Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ Like A Crack in a Picture Frame ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm back, and it looks like I've lost reviewers. Oh well. Time to write on my little piece. I haven't given up yet, and it's so good to see ^_^ Thanks to whatever little reviewers I have left in this world who cheer me on to keep writing! Love you guys!
 
 
The Other Side of the Picture
 
Chapter 19: Like A Crack in A Picture Frame
 
 
:::
 
 
You think I've got it all
Everyone thinks I've
Got it made, well
How come my only friends
Are the ones I pay?
 
You're Not Me- 1st YGO Movie
 
:::
 
 
“He can't just leave Ohtori like that!” Juri's mind ran rampant. `He can't leave.'
 
She put the letter down on the table and walked out of her dorm. Juri advanced toward Saionji's bedroom.
 
`Wait…Why do I care if he leaves?' The orange haired girl thought to herself. `I hate him, so why should I care if he leaves?'
 
Her pace sped up.
 
`Then again, I suppose people just do things on an impulse.'
 
The leopard knocked on the green rose's door. There was silence.
 
`This isn't funny, Kyouichi. You'd better answer the damn door.'
 
There was no answer.
 
Another knock.
 
Still nothing.
 
A louder knock.
 
Still nothing.
 
Eyes narrowed. `He left.'
 
She turned to leave…
 
Right as the door was opening.
 
Then it shut again as Juri turned around.
 
“Okay, I know you're there, Kyouichi. Open the door.”
 
The door opened slowly.
 
“What?” The unamused voice chimed through.
 
“What do you mean by this letter?” Juri asked, pointing to the said parchment.
 
“Why do you care?”
 
`Why do I care?'
 
“You have your miracle, so leave. I'll do the same.” He slowly brought the door to a close, but not before Juri pushed the other side with opposing force. “What are you, jealous?”
 
“…”
 
“Answer me!”
 
“We're not so alike now.” He stated simply.
 
“What do you mean?” An elegant eye brown was quirked.
 
“You don't tell me, I don't tell you. It's a fun little game we like to play.” He smirked.
 
She narrowed her eyes. “Tell me what you mean in that letter.”
 
“It meant what it said. Nothing more or less. Whether you read into it and assume too much is simply your own problem.”
 
“Are you really leaving Ohtori?” She asked.
 
“Why do you care? You have your miracle.”
 
`You shut me out of your life, and I'll do the same. Two people who hate each other aren't destined. You should know this, Arisugawa.'
 
 
`He's avoiding me.'
 
There was a silence.
 
Then the door opened. The curly haired duelist closed her eyes, and when they opened, they met with amethyst.
 
`There's that sensation to kiss him again. I can see the misery in his eyes…'
 
There they were, face to face. They were so close you couldn't stick your finger in the unoccupied space between their faces. All that could be heard were the sounds of various students of Ohtori. As the two gazed into each other's eye, not seeming to notice the activity around them.
 
`What the hell am I doing?' The curly haired woman berated herself. `This isn't what I want…Or is it? This can't be right! A prince can't love another prince…Wait…Did I just call him a prince? He's just a raging, insecure-`
 
“U-TEN-A!” A loud voice was heard, causing Juri to jolt forward at the loud-mouthed girl. She leaned forward, right into Saionji's lips.
 
The green haired duelist's eyes widened, though the kiss only lasted a few minutes. Both eyes widened. Two heads drew back in unison. An elegant hand was raised to her lips. This was a kiss from a man. Something she never thought would happen to her again.
 
“What the?” Came a reply.
 
“It's not my fault. You were close to me.” Juri replied, narrowing her eyes.
 
“I'm not Shiori.”
 
“Well, I'm no Rose Bride either.” She huffed.
 
“You're busy trying to fill a man's shoes instead.”
 
“Hmpf! Why do you care?”
 
“I don't.”
 
“Don't ever kiss me again.” The orange haired girl snarled.
 
“You kissed me!”
 
“You don't see me throwing a fit about it, do you?”
 
“Hmpf!” The door was shut in her face.
 
“How childish.” Juri remarked to herself and turned.
 
`I can't believe I just did that!' She thought to herself. `What was I thinking?'
 
Just as Juri started departing, a purple haired girl walked up and joined her.
 
“Hello, Juri-san.” She smiled her cruelly- innocent smile.
 
The two walked off together.
 
Saionji leaned against his doorframe. His expression twisted into a complex thought.
 
`Was it all coincidence, just a mishap-She startled and leaned up to me. It wasn't technically a kiss. There was no feeling to it.'
 
He looked at the picture he kept.
 
In her dorm room, Juri still had an unnerving expression on her face.
 
`I kissed Kyouichi Saionji.' She thought. `Why am I so freaked out? Is it because I dared to let anyone get that close to me? Even Kiryuu Touga wouldn't dare touch me. He knows better, but I let Saionji kiss me. I'm sure it was nothing, just an accidental brush. Nothing to get worked up about. Then why am I?'
 
 
The curly haired woman backed into the table, knocking a picture off onto the floor. `Why does he make me feel so confused inside? One of the few people who shake my composure.'
 
Clank!
 
The picture landed on the ground.
 
“Huh?” Juri looked to the fallen object and picked it up, it was a picture of Saionji, but the glass had a small crack in it.
 
`Heh, feelings can easily be messed with and penetrated, just like a crack in a picture frame.'
 
 
TBC
 
 
Preview for Chapter 20: Is it possible to go against one's standards for the sake of happiness? Is it possible to find a friend in the darkest of times? Is it possible to learn to love yourself?
 
 
A/N: In the next chapter there will be a comforting scene. Just thought I'd give you all a head's up! Stay tuned!