Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ Conundrum ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well, here is chapter 5. This chapter is basically the collected feelings and thoughts of Saionji and maybe some of Juri’s as well.

It’s the chapter that I can picture Mikage saying. “Deeper. Go…Deeper.” In.

I know, I have had a lot of thought-type chapters recently. There isn’t much action as of yet, but to make this couple work, there has to be a lot of contemplation to have this couple to work. Besides, Saionji is just so fun to work with!

Hell, this couple is fun to work with! I love a challenge! This took place a bit before Saionji is expelled, and it’s kind of AU-ish considering I had Shiori come back before the Black Rose Saga. This will last a bit past the Black Rose Saga and will be 25 chapters long. I believe this is a whole new twist to the Utena verse.

Anyway, here is chapter 5! Please enjoy!

Notes: A conundrum is a riddle that is too complex to be solved.

The Other Side of the Picture

By: Hinoto Nobukaze

Chapter 5: Conundrum

Vv

The small star that shines

Far in the night sky,

Probably its not found by

Anyone yet

But don’t lose, it’s shining

So much now

Somehow, it’s similar to me.

Be My Angel- Kidou Tenshi Angelic

Vv

The rain poured down the window pane in the dorm room of the kendoist and Student Council Vice President Kyouichi, Saionji. He sat in the center of the floor in his room, contemplating to himself about the events in which had happened.

‘She obviously feels guilty about something. Perhaps the one in her locket is someone that I know.’ Saionji pondered. ‘Perhaps its Touga…or Miki…Or Tenjou…Juri has acted in a close mannerism towards Miki a few times. So then…

The one in her locket could be him…But, in the back of my mind, my intuition seems to be telling me I’m wrong again.’

The green haired man sighed and raised a hand up to support his head as he leaned his head to the side.

“Hmmm…Perhaps the lack of the Rose Bride caused my misery…I must get her back if I am going to regain what I had. I will better Touga at his own game.” He narrowed his eyes in contempt.

He then heard a knock on his dorm room door. “Who is it?”

“It’s me, sir. Karou, Miki.” The blue haired prodigy stood at the door, stopwatch in hand.

Saionji opened the door. “What do you want?”

“Sorry to bother you on a rainy day like this, sir, but Juri-san and Touga-san are out. I was just wondering why we haven’t received any letters from End of the World, or had any meetings as of lately.” Miki asked.

“How should I know?”

“You are the Vice President, and childhood friend of Touga, so I thought you may have known, or at least had a theory about it.”

“Well, I don’t. “ Saionji narrowed his eyes. “Go find Kiryuu if you want to know.”

“Sorry to bo-“The youngster couldn’t even finish his sentence before the door was slammed in his face. Miki sweat dropped, and then sighed. “Guess I’ll have to find out next meeting.”

He turned to depart. ‘Not that it’s even of my concern, but Saionji-san seemed a bit rattled by something…But what?’ The blue haired boy thought has his form retreated into the distance.

In the rain, Juri stood alone, watching it wash away everything and at the same time, give her some tranquility of mind.

Blue eyes watched the girl standing in the rain. Suddenly, Juri felt temperate arms wrap around her own arm. She looked down and saw Shiori clinging to her arm. The two of them stood there, alone in the rain.

Saionji began to look over the events that happened over the past few days.

‘So, Arisugawa thinks I looked in that locket? Perhaps I did steal a glance at it when it had opened, but I never say clearly who was in it. This is indeed a mystery, one that may never be solved at this rate. What was with her behavior to me anyway? No, woman has ever touched me like that…Her voice did seem timid towards me, or maybe I was imagining things…Arisugawa Juri, timid? The very thought is laughable!! ‘The green rose let out a snicker to himself.

‘Maybe she has some sort of hidden motives?’ He narrowed his eyes. ‘ But what kind?’

The Vice President looked over at his rose crest ring, which lay on the table. “Well, I intent to find out.”

IV

“The rain is so relaxing, isn’t it, Juri-san?” Shiori asked, looking up towards her upbringing friend. “You never know about storms, one day they could be calm and gentle, and then they can turn violent and severe.”

The orange haired girl stared out into the horizon. ‘There’s no light in the storm. No miracle in the darkness.’

She felt a head lean into her arm and she frowned.

‘Believe in miracles, Juri-san. For they know your true feelings.’ A smiling flashback set itself into Juri’s mind.

‘There’s no such things as miracles.’

The emerald haired duelist hadn’t moved from his spot, still sitting with his legs crossed, and his elbow rested on his knee, propping his head up. His other hand was draped over his opposite leg. Heliotrope eyes locked on the rose crest ring, which lay on the table in front of him.

‘There has to be a way.’ His eyes narrowed, upon seeing the ring on the table.

IV

His shadow reflected on the non-descript wall of Ohtori Academy, which currently occupied the two Shadow Girls, A-ko and B-ko.

A-ko was holding a magnifying glass and B-ko was dressed as a detective with a corn cob pipe in her mouth.

“This is indeed a mystery!” A-ko stated.

“With apparently no evidence and high suspicion.”

“We’re still working on it though, determined to find out who it is!” A-ko replied, looking through her magnifying glass.

“We’ll get that information we seek. One way or another, right fellow detective?” B-ko asked.

“Correct. We’ll acquire that information, even if we have to take it by force! We’ll find the answer we seek!”

“Now…” B-ko replied. “If only we had more information.

Both sighed.

IV

“I know.” Saionji’s features twisted into a smile. “I’ll duel Arisugawa tomorrow at the dueling arena. All of the answers should follow suit. I will find all of my answers to this so called conundrum.” A slender hand reached onto the table and picked up the rose crest ring, placing it on his ring finger of his respected hand.

“Tomorrow, Arisugawa.” Saionji replied, narrowing his eyes. “We’ll find the answers, and all will be revealed. I shall revolutionize the world and get the something eternal I am searching for, and then I can move on to Tenjou and regain Anthy to complete my goal and finally rise above Touga.”

A smile crossed his face as he looked at the rose senate on his hand.

“Prepare yourself…Arisugawa.”

TBC

Preview for chapter 6:

When the pain becomes unbearable

When life becomes uncertain

Even the strongest have fear in their heart.

A/N: I know, that was short for one of my chapters, but the next one will be long. The duel will take place and many things will be found out. Please check out my other works!