Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Vulnerability ❯ The Truth Hurts ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here we go with another chapter. I’ve been having a bit of trouble on where to take this next, I figure I’d get this rolling off by building a friendship, or at least an understanding.

Please review me and enjoy this chapter.

I I I

Vulnerability

Chapter 9: The Truth Hurts

By: Hinoto Nobukaze

I I I

“Juri.” Saionji told the woman who sat on the other side of the table.

“What is it?” She replied, blinking.

A slender hand sat a green and black book in the middle of the table. “You want to talk about it, then let’s talk about it.”

“You actually want to?”

“Yes.”

The green haired man stood up and walked over to the side of the table that Juri resided on, sitting beside of her and staring intently at her.

“So,” The woman picked up his hand by the wrist. Her touch was strong, yet gentle and something else. Just like in his dream…

“If you’re so used to having no will, then maybe you can be my Rose Bride, and I can be your prince. We can start the consummation ceremony…Now.”

Saionji couldn’t keep from it; a slight flush came to his face, which caused Juri to produce an odd stare. They didn’t speak, their bodies frozen in time. The kendoist turned his head, his hair shading his face, covering the almost unnoticeable flush. After a few moments’s passing time, an elegant hand moved the hair away, causing him to slowly turn his head to her.

“Why are you blushing?” She finally asked.

“…” Saionji froze. ‘There’s no way in hell I’m going to tell her I was dreaming about her!’

“I’m just uncomfortable.” Giving the best possible reply he could, though he knew it was lame.

“You’re the one who moved over here.” The curly haired woman replied, holding a skeptical look. She turned his wrist over, revealing some small thin scars on it. “I was going to ask if you will do this to yourself.”

“You don’t care.”

“I do.” She admitted.

“What?” Saionji looked surprised.

“I do care, ok?”

“What if you do? You’re not going to make a fool of me again.”

“Protest, protest. Look, I don’t want to fight about this anymore. You can’t ever just believe me; you have to protest about everything.”

“What are you up to?”

“Why do you always think I’m up to something?” Juri asked.

“Because you are. Just like you read that book.”

“It’s not like I told anyone, though you keep thinking that I did. You can’t even trust anyone.”

“Ugh…Fuck you.” He turned his face from her, but his chin was grabbed and his head turned back to face her. “Tell me, Kyouichi, do you?”

“What if I do?” He asked.

“Look, I want to tell you something.” She looked into his eyes, holding his chin in one hand and his wrist gently in the other. “I understand how you must feel. I was wrong about you, Kyouichi.”

She gave a defeated and sympathetic look, which was rare for the leopard. The green rose sighed in defeat.

“I do.”

“Your so weak, Kyouichi.” Juri sighed.

“Fuck you. You have weaknesses that are jut as bad, if not worse then my own.” The green haired kendoist shot down the leopard.

“I never said I wasn’t.” Came the depressed reply.

“So, you admit it?” He replied.

“If I ever catch you doing that around me…”

“You’ll smack me, yes, I know.” Saionji replied.

“Who can say?” Juri replied sadly, looking down, knowing that was another shot from the green haired man.

Suddenly, she felt the strong embrace of the green rose.

Azure eyes widened as she could feel her head rest against the bare chest of the man.

‘Saionji…’ She thought to herself. ‘He’s not going to call me weak, or have anything sarcastic to say? … Maybe I truly have misjudged you, Kyouichi…’

They sat there in a moment of silence, Juri never tried in the slightest to pull away, too depressed to do so. She didn’t feel like fighting against Saionji. She felt vulnerable to a verbal attack. The green haired man, also not saying a word.

‘Juri, don’t push away from me, not now.’ He thought. I want to show you that I want to know all of your secrets. Perhaps you can learn to open up. Only you know all of my secrets. ‘

The curly haired duelist felt oddly comfortable within the green roses’ embrace.

‘He’s so warm, not venomous or cold like Shiori. At least he’s not a total iceberg. I never knew we had the same outlook on things; then again…I never tried to speak with him on the matters, either.

Why does it seem that I can take some odd comfort in being this close to him? Though, at times, he can be an unrelenting ass.’

‘I wonder why she isn’t shoving me off, or for that matter, telling me where to shove things?’ Saionji thought to himself as he in took the sweet aroma of her spiral locks. ‘She stirs something within me, a feeling of happiness, or what I believe is happiness. I don’t know, I haven’t felt a sensation like this sense childhood. It’s like something is opening me up, in more ways then one.’

“Saionji?” He could her, muffled from beneath him.

“What is it?” He asked, not knowing that he was speaking directly into her ear.

“So, why did you give me the terms that you did after you saved my life?”

“I was going to make you do what ever I wished, but things didn’t end up like that. I was going through a small depression, and…I was lonely.” The last part came out smally.

‘He was…Lonely? What does that mean?’ She wondered as she recalled something he had said to him earlier.

“Maybe your right, but that last thing you said had better been a joke.”

“What thing?”

“The thing about wanting me.”

‘And I’m still wondering if that’s a joke.’ She thought. ‘I’d feel too bad if I hid things from him now. After all, I did pry.’

“So am I.” She finally admitted.

“I could have figured. Perhaps your just as cold and hurt as I am.” Saionji replied.

‘I wish he’d stop talking so close to my ear.’ She thought.

“Not completely.”

Shiori would never love her. There really are no such things as miracles. Was she really destined to have everything she wanted? She didn’t know. This comfort felt nice, though it was from Saionji of all people. Perhaps he was the one person in the world she could trust. During those few days of being with him, she was glad to have gotten to know him, no matter how rocky it was at first.

He seemed so much different now. Perhaps all of his tendencies to act like an ass were all a façade. It was almost like he was schizophrenic.

But she knew now…She knew that she could trust him at least a little.

They were not only bound by the rose signet rings and their membership in the Seitokai, they were bound by something more. They had made their own revolution, the revolution of the heart.

“Saionji…” She finally spoke.

“Yes?” His voice reverberated in the depths of her earlobe.

She put a hand on his chest and pushed him back gently out of her ear and looked up at him, his hands still around her in a loose embrace.

“So, tell me about what you didn’t write in that book.”

TBC

Preview for chapter 10:

Soon, very soon you shall know my secrets.

A/N: I think I’ve had too many love songs for one day. Hope this isn’t OOC. I was just writing it as I was listening to love songs, so yeah. ;

Anyway, Chapter 10 will be better. Sorry about my fluff-fest chapter. There will probably be another one after this. Please R&R and tell me if I got OOC, if I did I’ll probably re-write this.

Please R&R!