Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ Failing Action ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here is chapter 18. It has shoujo-ai and fluff ahead. There is some angst at the end. Enjoy!
 
 
 
The Other Side Of The Picture
 
Chapter 18: Failing Action
 
 
:::
 
 
Please don't embrace
My Longing
Secretly in your arms
Because I am fine the way I am
 
Aoi Hitomi- Blue Eyes-Sung by Sakamoto Mayama - Escaflowne
 
:::
 
 
A few days later, Juri and Shiori were seen together, holding hands and smiling joyfully. They laughed together. At lunch, they sat together and ate.
 
Saionji stood beside of an old tree on Ohtori's grounds.
 
`As I have said before.' He thought to himself.
 
“Hmpf, how ironic.” He smiled a sly smile and walked away.
 
Later on that day, Shiori and Juri were walking together. Shiori was hanging on Juri's arm, the leopard smiled to herself. She finally had what she had longed for. She had her friend back.
 
“Well, Juri-san, I have to go to class. I'll see you later.” Shiori waved.
 
Juri gave a quaint wave, then walked off to her own respected class. When the curly haired female was out of sight, Shiori smiled a devious smile to herself.
 
Later, the two were sitting on the bench outside. The orange haired girl had once thought was a lonely place. Juri was laying with her head in Shiori's lap, the short haired girl was lazily running her hand through the orange curls of her friends hair.
 
Juri sighed in content.
 
“Things are as they should be, aren't' they, Shiori?”
 
Shiori smiled a sly smile, “Of course.”
 
The two lounged there, in complete bliss.
 
Time seemed to pass faster for the orange haired duelist, not once did she look in the locket. It seemed as if she had a lot more freedom, as if her life wasn't so constricted.
 
Life seemed to go on with ease for a while for Juri. She was always with Shiori, and seemed to shine brightly. The curly haired woman hadn't seen nor talked to Saionji, and the green rose sitting in the vase on her table began to wilt, several green petals floated down from the decrepit form which lent over the case sadly.
 
Every time Juri entered the room, she paid no mind to the wilting blossom, which sat upon the table.
 
One day, Juri walked into the room, to see that the green rose on her table had disappeared. Instead, there were bright orange roses in the vase, and each one was in full bloom.
 
The woman stared at them for a while, a bit confused.
 
`Where did those come from?' She thought to herself.
 
Beside the roses was a picture of Shiori, not the picture that had been there but…Where was the picture that had been there?
 
There was a note laying on the table, the orange haired girl spied it, and opened the folded parchment, reading it to herself.
 
Do you believe in miracles?
 
Azure eyes narrowed.
 
I told you that you care about Shiori more. That's why she was the one to gain your heart. So, therefore, you are a hypocrite for saying I care more for Anthy.
 
`What?' She thought as her eyes continued to skim the page.
 
I still want to know my answers, Arisugawa.
 
`Damn him.'
 
“Juri-san.” Came a voice from her doorway.
 
The curly haired duelist turned. “Shiori.”
 
“What are you reading, Juri-san?” She questioned.
 
The girl looked up from the letter and wadded it up, throwing it in the trash. “Nothing, Shiori.”
 
`Nothing at all.'
 
She went over and hugged her friend, who, in return, gave her a passionate hug.
 
Saionji opened the book which contained the dried orange rose.
 
“Heh, just as I suspected. Simply a confused mind.” Saionji said to himself. “Just something to fall back on…” He closed his eyes. “The true Revolution can only be reached alone. That is the one thing I plan on doing.”
 
A slender hand reached into the book, picking up the preserved flower, small flakes fell into the book.
 
“As I said, sayonara.” A rose was dropped into the trash can. “She probably threw mine away anyway.”
 
A book was shut, and placed on a shelf.
 
`Sayonara.' He thought, with a stern look on his face.
 
Later on that night, he took a walk, while he was gone, a letter was placed on his table.
 
After an hour had passed, a door opened to reveal a certain green haired kendoist. At first, he didn't even realize that he had a letter on the table and alked right past it to take a shower. After exiting the shower and drying his green locks he spied it on the table.
 
`What's this?' He thought as he picked it up, opening the seal and flipping it open to read the kanji within.
 
`Damn you.'
 
An eyebrow quirked.
 
`Besides, why do you care who I'm with? Jealous or something?'
 
Eyes narrowed.
 
`So, you want to know why I haven't spoke to you. I've been busy.'
 
“I bet you have.” Saionji stopped in mid sentence on one of the paragraphs. “Why the hell am I reading this? It's not worth my time.”
 
He closed his eyes and walked over to the trash can, running the towel through his hair, he tossed the letter in the trash, along with the rest of his fan mail.
 
He walked back to change out of the towel his was in, then he paused and stood there for a moment.
 
`I think I will write her one last letter.'
 
He walked over to the table and wrote the equivalent to a one minute letter. Then he walked off to get dressed.
 
Soon afterward, Juri received the letter.
 
She read it.
 
This time, it truly is sayonara.
 
` ` Kyouichi Saionji
Vice President
 
`What?' Juri questioned. `He's leaving…because of me?'
 
 
 
 
TBC
 
 
Preview for chapter 19: When there are two paths in the woods - no matter which one you chose, you'll have to face the consequences of journeying down that path.
 
 
 
A/N: I'm so mean, and before anyone says it's OOC, trust me, it's not. I've worked WAY too hard on this for it not to be. I know I'm evil in the cliffhanger department. Please R&R!