Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Only Girl for Me ❯ Epilogue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Epilogue
 
Somewhere else, but somehow right there, someone watched the events unfold. She knew the answers to Touga's questions; she knew what would come next. She has always known for that was her true role in everything.
 
She looked sadly for a moment into the mirror her purple hair pulled back and held in place by hairclips. She wore a black sleek dress; something she hadn't worn in centuries but it seemed appropriate for what had happened. Besides she was in mourning for an upstart knight had killed her prince.
 
Though she mourned she didn't mourn too hard. It would be unfair to do so, or to blame Touga for her prince's death. After all, who had set him on the path to do so? Who had appeared as Utena in the rose garden? And who had pulled the sword from his chest?
 
The witch thought of her prince and sighed aloud, “Oh dear brother, you never really did understand your role in all this. The knight always defeats the dragon.”
 
“Anthy?” the voice of Saionji cried from the other room, “Are you ready to go out?”

“Oh yes, Saionji,” the witch replied, “It's a very special occasion.”
 
Saionji was dressed smartly as well, a very formal kimono done in traditional fashion. “It is?” he asked the witch.
 
“Of course it is, don't you know? Don't you know?”