Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ A Love Reveal ❯ A Restless Night ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Knight or its characters Matsuri Hino does.
Author’s Note: Well here’s the second chappie, I hope y’all like it! Please R&R!
Chapter 2 A Restless Night
Yuki dashed into her room, disregarding curious stares from her fellow classmates that stood in the hallway chattering away. Closing the door with a loud bang she made for her bed right away, falling facedown on it. Grabbing her pillow from above her head she hugged it tightly against her chest burying her face into it. Tears poured out freely without ceasing to stop, she was greatly confuse and at a loss of how to handle the situation. How did one deal with something like this?
The worst of it was she had actually liked the kiss but she always saw Zero has a friend. What did it mean? It was her first kiss and she always thought Kaname would be her first. What would happen now?
***
Zero restlessly paced back and forward under Yuki’s window trying to decide whether to go talk to her or leave her be. He had not intended to confess to her his feelings like that, it just slipped out before he could think twice. Zero glanced at Yuki’s window to see it was completely dark in her room however that did not mean she was sleeping. She was probably crying right now and it was his entire fault.
Zero pushed his hand into his silver locks feeling guilt take over. Maybe it was best he left her alone for now, he would talk to her tomorrow. Once he made up his mind he made his way to the headmaster’s office. He had no one he could confide in about his currently problem and the only one he could probably talk to was the headmaster, something he did not really want to do but he was desperate.
Zero was in front of the headmaster’s door in a matter of minutes. He stared at the door for a minute thinking maybe it was a bad idea of talking to the headmaster about this but in the end he opened the door and entered. The room was dimly lit with no one in it; Zero looked around but did not find the headmaster here. When he decided to leave he turned around and found himself face to face with the headmaster.
Jumping back Zero exclaimed, “Don’t sneak up on me like that!”
A big smile crossed the headmaster’s face as happily said, “I wasn’t sneaking up on you. This is my office so there is no reason why I should knock on my own door. I am amaze that Yuki isn’t here with you, you two are inseparable.”
“Well…me and Yuki kinda had a fight.” Zero said looking down to the floor.
“Wait let me guess what it was! You at last confessed your feelings to Yuki and kissed her. Then she took off crying to her dorm, am I right?”
Frozen with shock Zero stared up immediately at the headmaster saying, “That’s too much of a good guess. How did you know?”
The headmaster placed his hands behind his back and proudly said, “Zero, Zero I know everything that goes on in my school that is how I knew.”
The headmaster began to walk to his chair when Zero stopped him by placing his hand on his shoulder. Turning to look at Zero he saw an angry look on Zero‘s face, he felt his face drain of color by Zero’s look.
“Why is there a leaf in your hair and why is there dirt on your pants?” Zero asked suspicion evident in his voice.
“I-I was looking for m-my contact on the ground. I had lost it.” The headmaster answered sweat appearing on his face.
“You don’t wear contacts, now tell me the truth!” Zero replied squeezing the headmaster’s shoulder tightly.
“Alright, alright I confess I was hiding in the bushes when you told Yuki that you loved her. I happened to be by the place where you two were talking and I hid in the bushes so you two would not notice me. Are you happy now?” The headmaster confessed in a hurry.
Zero released the headmaster’s shoulder saying, “No I am not happy, you should not have been listening it was a private affair.”
“I always knew you had feelings for Yuki, it was a matter of time before you told her.” The headmaster said shrugging his shoulders and winced slightly at the pain he felt in the shoulder that Zero had squeezed.
“I probably should’ve never said anything; I don’t want her to hate me.”
“Ah, don’t worry about that, Yuki won’t hate you. It’s true she’s upset about this but that doesn’t mean she hates you. Just give her time to take it in and I know she will get over the shock.”
“Yeah I know, it’s just I did not want to lose her to Kaname. She confessed to me that she was in love with Kaname and I couldn’t hold back my feelings anymore. At first I decided to never let her know how I felt but then I couldn’t bear the thought of her and Kaname together. I have decided to win her over and make her fall in love with me.”
“I applaud your decision but I must warn you that Kaname will not let you take Yuki so easily, he’s in love with her too.” The headmaster said gravely.
Zero nodded his head in understanding; he knew Kaname would fight him for Yuki’s affection. In fact he was looking forward to battling with Kaname, he never liked the guy and this would be a good excuse to punch the bastard out.
“Thanks for the reassure headmaster, I was unsure whether to talk to you or not but you proved to be a good listener.”
The headmaster beamed with pride at those words and said, “Anytime you wish to talk Kiryu I am here to listen. Don’t ever hesitant to talk to me, I may not act serious at times but I can be serious when the time calls for it.”
Surprise etched into Zero’s face at hearing those words, he did not ever expect to hear those words from the headmaster. He nodded in understanding and turned to go out of the office.
“Wait Zero! I have something else to tell you.” The headmaster called out.
Zero glanced back to look at the headmaster waiting for him to continue.
“You look really pale; do you want to drink some of my blood to regain some color?” The headmaster asked with hope.
An anger mark appeared on Zero as he punched the headmaster in the face shouting, “NO!” Zero made his way to the door without even glancing back at the headmaster who was on the ground rubbing his sore face.
“I just wanted to help make you feel better.” The headmaster said to Zero’s retreating back.
“You think that would make me feel better?” Zero retorted slamming the office door.
“Man, how could I think he had changed?” Zero mumbled to himself making his way to his room.
With everything that happened today he was exhausted but he was not sleepy though. When he reached his room he opened the door and went inside. He flipped his light switch on to see where he put his blood tablet. He hated taking those things but he had no choice if he did not, he might attack a human again. That was something he would not let himself do ever again even if it meant he had to take those awful pills to fight the craving of wanting to attack a human.
Spotting the dreaded pill on his desk he picked them up and popped them into his mouth. He swallowed them instantly, a shudder pass over him when he felt them hit the bottom of his stomach. The desire of drinking Yuki’s blood crossed his mind at that moment and he had to push the idea out before it controlled him. He swore he would never again bite her and he meant to keep it.
He took off his shirt in one easy motion and dropped it on the floor not caring where it landed. His pants were next to come off; they joined his shirt on the ground among with his shoes. Zero flipped the light switch off and his room became dark with only the moonlight pouring in through the open window as the only light source.
Zero crossed his room to the open window to close it and he then made his way to his medium size bed. His footsteps padded softly against the carpet floor making no noise at all. He did not have a hard time reaching his bed in the dark since his eyes were now adjusted to looking in the dark because he was now one of those accursed vampires. He pulled the blanket back and flopped down on the bed. He covered himself with the blanket and waited for sleep to steal over him but it did not. Thoughts of Yuki crying kept him from dozing off so he knew this night he would not be sleeping at all.
Author’s Note: Don’t forget to leave me a review!