Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ An Escaflowne what if... ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3

"Wha…" Alex gasps as she sits up straight in bed and looks around. "Where am I?"

"Shhh… it's alright. Calm down." Says a masculine voice from beside her.

Alex turns her head to the side, just then noticing her hair has been taken down from its messy bun. " Oh… it's you." She says in surprise.

"What? You didn't think I'd leave a pretty thing like you under the care of my men did you?" The tall man, from the night before, replies laughing. Just then Alex takes notice of the other several men in the room. She looks at them sizing them up.

"Oh. I'm sure I could have handled them." Alex replies in a bored tone. "And you are?" She asks, turning back to the tall man know noting he has long golden blond hair that hangs past his shoulder and down his back. She also noticed that he had the most beautiful blue eyes ever. Wait a minute! Where'd that come from! "Oh…what? Did you say something?" Alex asks, startled, she suddenly realizes he is waiting for a response from her.

Turning he called out to his men. "Leave us." Turning back to face Alex he answers her. "Yes, I believe I was, that is before you got that far away look in your eyes." He answers sending Alex a dazzling smile.

Alex shrugs. "Oh. Sorry. I was just thinking about stuff."

She replies nonchalantly.

"That's alright Alexandra, I was just introducing myself. My name is Allen Schezar. A knight in shinning armor I suppose, and I'm at your service of course."

"What did you just call me?" Alex asks startled once again. "How do you know my name? No ones has called me that since…since, well it been to long! I can't remember! Anyways, the names Alex."

"Alex? But that a…"

Alex sighs. "A boys name. I know. Lots of people say that."

"Well isn't it?" Alex shoots a glare at him, causing him to become flustered.

"It's my name!" Alex answers in a huff. "Do I look like a boys?"

Allen laughs at that, since he has recovered from his floundering for something to say. "No not at all…at least not from where I'm sitting." He answers mischievously, while looking directly at her well-proportioned breasts. He meets glare and smiles his dazzling smile at her, once again.

Alex immediately reacts and makes to slap Allen right in the face. She is surprised when she finds her hand meets resistance. He had blocked her. How dare he. She had every right to slap him and he wasn't letting her. "Hey! Let go!" Alex complains while trying to twist her wrist out of Allen's grip.

"What? So you can hit me? Now why do I have the sneaking suspicion that's not going to happen Alexandra?" Allen smirks while grabbing Alex's second wrist when she try's once again to hit him. Suddenly Alex went completely still in his grasp.

"I will kill you in you sleep." Alex whispered into Allen's ear.

"Why, because I won't give you the satisfaction of hitting me?" Allen whispered back to her in an amused voice.

"Nooooo. It's because you called me Alexandra." Alex responded in sickly sweet voice. At that Allen laughed right out loud.

"I look forward to seeing you then." Allen answered when he had finally gotten his laughter under control.

"I've changed my mind." Alex hisses as she twists her wrists out of Allen's grip. "I've decided it will be more rewarding if I do it now." And with that she pushed Allen off of his chair and onto the ground, while somehow managing to pull out one of her many concealed daggers as Allen drags her down with him. As Allen hits the floor he found a very sharp silver dagger digging into his throat. "Now how about we get down to business, shall we?" Alex asked in an icy tone of voice.

"Of course." Answered Allen calmly. "Now what business would that happen to be?" He asked.

"Don't be stupid, it might just get your throat slit." She pushed the blade tighter against Allen's throat. "Where are you keeping Hitomi? Is she all right? You'd better not have hurt her!"

At that Allen laughed. Him hurt Hitomi? Even if he wished to it wasn't likely he'd be able to. The King of Finalia was guarded her like she means the world to him since they had reached the castle. In fact it was quiet obvious to everyone but Von and Hitomi that that was exactly what she means to him! How could two people be so blind! "Ha! Like I could have actually managed to harm your little friend, or didn't you know? Lady Hitomi has a new guard dog. I do believe his name is Von, though it's a pity he's sick and neither one of them realize." With this stated Allen once again burst out laughing.

"What? What do you mean sick?" Alex asked startled. "Is it contagious? Has Hitomi caught it?" At this Allen laughed even harder. "This isn't at all funny!" Alex explodes exasperation when Allen doesn't answer her. "Shut up already, will you!"

At the Allen grabs Alex's wrist and flips her under him, using the weight off his lower body and holding her hands above her head he managed to keep her pinned to the ground. "Tut tut Alexandra. One must never forget his manners." He managed to tell her some time in between laughs. Finally he quieted down. "The sickness that King Von has is indeed contagious, and it is in my opinion that Hitomi has alredy caught it." He had to stop for a moment fore he couldn't help but laugh at that point. After his laughter had subsided Alex cleared her throat pointedly and Allen continued. "Anyways as I was saying, the sickness is called love."

"What!?!"

"Oh you know, love sick."

"What!?!"

"Well I thought it was funny."

"What!?!"

"Oh come on Alexandra. Come off it." Allen finally says frustrated with her apparent disbelieve.

"Are you serious? Hitomi in love! That must be why!" Alex finally manages to spit out.

"Wait a minute, hold it. What must be why? What are you talking about?"

"Oh never mind. Does she know?"

"Know what?"

"That she's in love you idiot!"

"Well I suppose she does, but I don't believe he does."

"Well of course!"

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"It means all men are idiots when it comes to love."

"Oh and I suppose you're an expert?"

"I didn't say that!"

"You were implying it!"

"Was not!"

"Were too!"

"Was not!"

And so it continued long into the night.