Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ As The Rain Falls ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here I am. I’m on a roll! I have three chapters in two days! I’ll try to post regularly. Oh, I have a fanfic that’s kind of a spam-fic to this one; it’s called The Other Side of the Picture- Spin-Off. It features bloopers from each chapter of this fanfic and is the best stress reliever for writing something as dark as this.

Red Rose Touga has a new Saionji fanfic called The Darker Shades of Green. I suggest you all read it. It will really open your eyes about Saionji.

There will be more Juri and Saionji interaction in this fanfic. This is such a big hit! I can’t believe I got over 100 reviews for only 3 chapters! Thanks for every review!

The Other Side of the Picture

Chapter 4: As the Rain Falls

V V V V V V

Probably, probably we

Are beautiful so much, we are sad

As time passes we

Get contaminated so much we are sad.

No More Words- Ayumi Hamasaki

V V V V V V V

It had been raining for the past two days at Ohtori, following school, all of the students went to their dorms. All except Arisugawa Juri, who visited the still unfilled meeting facilities of the Seitokai, standing in the sprinkling rain, finding soothing comfort in it.

On the other side, a stature was holding a black umbrella similar to Juri’s. A hand covering their face, all that was eminent was a white ring with a rose instigate on it. The figure looked a bit stressed out and disheartened as they held the umbrella close to them.

The orange haired woman leaned over the side bracing herself with her arms. She wore a somber look on her face, thinking about the events that passed the last two weeks.

Inside Ohtori’s dorm rooms, Utena and Anthy sat, eating some of Anthy’s famous shaved ice.

“Juri and Saionji have been acting weird lately, I mean weirder then usual.” Utena said, seemingly out of nowhere.

“What do you mean, Utena-sama?” Anthy’s cheery face asked.

“Ever since my last duel with Saionji, he seems to be acting more toned down as of lately. I don’t even know about Juri, it’s like their spirits both dropped around the same time. “Utena stated considerately.

Anthy watched as Chu Chu devoured a whole cup of shaved ice. “I’m sure they’ll get better.”

“I don’t know, Himemiya.” The pink haired girl replied. “Something weird is up with them.”

“Cheer up, Utena-sama. After all, you won the duel fair and square, and I am the prize, the Rose Bride…”

“I know, “Utena sighed. “But I can’t help but wonder.”

The pink haired girl looked out at the rain in the window as Chu-chu flopped down on the table emitting a small burp and patting his bloated and now full stomach in satisfaction.

The rain beat against the black, water-proof fabric of Juri’s umbrella as she let out a sigh. ‘Guess there was no new or old business. We haven’t even had a meeting in this amount of time, or perhaps Touga is slacking.’ She frowned. ‘He’s probably too busy with his fan service to hold a meeting.’

“Humpf!” She closed her eyes.

An amethyst eye darted back.

‘What’s shedoing here?’ Saionji questioned himself as the hand that was once on his face tangled in his hair, casually brushing it over his shoulder. He stared at the orange haired girl, dressed in her Seitokai attire and leaned over the ledge. She seemed far away and he liked it that she remained that way.

Juri had not noticed him yet. The girl was still entranced in her own thoughts.

A wind blew, sending rain over the desolate Seitokai meeting hall and right into Saionji’s face and on Juri’s backside. Both went rigid at the freeze of the rain.

‘Why does it seem like the rain is…’ Saionji thought.

‘A lot colder then usual.’Juri finished Saionji’s thoughts with her own.

The leopard stood erect once again, holding her umbrella straight into the air. Amethyst eyes locked on her from across the Seitokai grounds.

‘Well, I’d better go.’ They both thought in unanimity. They both turned to leave and casually walked toward each other. The orange haired girl looked back at the untenanted ledge. Saionji stopped seeing the curly-haired woman approach him.

Juri kept walking until she ran smack into a hard wall. Upon hitting the “wall” she turned her head to see what she had indeed ran into. All she saw was a big patch of white cloth, level colorless cloth. Her eyes widened a bit, and then she slowly looked up, dreading that it was someone like Touga, who’d make ample use of their proximity and of the situation. As she looked up, she saw emerald locks of hair.

‘Not him.’ She thought.

The girl paused, and proceeded to look up at the face of Kyouichi Saionji. The orange haired woman, in her startle gasped and backed up, slipping in the rain, then she felt her wrist being caught by a burly hand.

Azure eyes widened.

‘K-Kyouichi?’She thought in the same bewilderment just as he did the day she had caught him in the rain. This unexpected surprise caused the umbrella to tumble out of her unclenched hand, letting the rain hit her now exposed form.

“What are you- - ?” She managed to get out, barely above a whisper. He pulled her up and since she was only positioned on one leg, she stumbled forward into him, colliding with his chest again. He still had a grip on her wrist.

Saionji had always been rough in contact, so it had surprised her that he wasn’t as rough as he could have been.

“Why didn’t you let me fall?” She asked her voice a bit more timid then she would have liked it to be.

“Because I didn’t want to waste my time scraping you off of our meeting hall’s floor.” He sarcastically noted.

“Time that you’ve already wasted, by standing her, doing nothing.” Juri spat back.

Saionji tried to muster a glare, but only a small glint in his eyes surfaced, as he had been depressed today.

‘Your not quite yourself, are you Kyouichi?’ The leopard thought to herself, as one of the hands she had braced herself with lay upon Saionji’s chest.

‘What in the hell is she doing?’ The green roses’ eyes widened a small amount, seeing the woman’s hand on his chest. No woman had touched him in this sort of way before, except Anthy, and a hand on his chest was nothing he ever could have expected from Arisugawa Juri. The two stood there in tense silence. With a coy smile and a small laugh, she ran a hand down his chest seductively.

This made Saionji rigid at the very contact.

‘What in the fuck is she doing to me?’ Saionji’s thoughts ran rampant to analyze Arisugawa’s strange behavior.

“You saw the locket in the kendo hall…Didn’t you?” She purred.

“I didn’t see a damn thing.” He shot back.

‘What in the hell is she trying to get at? Has her conscience about the locket gotten to her?’

‘So, he doesn’t know the one I conceal in the locket.’ She thought. ‘I’ve got the answer I need to know…So why am I here? Like this? Is it that, I too, am lonely? Loneliness brings a common bond…But with a man?’

“Hmphf! wouldn’t want a sign of gratitude or anything.” The Seitokai Vice President spoke in a more then evident sarcastic tone.

“Why should I give gratitude to people who aren’t worth my time?” Juri mimic-sarcasmed Saionji’s reply to her the last time he had slipped in the rain.

She pushed herself away from him sharply as he let go of her hand. “Hmphf!”

The curly haired woman turned around and picked up her umbrella, putting it back in it’s rightful place, above her head.

The vice president watched her from where he stood.

VV

Their shadows became silhouettes as two female shadows joined them. These were the shadow playgirls, known simply as A-ko and B-ko.

“Have you heard? Have you heard?” A-ko asked standing in a gossiping manner.

“Heard what exactly?” B-ko asked, putting a hand to her ear in a listening manner.

“There’s going to be a circus in town, with everyone performing their most dangerous stunts! The most depth-defying feats known to man!”

“Oh, one of their stunts could change the course of their lives, or even history!” B-ko squealed.

“Once they tackle the most dangerous stunt of their lives, they can face anything!” A-ko replied.

“Oh?” B-ko inquired, “And that would be?”

“They have to get up on the high-wire and take the risk. I’ve heard they’ve gotten up there, but most can’t even crawl back down.”

“Looks like someone needs a confidence booster.” B-ko dead panned.

Together, they danced around and chanted in unison. “Have you heard? Have you heard? Oh, have you heard?”

Vv

“Well, you can get to your “time” and I’ll get to my dorm. I’m getting wet out here anyway.”

“Don’t complain to me.” Saionji huffed. “It’s not my fault you have a guilty conscience.”

“Whatever.”

They both walked off in their respected directions, silently to their dorms, never saying a word to anyone on the way. Both pondering over the other.

TBC

Preview for chapter 5:

When the heart is sleeping, can you awaken it without pain? When the heart is weeping, can you stop the tears?

A/N: This story is getting dark, isn’t it? Or maybe it’s just me. Anyway, glad to see that everyone is enjoying this. This chapter is fairly long, most of my chapters are. There are probably going to be a few short chapters here and there.

Anyway, please R&R and tell me what you think!