Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire Hunter Six ❯ Six's Story ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue:

My name is Rebecca Hamilton, but most call me Six. Before I was born my mother was kidnapped by vampires. Five years later my mother returned to her family, but she was not alone. I was with her. I was only a few months old at the time. My father knew I wasn't his, but he took me in any way. He was overjoyed that his wife had returned to him and she was unchanged, still human.

For the next three years we moved around the country side trying to stay one step ahead of my real father, Count Feodus Rex. But one cold November night our luck had run out. We were attacked while we slept. First the Count's mutants killed my father and two of my brother, Jeff and Tom. Next he tortured my mother while my brother Greg and I were forced to watch. I can still remember him screaming my name as he ripped away my mother's flesh.

He tortured her until Greg, my oldest brother, couldn't watch any more. Greg tried to attack the Count, he tried to save our mother, but the witch got to him first. She uttered some kind of spell which left him paralyzed. Then my mother couldn't take it any more. She looked at me as I hid, then back at Rex.

"You want to know what happen to our daughter vampire. We killed her." She screamed. "I never wanted to have the demon spawn, the monster. We killed her. We cut off her head and left her disgusting corpse to rot in the des…..." The Count thrust him hand through my mother's chest before she could finish. With one blow he had ripped her heart out. Her body fell to the ground in a pool of blood. I was too sad to cry, and too afraid to move. I just watched my mother's body lay there as Rex and his mutants left.

For the first time in my life I felt the hunger. I didn't understand what it was, but I had the urge to crawl over to her body, and drink her blood. But fear kept me in my place, and I stayed huddled in my little ground hog cave until morning came.

Some how I was able to crawl out of my cave, and into the sunlight. The only thing left of my brother Greg was a pile of his clothes, and a crow laying next to them. I didn't find out until night time that that crow was my brother Greg. As soon as the sunset the bird transformed back in to my brother. The witch had put a curse on him making him into a changeling, a crow by day, and human by night. We traveled around for five more years until I was eight and my brother was thirteen. We did odd jobs to buy food and clothes.

It was sometime during that summer when Greg told me the truth. That my real father was Rex, and that I was a Dunpeal. It has now been thirteen years since I learned the truth. Now I'm ready, willing, and able to take on any who get in my way, and no vampire is safe from my vengeance.