Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ All in Your Head ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Okay, I'm finally getting somewhere. Later, after the story I'll add a synopsis on why I like this couple. So, anyway, this chapter will be fluffy, maybe something more. I always write author's notes before my chapters.
 
Anyway, please be sure to R&R and thank you for all of your reviews!
 
 
 
:::
 
 
The Other Side of The Picture
 
Chapter 21: All in Your Head
 
By: Hinoto Nobukaze
 
 
:::
 
 
 
 
 
If we don't move, we can't start
If we worry, we can't stop
I don't want to be coddled by
Dreams of this world's limits
 
I Am- Hitomi- Inuyasha
 
 
 
 
 
 
Suddenly, the leopard's eyes were covered by a closed hand. She gasped and reached a hand up to grab the wrist it was attached to, just as the hand trailed down her stomach.
 
“Saionji, what the hell are you doing?” Juri questioned.
 
The kendoist ran his hands carefully over the leopard's body, not caring if he'd get smacked again.
 
“Quit fooling around, Saionji.” Juri stated, a tinge of anger seething within the confines of her voice.
 
“Does it really matter?”
 
“Does what really matter?” She asked, beneath the elegant hand of the green haired man.
 
“If you can't see who's touching you, can you really distinguish the touch of a man from a woman?” He asked.
 
`What?' Her thoughts ran rampant.
 
“A touch is a touch, it doesn't matter who it's from. The love within the touch cannot distinguish gender.” He spoke.
 
His words seemed to stall Juri, actually making her think about what he had said. It was true, however, she couldn't tell with her eyes closed.
 
`Damn you, Kyouichi…' She thought. `How I feel contempt for you…and yet…when we kissed, I couldn't resist all the same. Why? Why do you do this to me?'
 
She closed her eyes beneath his hand, unable to move, her body frozen in time. However, all Saionji did was run his hands from her stomach to her face and through her spiraling curls.
 
After only a few moments, the orange rose sat up slowly and looked around.
 
`A touch is a touch, it doesn't matter who it's from.'
 
`You know…He's right.' She thought to herself. `If there was a man or a woman's hand would there really be a difference?'
 
`There wouldn't…He's telling the truth.' She got up and walked after Saionji.
 
`What the hell is wrong with me?' Saionji thought after looking through a window of Ohtori Academy. `Why in the HELL did I just do that? What was I thinking!? Why in the-`
 
He was tapped on the shoulder.
 
“Huh?” He jolted up in surprise. He turned his head quickly to the side and saw Juri, standing next to him.
 
“Miss me?” She smiled coyly.
 
“Geh.” Was the noise heard emitting from Saionji's mouth.
 
“What's your deal, Kyouichi? Do I look like Anthy to you?” Juri put her hand on her hip.
 
“I didn't make a mistake.” Saionji's gaze softened.
 
Juri looked out of the window and spied Shiori and Touga under a tree, Shiori's hands were on the red haired man's chest and they both looked as if they were preoccupied with each other.
 
“Hmpf.” Juri rested her elbow on the window seal and sat her head in her hand.
 
“What do you know your best friend and my best friend?” Saionji said monotonely. “Think they've been together?”
 
“Who can say?” Juri's look softened into one of sadness.
 
“I suppose.” Another reply came.
 
“So, what was that all about?” She asked.
 
“Frankly…I'm not sure.” Saionji turned around and leaned against the window seal, supporting himself with his elbows.
 
“What do you mean, not sure?”
 
“I've not been myself lately.”
 
Down below, Touga and Shiori kissed. The leopard could feel a prang of pain course through her heart. Her look turned into one of deep sadness.
 
She narrowed her eyes. “There is no such thing…”
 
The girl stood there, fists clenched and trembling after moments of staying there, she turned around in a hurry and hugged Saionji, who wore a look of slight confusion.
 
After a while, Juri could feel arms wrap about her.
 
“It must hurt.”
 
Was Saionji…Comforting her?
 
In his arms, the green haired kendoist could feel her shivering and hear a sniffle here and there. He shut his eyes and smiled.
 
“You could only wish to have someone understand your true feelings. The ones you hide from the world.”
 
“The feelings I hide…”
 
`You know those feelings…Don't you?' Multiple flashbacks ran through her mind. Then his face. The locket's opening to reveal…
 
….
 
 
..
 
.
 
His picture.
 
Azure eyes widened as she checked her locket to find that his picture was there, smirking smugly at her. She buried her head into his chest. She could feel it, that touch over her body. She could feel the warmth flow from his being to her. This is what she felt that day, when Shiori had embraced her. This was that feeling of unity that she had been lacking. This was the thing that had made her feel as if she belonged and fit in. This was the thing that made her feel as if one person understood her feelings.
 
It was him.
 
He made her shiver with how close he was.
 
The emotion he had was genuine when he saw her.
 
He made her heart beat.
 
He made her catch her breath.
 
He made her infuriated.
 
He made her hate him because she loved him.
 
That's the true reason his picture had been in her locket. That's the true reason his picture had been in her locket. Not because she was confused, but because they were so similar. He had always been there. He caught her when she fell, even though her whole world had been crashing down around her.
 
She was sure of this…
 
She loved him.
 
No matter what.
 
 
No matter if she'd get hurt again.
 
He always offered a hand…a hand she refused to take.
 
She was such a fool.
 
She was afraid of being rejected. Afraid of hope. The orange haired girl looked up at the taller figure. Gaze burnt into gaze. Azure into amethyst.
 
Juri tried not to show emotion, because someone was caring for her, though they happened to be the person she once hated the most. None of that seemed to matter now. A woman's touch wasn't distinguishable from a man's when blinded, and she was indeed blinded: blinded by love.
 
“Juri.” Saionji said gently-biting his tongue and for trying to add the word `sempai' in a seductive tone.
 
Juri closed the gap between them and the man looked surprised as she caressed his cheek.
 
His breathing was labored.
 
Both heart beats quicker.
 
She kissed him gently on the lips and he let her. He was surprised at the fact that she made the firstmove.
 
`You're like me.' Saionji thought. Afraid to hope. I know why my picture resides in your locket, but I wish fir you to tell me in words. I shall find the answers I seek soon.'
 
 
 
XX.
 
 
 
On a non-descript wall of Ohtori Academy, the Shadow Playgirls, A-ko and B-ko were present.
 
“I've finally found the man of my dreams! He came back to me!” B-ko rejoiced.
 
“It seems like everything is piecing back together in this strange, twisted fairytale.” A-ko replied.
 
“Of course. But to look past the situation, one must first analyze their relationship. It's time to bring hidden feelings into the light.”
 
“Well, I have been hiding these unsettled feelings for a long time. If I never sort them out, I'll never be sane. For the sake of better understanding myself, I'll do it for his sake!” B-ko replied.
 
“Good for you, B-ko! I wish you luck!”
 
 
TBC
 
 
Preview for Chapter 22: Can the heart find its answers? Or will it remain confused in the darkness?
 
 
A/N: Wow, sorry guys. This chapter was hard to write. I didn't want to screw anything up. I also wanted to make them do something and it still be IC. I wanted to direct fluff opposed to the indirect and unrequited fluff. They have been giving.
 
This chapter took me three days to write. Red Rose Touga wasn't here to help me.
 
I hope everyone liked this *is so scared that she's going to screw up* Anyway, please R&R and tell me if I'm doing everything right.