Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ My three leaf clover ❯ side story ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: This happens during the middle of the story, it's one of D's and Clove's little adventures.
 
 
Vampire Hunter D
My three leaf clover a side trip - Life Lessons
 
 
 
D stood patiently at Ives's side, his hand resting casually on the horse's neck. Left hand was not as patient. He huffed and clicked his tongue being, his annoying self as usual. The donpeal would have greatly liked to be on his way by now, but Clove wanted to stay. One of the women they had rescued was pregnant and was currently giving birth. The woman and girl had bonded. Clove wanted to stay and make sure her newfound friend was all right and to welcome her new child into the world.
 
 
“You're such a push over when it comes to her…” Left hand mumbled.
 
 
D scuffed. “I didn't hear you voicing your objections to loudly…” A `bah' was all he got for an answer. The parasite was very fond of Clove as well, and caved just as easily.
 
 
D glanced over to the open doorway, where a nervous father to be paced. He was a brown haired, tall man who was steepling his fingers and mumbling constantly. Just as D's head turned back to Ives a sharp cry filled the air, louder than all the others. Silence followed and the two men stared into the house waiting. A neighborhood girl soon appeared and motioned for the expected father to hurry inside. D too ventured closer coming to stand against the doorframe. The two had disappeared through a jar door into a room where voices could be heard.
 
 
Clove's head popped from it and she smiled at D. She rushed to the tall donpeal, an air of excitement and wonder surrounded her. “Come on Come on! Come see!” she exclaimed grabbing hold of D's hand and leading him to the room before he could protest.
 
 
The room was an ordinary one but it had warmth about it, both from heat and from the sheer warmth of emotions. Doting village women huddled and cooed in the corners while mother and father stared in dumb wonder at their still wet child. The proud parents chatted and discussed a name for their little girl totally unaware of the tall dark donpeal. After what seemed to D to be hours they took notice of him and began showering him with teary eyed thanks. All the while D remained silent and hand in hand with Clove. Soon the father escorted them to the door.
 
 
“You're welcome, and I hope you'll all be a happy family!” Clove said waving at him from her perch in front of D. He waved back to her, then dashed back to his new family.
 
 
“Thank you D for letting me stay for a bit,” Clove said relaxing back into the donpeal. He didn't respond, and the rest of the short ride to the sleeping spot was quiet. The whole region was filled with mountains and covered with a blanket of forest with hidden streams running within. D guided Ives off the path to a camp he had chosen next to one of these streams. As Ives drank from the cool stream D pulled out a bag of food and seated him self against a tree trunk. Clove knelt next to Ives and drank from the stream as well. She whipped her mouth clean and ran over to D. The still somewhat giddy girl sat in front of D and dug into the bag pulling out a heel of bread and some cheese. As she spread the cheese on D took the time to look her over something he always did after a hunt.
 
 
He smiled. She was wearing what was once a navy blue dress with white fringe. Now it was a black dress with brown trim. Tears and rips where covering the dress. Clove cared little for her clothes and did actions with no regard to the wear and tear they would receive. Other than that she was perfectly fine. “No more dresses for you… To bad, you look pretty in a dress.”
 
 
Clove stopped eating and stared wide eyed at him a piece of bread sticking from her mouth. “Yur gruna ress me us a oy?”
 
D just shook his head at her antics. “Shallow Clove…”
 
 
She complied and repeated her question crawling over the bag closer to D on her hands and knees. “You're gonna dress me like a boy?”
 
 
D gave her a dumb stare. He let out a small laugh and shook his head. “No, I mean that I'd just get you some shorts or pants…”
 
 
“Oh…” Clove replied sitting back on to her legs. D looked away from the girl to take in the scenery. The only time he ever had time to enjoy the environment around him was during these brief pre-night time stops of theirs. Their spot was peaceful with the background music of the babbling stream. It was a truly serene place, although it was rapidly becoming cold. Maybe he should get out a blanket out for Clove. The rustling of grass brought his attention back to her. She had crept to D's side and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him. She stared wordlessly up at him her aqua eyes looking as innocent as ever. She wanted something. Had it been any other living being he would have been able to ignore them but Clove and her aqua eyes was a different case.
 
 
“Yes Clove?” D asked.
 
 
“D… how are babies made?”
 
 
He stared back at her. His lip twitched and he looked away. Clearing his throat he said, “You have no idea… no idea at all?” Clove shook her head her grip as tight as ever.
 
 
“Um…” D stumbled on his words. “You see… when two people love each other very much… they-they have sex…”
 
 
“Oh! Then does that mean we'll have sex?”
 
 
“What? NO!” D blurted out shocked by the little girl's excited response.
 
 
Clove frowned. “Don't you love me?”
 
 
“U-uh of course Clove, but it's uh… I didn't explain that well…” D finished lamely.
 
 
“God you suck at this!” Left hand spat out.
 
 
D frowned and looked down at the parasite. “Would you like to try?”
 
 
“Certainly! Clove babies are what happens when people have sex. Sex is when a man and woman get naked and a man sticks his-“ Some fingers in the face cut off Left hand's explanation.
 
 
“Clove, all you need to know about sex is that it's what everything on this world does when they want to make young,” D explained.
 
 
“Everything? Birds and trees too?” Clove asked. He nodded.
 
 
“You don't have to worry about that for many years. And maybe when you're older and more mature I'll tell you everything you need to know, but for right now you shouldn't be so curious about that.”
 
 
This last bit of advice quieted her down. She settled herself nuzzling D's arm. “What did you think of Sally's new baby? Wasn't it cute?” She was tired and seemed already to have forgotten the racy subject, much to D's relief.
 
 
D smiled but it was left hand replied, “Hard to judge with all that slime covering her…”
 
 
 
A/n- My last part to my three leaf clover, *sob*! I don't want to stop writing, I love writing about Clove and D!I wrote it for a friend to put on her site but it's been almost a year and no posty, so I've decided to post it up.