Vandread Fan Fiction ❯ What do you think? ❯ Dita ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, I've decided. There will be nine chapters. Why? I like that number. I always have. I like the number nine.
 
Disclaimer: Vandread, all characters, places, events, terminology, and sex references in Vandread are completely out of my circle of power. However, that will soon change as I slowly take over the minds of Gonzo through mass subliminal messaging. Soon, all will bow down to me as I, the almighty wolfensoul9, take over the world through Vandread. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Note: This plot is entirely fictitious, I have no plans for a world takeover, no means of subliminal messaging, no henchmen, no nukes, in fact, I have shit. Of course, that CAN be a rather powerful weapon in its own right.
Note 2: Whoa, sorry about that, everything from “disclaimer” to “right” was typed by a little demon in my head that periodically comes out to do evil things.
 
Chapter eight: Dita
 
 
“Dita is such an awfulperson!”
These were the thoughts that ran through the young woman's head as she raced along the unfamiliar corridors of the Nirvana. On most other days, she would not have entered this area of the Nirvana. That is, unless one of her chases with Hibiki just so happened to lead her there.
“Ditais so cruel!”
Tears...
Her tears spilled from her eyes. Falling to the floor.
Soundless… and yet…
And yet…
“M-mr. Alien… Oh Mr. Al-al-alien I-I'm so-o-o so-or-ry!” Her speech pattern was broken, unrelenting sobs took their toll on the poor girl.
Dita's breaths came in faster and harder, she was so tired. But what did it matter? She didn't deserve a rest. No… certainly not she.
Dita tripped and fell to the floor with a large bump.
Dita is a heartless monster!”
Pain… pain everywhere. It was amazing… how could she... she who had done such an act… how could she still feel pain? Pain is a natural part of being human. So… how is it that she could still feel it? She wasn't human. No… Not after what she had done…
(flashback)
 
 
^Analysis complete^
“Wha- who said that?” Hibiki looked around the room, eyes searching for some unseen object.
Dita giggled at Hibiki's paranoia. “Oh Mr. Alien, always trying so hard to defeat the bad aliens…”
“Don't worry Mr. Alien; it was just the nice computer.” “He's going to tell us what happened to you.”
Hibiki just looked at her with a scrutinizing stare. “You do realize that the computer is neither a he or she, right?”
But Dita just kept smiling and said happily “Of course Mr. Alien!
Hibiki sighed. She was hopeless.
“Simply hopeless…” Hibiki thought to himself.
Why was it that she was so extraordinarily happy to be with him? It was strange… her smile always got bigger and her eyes… oh her eyes…
“What the hell is wrong with you?!” “Snap out of it!” “They're just eyes!”
“Just a pair of blue eyes…” “That's all…”
“So big and blue…”
They were still together, Dita blissful in Hibiki's arms… he began to feel strange… his mouth was awfully dry, and his face felt like he was in the middle of the A.L.T.I.S. He could feel his heart beat faster with every thump as he looked at that ever-present smile on her heart-shaped face; her breath was calm and rhythmatic. His on the other hand, was quickening its pace, and he felt his chest start to go up and down faster. Normally, Hibiki really wouldn't have noted this. But as he stared at that alien-obsessed girl, with all of her unforgiving cuteness as she lay on his shirt and clutching his arms around her so happily, he attempted to suppress it for fear of disturbing her from her rest.
“Shelooks so…”
“I just…”
“Ahh…”
“I…”
Hibiki's mind was racing its own self. He did indeed feel strange. Stranger than even he usually felt when around Dita. His face could now rival Dita's hair, he swore he could feel his pulse through vibrations on the bed, and he began to feel a familiar shiver run down his spine…
Even though Hibiki's thoughts were all ajumble (yes, I know that's not a word) one seemed to force it's way through the mass of confusion that he was feeling…
“I just want that happiness of hers to last forever…”
He felt so confused. What was this that he was feeling? How could a tough man like him be so easily corrupted? And by her no less! Hadn't he always only considered her an annoyance?! Would she never cease her incessant callings of “Mr. Alien”?! Why did she call him that anyways?!
And besides, how could it be, that he who had been told all his life that women were the enemy, now finds himself holding one in his arms? And… was he stroking her hair?! His eyes moved from their nervous resting place; the ceiling, to his right hand. Indeed he was.
It was becoming increasingly frequent, that Hibiki found himself acting not entirely according to his will. And, after further analysis, he realized that this happened only when Dita was around. He moved his eyes once again to the girl resting her head against him. How could it be? Merely a couple months ago, this sort of situation would have, dare he say it… frightened him.
But now… now he felt that his liver was perfectly safe. And in fact…
Could it possibly be…?
Was… was he enjoying it?! Well… he did rather like it how she would constantly endeavor to make her friends happy… she was so much different from all of the jackasses back on his home planet, that's for sure. And the way she would always do her very hardest to make sure that he especially was never without her smile. The way her eyes would plead for him to come to her room
The way she would always happily search for him every day; always wanting to be with him…
 
NO! What was he thinking?! This was madness! Yes, surely that was the reason for his strange behavior. Madness, yes, that's it. Nothing a little food couldn't solve. When was the last time he had eaten…?
 
Dita was so happy. She didn't know what had made Hibiki allow her to be in such close proximity to him. Normally, Hibiki would try and run away, or yell at her for being such a “baka”. And yet, here they were, she with her head on his chest using his breathing to quietly lull herself to sleep. Needless to say, Dita was relishing in every second that she was comfortably nestled in his arms. She was confused as to why he would allow her to remain next to him, normally such physical contact was greeted by pushing Dita and her hug away… But that made no difference now.
No, what mattered now was that she was finally with her “uchiijin-san” (anybody know the correct spelling, please inform me). Her efforts had not been in vain. She had succeeded, if only for the moment, but ah, what a momentous moment that was.
Complete peace and happiness…desire for nothing else…
What a rarity that is for humans… to be completely fulfilled.
Yes, what a rarity indeed.
Yes… at last.
“Dita… is so happy…”she quietly thought to herself as she sighed contentedly and began to drift off to sleep on cloud nine.
Hibiki started to realize that Dita was falling asleep. He watched her eyelids droop over the obviously exhausted girl. Even though he knew she had probably just woken up from her… erm… little nap… he had the vague notion that Dita didn't get much rest in it. Why? He had no idea.
The image of Dita on top of him for hours made his face turn magenta and his, oddly already very queasy, stomach even more upset. He tried to make some conversation so as to keep her awake.
“So… uh… w-where is everyone?” Hibiki could barely get the words out. His tongue felt swollen, for some reason.
“Mmm… wha… sorry… so tired…” Dita sighed as she semi-consciously tried to wake herself up.
Hibiki's vision started to blacken. It was brief, but the room was enclosed in dark for a split second before returning to normal.
“I… the crew… where's… Duero?”
“I… Unnh!”
His stomach began to feel like someone was forcing a rock through it from the inside out.
“Hur… Arrgh!”
Dita's eyes snapped open. She instantly removed her weight from Hibiki.
“Mr. Alien! Oh, what's wrong?!” “Are you okay?!” “Tell me where it hurts!” Dita's voice was near overridden with panic.
With the absence of additional pressure, Hibiki found the pain to go down enough to enable conversation.
“Dita… my stomach… please…” Hibiki wheezed.
“Ah… listen to me… I sound so weak… asking, no…. pleading for help! His hand balled into a fist. What was wrong with him?!
“Get up! Get up dammit!”
Hibiki raised his head off the pillow and found that he could no longer see. The room was not there. Nothing was.
“What… the hell?” He said shakily and began to move his arms around, trying to get some sort of reaction from his eyes.
 
The sight of Hibiki waving his arms, looking for all the world like death himself was certainly distressing to his companion.
“Mr. Alien!” “Please, what should I do?!” Dita cried, hoping that somebody would come to her aid.
Water…
“I don't know! Figure out what the hell is wrong with me!” Hibiki yelled.
Water, water everywhere…
“I must helpMr. Alien!” “I will save Mr. Alien, and then… then maybe he'll be so happy that he'll come to my room!”
“He WILL be alright, Dita will make sure of that!” She thought to herself as she raced to the computer.
But not a drop to drink…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(flashback end)
Dita lay on the floor, her hair, once so neat and tidy, lay strewn about, covering her body like a blanket. She dared not remember the rest. She didn't want to remind herself of what she did.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dita killed Hibiki.
No authors notes.