love~

The End