Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Vulnerability ❯ Chivalry ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I know, I know…I’m already starting another fanfic when I haven’t even finished the one I started. In all actuality, I have finished the one that I started, on paper and in typing; my beta is just taking her sweet time on the project. I understand though, she’s been dealing with a family loss and those things are always so hard. I commend her for being able to beta read and deal with her family in the process. Plus she’s been flamed on a fanfic by some pretentious idiot who flames for the sake of flaming, so I dedicate this fanfic to her, in hopes that she’ll get better and just ignore the bastard flamer.

God the sheer audacity of people sometimes. I think some people deserve to have stupid written on their forehead.

Anyway on with the fanfic, but first, my basic information.

Category: Utena

Title: Vulnerability

Rating: PG-13

Genre: Romance/Humor

Pairing: SaionjiXJuri

Warnings: Odd pairing, mild language, a bit of sexual preferences...eh that’s all I can think of now.

Summary: Saionji saves Juri as an act of heroism, and now Juri owes him. Since it was only right, she agreed to do what he says though it was begrudgingly so. But, what unexpected twists are ahead?

DEDICATED TO ONEESAN NO MIROKU HOUSHI

Disclaimer: Do I look like Chiho Saito or Kunihiko Ikuhara? NO. So you know what that means….disclaimers are pointless and I don’t own Utena.

Vv

Vulnerability

Chapter 1: Chivalry

By: Hinoto Nobukaze

Vv

A lone figure walked down a silent street. They walked at a quick pace, heading to across the road. Around the corner, a car came speeding down the lane, just as the figure was walking across the street. The form was that of an adolescent girl, with shoulder length orange curly hair. The young woman was dressed in her Seitokai attire. This figure was known as Arisugawa Juri.

Juri looked into the headlights, her body seemed to glow a luminescent yellow.

Right as the impending doom neared, Juri felt herself being propelled through the air, well-built arms wrapping around her form. She felt herself fall on the frosty, durable, pavement, scraping an elbow as she did, but it was a small price to pay for what was about to happen to her.

“Ugh...”

Juri slowly pulled herself up from the frosty, inflexible surface. She noticed the arms still around her and felt her body being pushed into another, which was located promptly behind her. The coiled haired woman felt the soft fabric wrinkling behind her.

Juri noticed the arms still lingering. On the left hand of the figure, was a rose signet ring. The pink blossom on the sing catching the light and making it shine under the street lamp.

Azure eyes widened at the ring. ‘A rose signet.’

The curly haired duelist looked behind herself to see abundant green locks spilling out over the ground. The light above illuminating them with an almost angelic beauty. The smell of the rose scent was consuming the air beside of her.

Her eyes widened to see what her discoveries had found.

There, lying on the ground was Kyouichi Saionji, the pile of green hair cascading around his head and onto the roadway. His face was concealed somewhere underneath it.

Slowly and surely, Saionji lifted his head up, revealing his heliotrope eyes, shimmering with beauty in the streetlight, accented with a golden yellow.

“If you want to commit suicide, do it some other night.” Saionji’s voice came.

“I wasn’t committing suicide; I was trying to walk across the street.” The orange rose replied sardonically.

“You should be lucky, if I hadn’t have seen you, you would have become one with the pavement.” Saionji replied, getting up and dusting off his uniform.

Juri glared at him from her laying position on the ground and remained in silence.

“Well…” He glared down at her.

“All right, all right…Thanks…” She muttered the last word.

The curly haired duelist gradually made her way up.

“I owe you…And your right.” Her look softened to what would be considered a typical look for her.

“Since I saved your life, you have to do what I say.” Saionji smirked, knowing just how to erk Juri.

“What?” She whirled around at light speed, her curls hitting her in the face as they caught up with her body.

“I saved you, and you owe me.” The green rose crossed his arms and leaned against a nearby street post.

“I can’t do that!” She protested.

“Oh no?” Saionji asked, in a taunting yet amused manner.

He received a sub-zero glare from Juri as a response.

“You’re in debt to me. May I remind you? “

“You bas-“Juri was cut off as she received a smirk from Saionji.

‘Ugh…Smartass…’ She thought cynically. “Fine, whatever, but I’m not your slave.”

“There will be no need for that.” The male voice intoned.

“You slap me, and you won’t be able to have children…”

Saionji felt an inward crack from that last comment. True, he knew how to get on her nerves, but he had feelings just as any human would. The green haired man knew by his treatment of the Rose Bride in the past, that he would probably never live the slapping gesticulation down.

“There will be no need for that either.” His voice seemed to go monotone as he walked mechanically past her, then he stopped and looked over his shoulder at the form behind him.

“Wait!” Juri spun around the other way. “Why are you doing this? What do you want from me?”

“You shall see.” Was the only reply. “See me after school tomorrow.”

‘Like I want to, but I really don’t have a choice in this matter. I have to stay true to my word…Even if it IS to someone like him.’ She thought while watching him walk out of sight. ‘Besides, I’m going to show him that I am above him…Not below.’

“Besides, why does he want me of all people? Maybe he just wants to torture me…I wouldn’t doubt it. I don’t think he’s above it, by any means.” Juri said aloud as she walked the other direction.

“It’s getting late out here. I’m going to have a long day as Saionji’s slave tomorrow.”

She continued to walk on to her dorm in the deep stillness of the dark.

“After all, am I not in debt to him…I’ll let him have his fun, but he’d better beware. I’m no Anthy.”

TBC

Preview:

Not being the type to trust just anyone, let alone a guy, Juri doesn’t plan on doing any more than taking a quick glance at Saionji and walking away. But, things don’t always go the way they are planned and sometimes, it’s for the better.

A/N: Well, that’s it for chapter 1. I know, not much there, barely even 1000 words! Sorry about that, it’s more like a prologue then an actual chapter 1. Anyway, please R&R and tell me what you think.

To my beta reader: Cheer up, Oneesan! I’m sure this will make you feel better. Chapter 2 is on its way!

To everyone else: Please R&R!