Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Sword in the Stone ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Utena: Sword in the stone.

Part Four

Utena woke up gradually, the dawn's light slowly pulling her into wakefulness. She tried to roll over, only to discover she couldn't move her arm. Her eyes half open, she drowsily discovered the reason.

Anthy was lying beside her, curled up against Utena's side, sleeping peacefully. For a moment, Utena got quite a view down Anthy's nearly sheer silk nightgown. 'Think pure thoughts, chum!' Utena thought. 'Just remember, she's under a spell and isn't responsible for her actions.' Utena tried to move again, and realized her arm was pinned under Anthy.

She tried to tug it free without success. 'Now what? I could always chew my arm off quietly.' Utena thought about that a moment. 'Nah, that would hurt.' She sleepily debated for a few moments until she noticed that Anthy was awake and looking at her fondly.

"Good morning, Utena-sama," she said, and kissed Utena lightly on the cheek. She slid to the edge of the bed and smoothly got up. Smiling, she walked to the bathroom, hips swaying slightly.

Utena watched her go, then shook herself. 'Pure thoughts! Remember, she's under a spell.' she thought. It didn't seem to help, though. They ate a fast breakfast, then they were out and walking to classes when they came upon a very odd sight.

Miki stood in the middle of the walkway, carrying a sword and dressed in the oddest outfit. The blue pants were skintight, with big white boots. The jacket had shoulder pads and gold accents, with one blue sleeve and massive white cuffs. All in all, he looked pretty odd.

"Miki, is that your new band uniform or something?" Utena asked him, smiling. Miki blushed.

"Utena, I'm here to challenge you to a duel for the fair Anthy's hand," Miki said, pointing a rapier like blade at her. Utena raised her eyebrow and lightly touched the springy blade.

"Owe!" Utena gasped, and sucked the blood off her cut finger. She looked over at Miki thoughtfully. "For just her hand? What about the rest of her?"

Miki sweatdropped. "All of her!" he snapped.

"She's not a piece of property to fight over, Miki." Utena said gently. "She's a person, with the right to choose. I've told her she can go if she wants, but she's chosen so far to stay." Utena looked back at Anthy and smiled, "Something that makes me pretty happy."

Anthy stepped up beside Utena and looked Miki in the eye. "Don't hurt my Utena-sama." she said firmly. She looked up at Utena, and took her arm.

Miki saw how Anthy looked at Utena and sighed softly. He had already lost, even if he did win the duel. He conceded as gentlemanly as possible, and tried for a dignified exit. Then he noticed the boys and girls giggling over his costume and ran for his room to change.

Utena and Anthy watched him go, sweatdropping. "Lets hope that doesn't happen again," Utena sighed.



As they walked, they waved to friends, and eventually met up with Nanami and Wakaba. They were talking, laughing softly about something. When Utena reached them, Nanami asked "Did you see what Miki was wearing?" and broke into giggles.

Utena nodded, laughing. "Poor guy," she said. She smiled as she watched Nanami and Wakaba talk, she hadn't expected her old friend and new one to get along so well. They made an odd couple, the serious and the hyper.

"Miki must like Anthy very much," Wakaba commented.

"Maybe so," Anthy answered, taking Utena's arm possessively, "but I like my Utena-sama."

Nanami smiled as she saw Utena and Anthy together. She didn't think Anthy was under a spell anymore, she figured Anthy had found herself a hottie and didn't intend to let go. 'I wonder how long it'll take Utena to figure that out?'