Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ Healing Her Heart ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here is chapter 22! Hopefully this chapter won't take as long to write as the last one did. Sorry to the reviewers about that. Anyway, their relationship is taking off now! Please R&R and tell me what you think!
 
 
 
;;;
 
 
The Other Side of the Picture
 
Chapter 22: Healing Her Heart
 
By: Hinoto Nobukaze
 
;;;
 
 
 
All this time I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark but you were there beside of me
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
Not to open my eyes to everything
Without a thought, without a voice without a soul
Don't leave me to die here
There must be something more.
Bring me to life!
 
Wake Me Up- Evanescense
 
 
 
The sky was grey, threatening rain. Two figures stood there, each holding umbrellas. There were two of them, a male and a female figure.
 
“So, you've called me here for something?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“I see this is a meeting of personal matter, seeing as Touga and Miki aren't present.”
 
“Look, you want to know why your picture is in my locket. I'll tell you.” Juri replied.
 
Saionji held his chin in his fist and smiled. “Really? Finally coming to your senses, Arisugawa?”
 
She narrowed her eyes. “Don't mess with me. Be lucky I'm telling you of my own accord.”
 
“Well, what is it?”
 
“Look, if you really want to know why, then take this.” An elegant hand slid over to Saionji, holding a letter. The flap was closed with a rose seal. The green haired man took the letter from Juri as a single raindrop hit the rose crest of his ring. The green haired duelist looked to the sky.
 
“Looks like rain.”
 
“Like I said, if you want to know-meet me there.” Juri replied, turning her back to face Saionji before making her exit. She left him standing in the rain, parchment clutched close to his chest as the rain began to pour down around him calmly.
 
The Kendo Captain took a look at the letter in his hand.
 
“I wonder what this is for exactly…She couldn't have just told me…”
 
 
 
I.
 
 
In his room, Saionji opened the letter.
 
`Kyouichi Saionji,
 
So, you really want to know what's in my locket. Meet me at lunch tomorrow and I'll tell you whatever you wish to know.
 
Arisugawa Juri'
 
“I'll be there.” The green rose said to himself.
 
 
The next day, Saionji sat at one of the many white tables, sipping a glass of tea occasionally; he glanced at the grounds of Ohtori Academy, watching the students bustle about.
 
“I see you made it.” A feminine voice rang.
 
“Of course,” Saionji smirked, holding the tea cup to his lips as Juri took her seat.
 
The male turned around in his seat to face, Juri. He sat his tea glass on the table and crossed his arms.
 
“Well, let's get down to business, shall we?”
 
“You've just been waiting for me to tell you, haven't you?” Juri asked.
 
“Of course.”
 
“You certainly harassed me enough about it.”
 
“Well, I must say I was shocked to find that it was me you held in your locket. I had always thought it would be someone like Shiori. She is your childhood friend and the only answer that seemed logical in my mind.”
 
“Let's not get too technical here. I only changed the picture because I wanted to get rid of the past, or at least I thought I could. I've come to figure the “out of sight out of mind” theory wasn't a good one. As to why I put your picture in the locket instead…Why can say?”
 
“Covering love with hate?” Saionji asked. “You used to despise me.”
 
“I do, but for different reasons.” Juri replied.
 
“Oh, you don't say?” A green eyebrow was arched to that rply.
 
“I know why I have your picture in my locket now.” She looked down at her hands, which were clasped together sitting atop of the table.
 
“That answer would be?”
 
“Because I have feelings for you that go beyond hatred. My withdrawal just refused to let me admit it, but as of lately, I have been coming to the conclusion that what I have been telling myself was nothing but a pack load of lies.” She closed her eyes.
 
Saionji took another sip of tea and sat the cup down once more. “What do these feelings consist of?”
 
“I have a confession that you either may or may not have seen coming.”
 
“What would that be?”
 
“I think I'm in love with you.” She admitted.
 
Saionji allowed a smile of victory to shine through. He had finally gotten her to admit it.
 
“I thought you never believed in love.” He noted.
 
“It's a lie, I just lie to myself to make myself believe again…Like I did in the past.”
 
“Makes sense,” He smiled. “So, why exactly did you think you loved me?”
 
“We have a lot in common. We were both betrayed by people we cared for most: our friends. You by Touga…”
 
“And you by Shiori.” Saionji finished.
 
“Typically, I'd think you were a stuck up jerk.” She looked at him. “But as of lately, I've been seeing you in a different light.”
 
“Could it be because of your love?” He asked.
 
“Who could say?” Juri looked thoughtful for a moment. “What did you do with the rose I had in my flower vase?” I found the picture in my top drawer.”
 
“I threw it away. Besides, it was dead and shriveled.”
 
“I see. What about the rose I gave you?”
 
“I threw it away as well.” He reached into his pocket. “But I didn't throw this away.” He pulled out the rectangular piece of paper, laying it atop of the table. It was the picture she had given him.
 
 
I.
 
 
On a non-descript wall of Ohtori Academy, A-ko was shown over a trash can, throwing one of the dresses into it.
 
“There goes that dress.” A-ko replied. “I've decided to throw away the old dress and get into the new one.”
 
B-ko replied. “Well, it seems like the better choice to me.”
 
“I sure hope so. I'm giving up all those memories.”
 
“But you're going to make new ones that could have a greater impact on your life.” B-ko told her.
 
“I just know this dress will go with my accessories.” A-ko replied. “I'll be queen of the dance floor!”
 
“I'm glad you're turning over a new leaf!”
 
 
I.

“You kept my picture?” Juri quirked an eyebrow. “I'm impressed. I thought you would have thrown in away by now.”
 
“No, I kept it this entire time.”
 
“What was up with you and Shinohara Wakaba?” She asked.
 
“Nothing.” He replied “I was just staying with her during my expulsion.”
 
“She sure seemed crushed when you left.” She shut her eyes.
 
“Am I interrupting something?” A charming male voice rang.
 
Both green and orange haired duelists turned to see Miki and Touga standing before them. A click of the stop watch was heard.
 
“Are we interrupting anything?” Touga asked in his usual nonchalant tone.
 
“Did you get any letters from End of the World or something?” Juri asked.
 
“Come now Juri, I just thought we could all have a nice lunch together.” Touga replied.
 
“Well?” Juri looked to Saionji.
 
“What? You think I care if we eat together, do you?” Saionji asked.
 
“Not really.”
 
Touga and Miki took the two empty seats and the four of them ate and talked over lunch. After lunch was over and school for that matter, Juri walked to Saionji's dorm room.
 
“Yes?...Oh, it's you…” Saionji replied, when answering the door and seeing who it was. “What are you here for?”
 
“We never finished our conversation.” Juri replied after walking in.
 
“So, tell me more about yourself.”
 
 
TBC
 
 
Preview for chapter 23:
 
Saionji and Juri have found themselves slowly beginning to sort out their emotions and admit them, but now…What next?
 
 
A/N: Wow that was a long time. There are three more chapters after this, so I hope you are enjoying it so far. I'm possibly adding a sypnosis at the end, for those who want my thoughts on this couple and reasons why I decided to write this fanfic.
 
As always read, Melissa Norvell's works! She's the one who ORIGINALLY came up with the idea for Saionji and Juri. I'm thankful for all of the reviews. There will be more fluff next chapter!
 
R&R!