Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire Hunter D: A New Tale ❯ Vampire Hunter D: A New Tale ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Vampire Hunter D: A New Tale

Chapter one

It was dark and cold but yet D seems not to care as he rode down the street. All you heard was the rocks being flicked in the air by the hooves and the constant nagging of his Left Hand on the dangers they were getting themselves in once again. D just blocked it out like normal and yet he seemed to reason with his parasite. He knew the dangers ahead. A new threat of vampires and a new Count had taken shelter in an old castle. D thought in his mind how similar this adventure would be to the ones had before. But D will learn that the vampires are not the ones to fear this time. It was a far greater threat in store for him.

When he arrived to a small town the sheriff named Henry Hellenburg confronted him. Hellenburg was a tall rusty looking fellow. His eyes were kind but he appeared ruff and raged. D of course barely spoke but Hellenburg expected that from what he heard about the Vampire Hunter.

"Listen hear Vampire Hunter these are no ordinary vampires. They seem to be wild and out of control unlike their nobility standards. They seem to kill everything in their path. They seem to be different some how. Know whether you can do the job is questionable at least." Said Hellenburg in a rough tone.

D nodded and only asked was he could put his stallion at. He barely spoken only nodded then in a sudden twirl he felt dizzy and his heart pounded as he turned to see a beautiful young girl walk by. Her blacken hair and beautiful blue eyes seem to amuse D in ways he never felt before. In a motion he turned to Hellenburg and asked, "Who is that girl?"

Hellenburg shrugged and said that there are a lot of girls that come here. Sometimes they pass by to hear like most people do. Hellenburg kept talking but D seemed interest in the girl. He felt he knew her more then ever. He felt she was special and maybe she was.

Once he settle into a room in which Hellenburg set up for him in a small cottage house that Hellenburg owned D got to work. But the Hand kept talking about the girl and how D was "aroused" by her. D of course said nothing then after awhile said he was going to chop him off. Of course the Hand kept his lid shot for the remainder of the night until the breaking of day when D was ready to learn more about the vampires and maybe the girl.

D left and went to a cavern were he saw everyone in town but the girl. He was disappointed but didn't say anything. Hellenburg came over and explained very little knowledge of the vampires. All he said was they move in pacts and they don't appear human like yet they kill like a vampire. D realized he may not be dealing with vampires then again he never knew. Then in corner of his eye the girl appeared and she walked to him. Hellenburg nodded and left as she sat down in the chair next to D at the bar.

"So you are the Vampire Hunter." She stated.

D nodded and felt sharp pains in his head once again but ignored it.

"You don't talk much. That's very interesting and very noble of you or ignorant." She stated and laughed.

"What's your name?" D asked.

"My name is Sara and you I assume are D."

He nodded and then in surprising statement she said, "You're a Dunpeal. Am I right?"

He looked at her and nodded and then asked, "How did you know?"

"Because I am one as well and I can sense others like me."

D was confused and almost stunned by her words. He was almost realized as well. To find another of his kind was almost beautiful and calming.

They walked out together and talked some more. D began to realize maybe he found his soul mate. This was a girl he can love forever.