Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ Missing You ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Ok, here we go with another one of those “Go Deeper” chapters with Juri’s feelings for Saionji and a few surprises and such. For all of you Wakaba fans, there will be some Wakaba in later chapters. So, stay tuned.

I I I

The Other Side of the Picture

Chapter 11: Missing You

I I I

Even though I’m far away from you

I don’t want to give up

Even though we’ve always been rivals

Tomodachi – Sakamoto Ma’ya – Escaflowne

I I I

Juri sat in her room, staring at the one blossoming green rose in her intricate vase with a small smile. She seemed content as flashbacks ran through her head of his various phrases.

“Are you inquiring that I care about your stupid locket?”

“Why didn’t you let me fall?” Juri asked.

“Because I didn’t want to waste my time scraping you off of your meeting hall floor.”

“Don’t interrogate youon why mypicture is in your locket. Spare me. I think that you’d wonder too.”

“Kyouichi?”Miki’s confused face flashed through her head. “He’ll be back. I suppose we could get along without him. He’s hardly ever at any of our meetings anyway.”

“I suppose you weren’t really here to say goodbye to me, just to rub it in my face, right?”

“Why the hell do you care? What if I’m not coming back?”

“Don’t leave…” She recalled the yellow clad Saionji grabbing her hand. Juri recalled the look on his face, so lonely and desperate as if he truly needed her.

‘And what did I say when he looked at me like that?’ She thought and tried to recall what she had said, the vivid visions coming back into her head.

“Maybe…not.”

It was her turn to be hit with a sharp pain.

“I will know the truth from you, Arisugawa. Surely you’d be brave enough to admit your own feelings.”

‘Then why does it seem so hard, Saionji.’

“Memories can be painful…Can’t they?”

‘More then you’ll ever know…’

“What if the chick is holding on to life and something is trying to keep it in the shell, allowing it to grow so big that the shell crushing it under it’s expanding weight.’

Juri looked out of her window at the star stuttered sky.

‘All I was trying to say is that if the chick had time to figure out what was containing it, it could break through the shell.”

‘What if, though the chick knew, it was too weak to break out, or afraid to come out?’

The curly haired woman pictured Saionji’s smiling face. “Goodbye, Juri.” He waved a hand. She hadn’t seen him that happy ever.

‘I don’t think I’ve ever seen Kyouichi smile, to tell the truth. Only that arrogant smirk when he’s being an utter asshole.’

In Utena’s dorm room, the pink haired woman was lying lazily on her bed, pajama clad.

“Hey Anthy.” She asked quizzically.

“Yes, Utena-sama?” Anthy questioned, doing some last minuet cleaning.

“When will you be done?”

“In a few minuets, Utena-sama.”

“I still can’t figure out what’s been going on between Juri and Saionji. They are still acting weirder then usual.” Utena put a finger to her lips. “ I thought I saw them outside smiling at each other.”

“That’s nice.” Anthy replied, dusting one of the bed posts, as Chu-chu sneezed and flew across the room, landing in Utena’s extended hand.

“Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…” The diminutive figure swayed, complete with anime swirly eyes.

“What do you mean, that’s nice?” Utena arched an eyebrow at the purple haired girls statement.

“Maybe they are friends now.”

“How? I thought they couldn’t stand each other?”

“Things change, Utena-sama. So do people.”

“Are you trying to say that Saionji’s turning out to be nice?” Utena questioned. “He practically tried to kill me in our last duel.”

“Perhaps he’s mellowed down.” Anthy replied.

“How can that be? It’s only been a day and it seems like he’s the same old Saionji to me.” The whole ordeal confused the pink haired woman greatly.

“Maybe they come to terms somehow.”

Utena put up a finger to her hips. “Maybe…” She then scratched her head with her free hand. “I dunno…”

IX.

On a non-descript wall of Ohtori Academy, the shadow girls, A-ko and B-ko were standing.

“Now, for your listening pleasure…” A-ko announced, “A song from us.”

I have scattered from the dream

Escaped from the others

Love doesn’t leave the dead rose

I’m not delivered

And haven’t promised to protect

And prayed against endurance

The dead rose guards against tomorrow

A shining stream of bloody tears

Including furious blood

The dead rose transforms for its destiny

Not returning to repeat

Not hoping for anything

Avoiding silence

The dead rose blossoms in solitude

I leave scattered from the dream

Escaped from the others

Disappeared from time

Love doesn’t leave the dead rose

A-ko and B-ko both clap in unison.

“Bravo!”

“Bravo!”

IX.

Ba ck in Juri’s dorm, she lay down to sleep, taking one last look at the green rose against the moonlight, it’s features accented in the silver light.

“Good night Saionji…”

‘My friend, yet my rival.’

‘Come back soon.’

Preview for chapter 12:

Sometimes you lead, and sometimes you follow.

A/N: The song A-ko and B-ko sing is from the Utena Musical.

Done with another chapter! Sorry for the short chapters I’ve been turning out lately. The next chapter is a Wakaba chapter. Yay for Wakaba!

Anyway, glad you all enjoyed! Please take the time to R&R!