Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ Standing on Thin Glass ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well, her I am with another chapter. Chapter 7 is on its way here! This chapter is semi-long for what I write. Here is the chapter of revelation and tension, some flushing out of characters and motives here.
I hope everyone likes this so far!
This takes a lot of time to collaborate and think through, and I've been producing 2 chapters, written a day. Red Rose Touga, Oneesan no Miroku Houshi and I spend long hours on this.
As always, I strongly recommend Oneesan no Miroku Houshi and Red Rose Touga's works. Oneesan no Miroku Houshi was the one who ORIGINALLY came up with this couple.
Thanks for all of the reviews guys!
Now review and enjoy!
&9679;&9679;&9679;
The Other Side of the Picture
By: Hinoto Nobukaze
Chapter 7: Since You Deserve An Explanation
&9679;&9679;&9679;
Quietly awakening
I always, always wish
That these fleeting thoughts would reach you
My Will - Keisuke - Inuyasha
&9830;&9830;&9830;
The next day at Ohtori Academy, things went by as usual and the classes seemed to soar by. Miki finally got all of the desired answers and the Seitokai had a meeting. Saionji showed up, and so did Juri. Both, in spite of their moods, looked detached and unyielding.
The meeting went by without vacillation, and the day was bright and sunny after the two day rain Ohtori received.
The classes after that seemed to go slowly and lug through the hours. Tenjou Utena sat at her desk and played with her pencil, infrequently glancing at the clock to see if time had advanced.
`Come on, it's the last class of the day…Hurry up already!'
After class, Juri opened her locker and saw a letter in it. She pulled out the white piece of paper and unfolded it, reading its contents:
`Arisugawa Juri,
Meet me at the battle field an hour after school ends. We'll settle old scores…One way or another. If you want to find out what I saw, then win the duel, and I'll tell you all you desire to know.
- Kyouichi Saionji `
Azure eyes widened as she read.
`My suspicions were correct. He does know.' She narrowed her eyes. ` Or perhaps he's bluffing me…Either way, I have to find out!'
At the time specified, Juri appeared before Ohtori's enormous white rose gates, both opened and the water began to flow out, as a song began to play.
Zettai unmei mokushiroku
Zettai unmei mokushiroku
She began to progress up the long, spiraling stairs up to the dueling grounds. A look of determination on her face.
Shussei touroku, shibou touroku
Zettai unmei mokushiroku
Zettai unmei mokushiroku
Watashi no tanjou, zettai tanjou mokushiroku
Up and up she went, determined to reach her final objective, and somehow find the answers to all of her questions.
Yami no sabake ni samba, uba
Kin no mekki no tougenkyou
Hiru to yaru to go gyakumawari
Toki no mekki no shitsurakuen
The orange haired women would find out what exactly he knew…The answers to everything.
Sodomu no yami
Hikari no yami
Kanata no yami
Hatenaki yami
Zettai unmei mokushiroku
Zettai unmei mokushiyami, mokushiroku
The curly haired duelist reached the plat form, standing self-righteous and looking off into the horizon, ready to face her opponent, who stood on the conflicting side of the plat form, holding his sword in the one hand and turned to the side at a casual pace with one knee bent a casual pace.
The bells began to chime, the sign of the beginning of a battle.
Mokushi kushimo
Shimoku kushima
Mokushi Kushimo
Shimoku kushima
Mokushi kushimo
Shimoku Kushimo
They both drew their swords, wearing roses of their respected color. No Rose Bride to put them on their breast, it was just between them, with nothing to be won.
“I'm going to find out what you know.” Juri narrowed her eyes.
“Spare me.” An conceited smile crossed the green rose's lips.
Azure eyes narrowed as the orange haired duelist charged with her sword in the jousting position at Saionji, in which he promptly blocked.
Deliver the end of seriousness
I become entangled in the bottom of enthusiasm as is
The sounds of swords clashing could be heard echoing throughout the dueling arena. Grunts and battle cries could be heard. Each of the duelists trying their hardest to get the upper hand.
Running out of magazines to page through
Losing the dream is unacceptable
A poor television channel
Everyone and everything is late for fame.
“Tell me what you saw!” Juri yelled, jabbing at Saionji, who moved to the side, his green silky-smooth hair moving and flowing around him.
“You haven't won yet!”
“Don't worry, this will all be settled soon.” She kept her pace as several more blocks and several more strikes were made between them. “I refuse to lose again!”
The usual dream of fame looked like it surpassed on the home front.
You give up the ball not for yourself, but for a flame.
The locket swung around and around the orange rose's neck, a slash was made as the leopard leaned back, the sword coming treacherously close, but never grazing the locket.
The dull corner of the room game-soft
Now you're finished with no flame.
They continued to battle it out, blade against blade, sorrow against sorrow. The battle intensified and raged on.
You're on the opposite side of the table talking about running
Your harmonious expression is the same rather then being troubled.
At the nearby grounds, I exist for it.
Blades clash, once more. Anger rising, the emotion at high and the determination at full.
Sheer power.
Sheer elegance.
Sound will.
A fiery determination.
A battle with only one victor.
This is the end of the idea, the real fall of something important.
A viscous thrust was made by the orange-haired woman, almost striking the man in the face, if not for a skillful block.
“Damn, she's good.” Saionji closed one eye and winced. Breathe heavy and sweating from the intense battle. Juri was standing at a distance, clutching her sword and breathing equally hard.
`He's a fierce opponent…but I have to find a way to beat him. He's going to tell me what I need to know.'
Somehow someone resembles control
The harmony of the spirit is genuine
I have a name
The continued at their finest, sweat flying and many noises echoing throughout. The swords clashing at a faster pace.
An audible voice reaches the crowd
Blocking the disappearing hoax
Juri raised a hand that was when Saionji found his disruption. He threw his sword like a boomerang, and it spiraled its way toward her hand, hitting its objective and knocking the sword from her hand. A look of surprise crossed the woman's face. The green haired man ran up to her, catching her sword and cutting the rose on her breast, orange petals airborne. The sword Saionji had hit her hand spiraled into the air and lost its vigor as it fell down cutting the locket chain and making it plummet from her neck.
The rose hit the ground and popped open at the vice president's feet, giving him a clear insight of who it was. The victory bells chimed, marking the end of the duel.
It was a picture of him.
His eyes widened.
“What?” He asked, as his whisper faded, and the sound of a sword could be heard, hitting the ground with a metallic clank.
` Me!' His thoughts ran rampant. `Why the hell me? I thought she disdained me, so why would she put MY picture in her locket?'
“I lost.” Juri's reply was heard in a whisperish voice, oblivious of Saionji's reaction.
` What the fu? What's going on! This can't be - Me? But why? What the ?' The kendoist stammered in his own mind. `This makes no sense! What's going on?'
TBC
Preview for chapter 7:
One can never truly prepare for everything. Even if you are ready in your mind, your heart could still be hesitating.
A/N: That was intense to write and song-fic-ish. I know I'm evil, but that's ok, I'm working on the next chapter as we speak. I hope that I present this as being more human, since most people are more concentrated on the plot, rather then character development which is also important as well.
Anyway Voice (the duel song0 belongs to Yu-Gi-Oh but it had the same beat that resembled the Utena duel songs. Anyway, please RR