Vampire Game Fan Fiction ❯ So They Danced ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

[notes] I actually wrote this July 3rd, but I revised it a bit later. I wrote it on a whim after looking at a few challenges for inspiration. I didn't actually do any of the challenges, though…
 
[final word-count] 282
 
[disclaimer] I don't own Vampire Game.
----
And so they danced, a whirling series of steps, improvising where the age-old rules did not apply. Moonlight dusted them in silver; eyes locked, the white orb's efforts went unnoticed. Their bretheren were too preoccupied with their own crude imitations to notice the grace within each movement, the emotion conveyed through each glance - but the solitude held, and nothing was lost. To their knowledge, existence beyond each other was impossible. The invisible spotlight marked the pair as different, forcing them to lead the bloody ballroom dance, and no one took notice once the music began. Theirs was the most intricate dance, the pair on which no other's eyes were fixed. One misstep would destroy the balance of their world. That world lay on a knife-edge from the beginning, and the lifeblood gushed out from the cut, splattering the people with crimson stars and comets.
A perilous jab brought them close. They paused. No other sound was there but that of their breathing, and finally, the lyrics.
"Duzell!" His tone was hushed, but each knew the words by heart. "Would you start this war and still claim to love me?"
"Who am I," he asked, fangs glinting, leaning closer, "to say I love you?"
Their lips touched briefly.
"After all, Phelios," the vampire continued, resuming his role as the steps demanded, "I am your enemy."
"So you are." Step, cast, dodge, step. Now feet away from the vampire, he pointed his sword at the onyx sky. Lips shaped a spell.
"That spell... You're willing to sacrifice yourself?"
Intonations reinforced the barrier of silence surrounding the royal personages.
"Then what is the point of victory?!!"
A sad smile.
"Phelios!"
And so they parted.
----
Please review!