Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Vulnerability ❯ The Garden of Eden ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here I am with chapter 11! This story is at its high point and now will get into the action. I hope that this has truly been a great experience and now without further adue, I present to you, chapter 11 of Vulnerability.

Vulnerability

Chapter 11: In The Garden of Eden

By: Hinoto Nobukaze

Juri walked along the winding paved sidewalks of Ohtori Academy, wondering where Saionji had disappeared to. She had searched the Kendo Hall and his dorm room only to find that he was absent from both. As she was walking, she stopped at the green house.

Azure eyes leveled it with a gaze. Through the transparent glass in the door, she could see the green haired man, holding a green rose to his nose and smelling gently of its intoxicating scent.

He opened his eyes, hearing the door open.

“So, there you are.” She told him.

“Oh, Juri.” The green headed man turned to the curly haired woman.

“What are you doing here?” She asked as she walked up behind him.

“I was just spending some time in the Rose Garden.”

“You don’t come here often.”

“Neither do you, Juri.”

“I was looking for you.” Came her simple reply.

The two stood there for a while, each in complete silence for a lack of a better subject to bring up. Amidst their silence, they could hear a set of laughs, both effeminate. Azure eyes averted themselves to the source of the said laughter.

“Who’s that?” Juri asked, looking to her new found friend for an answer.

“Someone else is here.”

“Thanks for the observation. I wouldn’t have known without that clue.”

Saionji sighed in defeat. “Well, I’m not psychic. I can’t see them from here.”

Suddenly, the two figures made themselves know, but there was a third smaller figure that was unknown to the two. An upside down watering can came speeding towards them, the voice screaming in a high pitched tongue.

“Huh?” the two said in unison as the golden pot whizzed by them at top speed.

“Chu-Chu, come back!” The two taller figures ran up to the two. It was Anthy and Utena. The pink haired girl stopped and blinked in confusion at seeing the two, neither one a usual sight in the rose garden.

“Oh, hello Saionji-sempai, Juri-sempai. “ Anthy beamed. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to discuss something with the Vice President.” Juri told them, not wanting to tell the girls that she was playing personal servant to him for the week.

“Of course.” The green haired man said, playing along and knowing Juri’s reason. He too figured that no one else needed to know.

“I thought you all had your meetings in the Seitokai Meeting hall atop of Ohtori.” The pink headed girl blinked.

“We do what we wish.” The curly haired duelist told her. “It’s really none of your business.”

“I believe we were leaving.”

A silent nod was emitted from the leopard, as the two walked away.

“Hey, wait!” Utena replied as she ran after them. They both simultaneously looked over their shoulder.

“Does this have to do with Himemiya? Have you come here to talk to her?” She asked.

“We-“

Saionji was cut off.

“We have no business with the Rose Bride.” Juri said quickly and glared at the kendoist as if she were saying ‘don’t even try it.’

Anthy came running up with a flower pot a few minuets after the sharp reply. “Look, Utena-sama!”

“Huh?” The pink haired girl replied, looking back towards the running bronzed figure.

“Utena-sama, the rose is getting better. I think it’s regained all of its life, and no more bugs.” She held it up gleefully.

“Oh wow,” Utena remarked. “It looks so much better! It must have been a miracle.”

Amethyst eyes went to azure, which turned as cold as the stars and narrowed. He knew what her reply would be. “There’s no such thing as miracles.”

Utena looked at her rose crest ring. “They have to exist. “ She said absent mindedly as she recalled the visions of her prince. ‘If they didn’t exist, then I wouldn’t have a savior, a noble prince who gave me this ring, and it’s a duty to protect more then just my own nobility but his as well. He IS my miracle.’

The green haired man sighed as his companion just glared.

“They don’t exist.” She said coldly.

“But not even you can explain what happened in our last duel. That truly was a miracle.” Utena replied.

“No it wasn’t, it was an error and a slip of the sword. “She argued.

“I agree with Juri. You might think that miracles exist, but you are naieve.” Saionji told her.

“What?”

“Utena-sama.” Anthy looked to her friend who was a bit angry and feeling caged in by the two Seitokai members.

“Anthy believes in miracles, don’t you, Anthy?” Utena asked, turning to her green eyed friend.

“Of course I do, Utena-sama.” She nodded.

“She only agrees with you because you are the recent victor of the duels.” Saionji told her. “I thought we discussed this matter during our first duel. The Rose Bride agrees with and abides by whoever is her prince.”

“That’s not true! Anthy is just a normal girl who wants to have friends, just like anyone else!” Utena denied Saionji’s statement.

“You just don’t get it.” Juri sighed.

“No, you two don’t get it.” Utena replied, angry at their truths about not only the Rose Bride but miracles in general.

The pink haired prince was fuming at this point in time, this wasn’t her day. In the back ground, Chu-Chu was still running around, screaming beneath the golden watering can.

He ran into the wall and the can remained in its place, the small being knocking itself out as it collided with the wall.

She felt the need to protect her friend, who stood, staring blankly behind her. “That’s it!” She finally told the two of them.

Juri and Saionji looked over at her, Saionji still holding the green rose.

Utena had to protect her honor, her prince’s honor and her best friend and “bride.” She had no choice but to prove them wrong. There were no miracles blooming in the garden of Eden, but Utena would soon change that.

“I challenge you to a duel! I’ll prove to you that miracles really do exist.”

TBC

Preview for chapter 12:

Juri is challenged to a duel, but she needs a little help. Will Saionji comply to her odd request?

A/N: I hope Utena was IC here, I decided to have some confrontation and provide good evidence in it. Sorry if this seemed a little rushed, but I had to have something happen in this chapter. Anyway, please R&R and tell me what you think!