Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Sword in the Stone ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Utena: Sword in the stone.

Part three

When Miki first heard about it, he got a nosebleed, Juri simply took it as a good sign for her dating prospects, and Nanami figured Anthy was badly misquoted. Wakaba, upon hearing the story, began to give Utena some very odd looks.

"Would you stop that?" Utena asked tiredly, head in her hands as she leaned on her desk. Thankfully, Anthy was out of their room, tending the roses out in the garden. She seemed to have a fondness for the roses.

"You had to expect it, Utena-sama." Wakaba pointed out to her in reasonable tones. "You dress up in a boy's uniform and you're living with a pretty girl in dresses, people were going to talk. What Anthy said just exacerbated it."

Utena didn't answer that, she just sighed wearily.

"What did you do to Miss Anthy?!" Miki demanded, as he burst into the room. The normally incredibly neat and handsome blue haired boy was seriously rumpled, and looked really stressed out. Strangely, his face was quite red, and a bit of toilet paper was sticking out of his nose.

"Nothing!" Utena snapped back at him. "Nothing happened last night," she said firmly, looking Miki in the eye. Just then they were interrupted by the sound of a soft knocking on the open doorway.

Juri stepped in the room, dressed casually but very stylish, in her tailored silk suit. "Hello, Utena. How are you?" She asked, smiling. Miki rolled his eyes and groaned, causing Juri to shoot him a glare.

"All right, I think." Utena answered, confused. Maybe Juri hadn't heard the story about them, Utena thought with some relief.

"I just wanted to offer my congratulations. The word is out all over the school, and I hope that both of you will be very happy together." Juri said smoothly, extending a bunch of flowers. "Where is your girlfriend, anyway?"

Utena looked at Juri blankly for a moment, then as she realized what she was talking about, groaned loudly and put her head in her hands. "Nothing happened!" Utena repeated, desperation in her voice.

Nanami walked in, shaking her head, an odd expression on her face. "Utena, I just heard the strangest story..." Nanami began in slightly bemused tones.

"NOTHING HAPPENED!" Utena yelled, both to her friends and the small crowd gathered and listening out in the hallway. They dispersed quietly, not wanting to deal with a nearly bezerk Utena.

"What didn't happen?" a smiling Anthy asked as she walked in, wiping the last of the dirt from her hands. Utena just groaned again, softly. "Are you all right, Utena-sama?" Anthy asked worriedly, "I could give you a relaxing massage if you like."

Utena blushed scarlet, even as Miki, Juri, Nanami and Wakaba exchanged knowing smirks before leaving the room. Utena opened her mouth, ready to try to defend herself, then just gave up.

As they walked together down the hallway, Wakaba smiled slightly to the laughing Nanami. "She is in SO much trouble, isn't she?"

Nanami nodded, and giggled a bit. "Not to mention Juri chasing her too," she commented. Looking over at the cheerful girl, Nanami was suddenly struck by how pretty Utena's friend Wakaba was. `Not me too,' she thought sweatdropping.