Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Vulnerability ❯ Fate ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: The last chapter was rushed, but that’s how it happened according to the characters P.O.V. Some more things are going to be uncovered in this chapter, like why Juri agreed to Saionji’s proposal.

Here is chapter 2! Enjoy!

Vulnerability

Chapter 2: Fate

By: Hinoto Nobukaze

‘I can’t believe I’m doing this…’ Juri berated herself as she walked over to Saionji at the end of classes for that day.

“You actually showed up.” Saionji’s voice intoned.

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Juri asked.

“I didn’t expect anything like that from you.”

“Ugh, just shut up and let’s go wherever you want to go.” The coiled haired woman walked ahead a few paces.

The kendoist walked a few paces following her. “I know what you could do for me…as a favor for owing me your life.”

‘Ugh!...Why me? Why did I ever agree to his terms? I guess that’s what I get for just wanting him off of my back…’ Juri’s thoughts berated her. ‘ I should have just thought through all of this before thinking about how busy I was that day, or how I wanted to get away from him because he disgusts me…’

“What?” The woman finally asked in an unamused voice.

“You can spend a week with me.” He replied, knowing that she couldn’t stand 10 minuets with him, much less a week.

“Let me guess, starting now…Right?” Juri asked.

She got a silent nod from the green haired man.

‘This must be some ironic twist of fate…’ Juri thought to herself. ‘But, if I don’t do anything, he’ll just annoy me into it. He did save my life, and no matter how I disdain him, I feel I owe him that much.’

♥♥

In Saionji’s dorm, both stood there, in complete silence, staring at each other.

“Nice conversation.” The female duelist finally said, after hours of silence.

“I have nothing to speak of.”

“So, you want me to stand here and watch the paint flake?” The orange rose finally replied, looked around.

Saionji sat at the stumpy wooden table in his dorm room. “I never said you had to stand there.”

Irresolute, the orange haired girl walked over and sat on the conflicting side of the table, across from Saionji.

“Why exactly are you doing this?” She asked. “I thought that you couldn’t stand me, not that you can stand much?”

“Very damn funny. I’m doing it because you owe me for saving your ass.” He stated simply. “And I know you’re so utterly annoyed at that fact.”

“You assho- - !” A cup of tea was handed to her. The woman glared unemotionally at the tea.

“What? Are you going to glare at it so hard that maybe one day it will evaporate?” The green haired man asked, sitting the cup down on the table across from him.

“No, I just don’t want to be poisoned.” Juri huffed.

“It’s not poisoned.”

“How do I know that?” She crossed her arms.

“What? Do I have to taste test the damn thing?” Saionji asked.

Juri picked up the cup and examined it. Within the tea, there were several leaves, in which she gave a look of suspicion towards.

“There’s something in here.”

“Yes, they are called leaves.” Saionji remarked sardonically.

“What kind of leaves? Could be Night Shade-“

Her sentence was cut off by the green haired man reaching over the table, taking her cup and sipping a bit from it. After wards, he sat it back in front of Juri and leveled her with a glare.

“Now, if I die, you’ll know I poisoned it. Besides, why would I save you from a car, just to kill you in my dorm room? I would have rather let the car hit you.”

The orange haired duelist picked up the glass and took it up to her mouth, as if she were going to drink it, then promptly sat it back down.

“What now?” The green haired duelist was beginning to get aggravated. “For the last time, if I were going to kill you, I would have let the car hit you.”

“I’m not involuntarily kissing you.” Was the monotone reply from Juri.

‘Irritating woman.’Saionji thought to himself. “Like I would want to kiss you.”

“The feeling is mutual.”

“The “Night Shade leaves” you speak of are actually peppermint leaves.” Saionji spoke as he switched the glasses. “There, now you won’t indirectly kiss me.”

“How do I know that you haven’t drunk out of that one?” The orange rose replied.

“Does it look like I drunk out of it? Look at the glass. You didn’t see me take any drinks did you?” He huffed.

“I don’t trust it.”

“You don’t trust me either.”

“Would you like the true answer to the statement?” Juri intoned.

Amethyst eyes just glared in her direction.

“So, am I to meet here in this drab dorm room with you and be your slave until the week is over?” Juri asked.

“A week?” Saionji questioned, sipping the tea gingerly from the teacup, then sitting it down on the table with a light rasp of the porcelain to the wood.

“Isn’t that what you said?” The curly haired duelist replied, looking skeptically at the green rose.

“I suppose it is.”

Juri looked at the teacup then took a drink of the contents within.

“Thought it was Night Shade?”

Juri huffed in reply. “If I die, you die.”

“Hmpf.” The male duelist smiled and small smirk and closed his eyes. “So, you’ve learned to trust.”

“Not really. Just stand you and hope I don’t die because I at least owe you enough to drink your “tea”.”

“Does it taste like peppermint?” He asked quaintly.

Juri took her lips away from the teacup. “I suppose it does.”

She looked into the tea that the teacup held within, the darkened looking peppermint leaves swirling around in the tea, causing ripples in the liquid surface. ‘This had better not be an indirect kiss.’

She drank from the tea cup.

‘But I can at least learn to trust him…against my better judgment. I may as well make the best of this week of hell.’

TBC

Preview:

Juri gets a dose of reality in the most painful of forms, but when the dorms’ usual occupant shows back up, perhaps he’ll finally have someone to turn to.

A/N: That’s all for now. I hope you all enjoyed that chapter. It was kind of hard to write, but the next chapter will be less challenging. Anyway, without giving anything away, please R&R!