Vandread Fan Fiction ❯ Vandread 3rd Stage: The Neo Harvest ❯ The First Battle ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hello, hello! I’m back again! I would like to say that characters might/will seem OOC. So without further ado, I bring to you:
Chapter 4 The First Battle
Parfait and Hibiki were currently helping Dita fix up her Dread when Meia walked in. “Hey, Hibiki, come here!” she called. “Okay!” he called back, “Be right back you guys.”

“What did you want?” he asked slightly annoyed that he was disrupted from his work. “I wanted to ask about this morning,” she replied smirking. “Um… I… she… we… um….” he stuttered. “So what’s been going on between you two?” she asked, “You guys seem a lot closer than before.” “Okay, I’ll tell you but don’t tell anyone got it?” She smiled and said, “Since when did I become the Gossip Queen?” “I guess you’re right, you’re one of the most mature crewmembers. Anyway Jura’s the Gossip Queen!” he replied chuckling. She chuckled as well.

“Well I think I’m gonna ask Dita if she’ll marry me eventually.” She smiled again, “Looks like you’re growing up. The last time you were so serious about her was when you were about to leave for Tarak!” “Okay I told you, now go!” he told her. She giggled and kissed him on the cheek. “Women!” he muttered returning to Dita and Parfait.

“So what did Meia want?” asked Parfait curiously. Hibiki noticed Dita poke her head out from the cockpit. “She… she um,” he stuttered racking his brain for an excuse, “She just asked for some advice!” Parfait thought he was either lying or leaving something out.

When they finished Hibiki took a nap while Dita cooked him something.

When he woke the first thing he saw was Dita holding a plate of beef, chicken, and rice. “Here I made this for you,” she said handing it to him. “Hey thanks!!” he replied taking the plate and gobbling it up. She sat beside him giggling at his eating habits.

When he finished he placed the plate beside him and exclaimed, “That was the best meal ever!!!!” That sat in silence for what seemed like an eternity (but it was really only a few minutes! He he!) Then Dita began scooting closer to Hibiki and eventually laid her head on his shoulder. Hibiki was about to say something when the enemy alert went off.

“Damn!” he cursed getting up reluctantly, “Come on.” The two quickly headed for the hangar.

Outside were large flagships. “Meia! Come on!” Hibiki yelled as he flew to her. They fused as the ships began releasing Cube-types.

“Got a plan Hibiki?” asked Meia hopefully. “Just one,. ATTACK!” he said.

The two flew at one ship dodging the Spindles and Cube-types. As they neared it they were batted away by a barrier. “Damn” Hibiki yelled as they tried attacking it again and again but to no avail.

That’s when Hibiki heard Dita scream. She was under attack! He immediately de-fused and combined with Dita. “Are you okay?” he asked while they attacked the drones. “Ye… yeah. Thanks,” she replied.

“Bart! Do your thing!” Meia ordered. “You got it!“ yelled the navigator as he blasted all of the lesser enemies with ease.

One flagship had began charging up it’s beam and fired at the Nirvana. Bart narrowly dodged it as did Barnette’s team. “Are you guys okay?” asked Jura. “Yeah!” they replied.

“Are you ready Hibiki?” Dita asked looking back at him. “Yeah! Let’s go!” he replied pressing his hands down on the control pads along with hers. They fired the twin lasers at one and the rest soon followed suit. But the shots were all nullified by a barrier around the ship. “Damn!” cursed Hibiki, “Our attacks did nothing!”

One fired a beam and it hit the Vandread dead-on. The two screamed as they were thrown back.

“That’s it! Now those bastards die!!” said Hibiki. The two maneuvered. Their mech to one side of it. They put a lot of their strength into stabbing threw the barrier which they succeeded in. Then they finished it off with the double beams.

“Good job, “ commended Meia. Hibiki and Dita smashed the other shield and were assisted by the rest of the fleet on taking it out. But as it exploded a hole opened and something cloaked flew out.

The thing dashed at Vandread Dita hitting it unexpectedly. “AAAAAAHHHHH!” Dita screamed. “Calm down, damn it!” Hibiki hissed. They stood there continuously getting hit waiting for the right moment. Then it him them in the chest and they pressed down and smashed the thing. It’s cloaking device then deactivated. It was an updated Vandread Dita copy. Then they blasted it while it was stunned. Everyone cheered as they returned to the Nirvana.

That night the Nirvana was having a party for their victory. Hibiki was making his way there while deep in thought. He was thinking back to when he first met Dita.

He was escaping from the prison cell when her Dread crashed inside the Ikazuchi. When she ran into him she dubbed him “Mr. Alien” and chased him all over the place. Then when he joined the Nirvana she followed him everywhere, watched everything he did, always wanted to combine with him in battle, and was always trying to make him happy.

He chuckled slightly at the memory. “Hurry up Hibiki!” Barnette called. “Alright! I’m coming” he yelled back. He looked into the room and saw everyone. He saw Duero and Parfait talking at he table. He saw the women he had come to call family just enjoying themselves.

“So you’ve decided to join us,” said Magno smiling. “Yeah, sorry I’m late! I had a lot on my mind,” he replied smiling as well.

He looked over his shoulder and saw Dita sitting alone at on of the many tables. He walked up behind her and placed his hand on her shoulder. “Hey, waitin’ for someone?” he asked her smiling. She turned and her eyes got all starry. “Oh Hibiki!” she said excitedly, “I’ve been waiting for you!” She hugged him tightly.

He blushed slightly but returned the embrace. “Oooh! Look at the cute wittle couple!!” squealed Bart as he walked up looking and sounding obviously drunk, he even had a bottle in his hand. There was a flash of light and Hibiki noticed the camera in his other hand. “Nighty, night!” the navigator said before passing out.

Come on Hibiki! Let’s dance!” said Dita pulling him to the floor where some crewmembers were dancing. “Uh… no way…. I ….um…. I can’t dance!” he said looking down blushing. “It’s easy! I’ll teach you!” she replied putting on her cutest smile. “Okay! Fine!” he said giving up.

TBC