Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ An Escaflowne what if... ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2

Alex sits there on the ground for several hours as memories came flooding back mercilessly. This is what she remembers.

* * * * *

A young girl sits under a tree in a park near her house at the hunted hour of twelve. She's thinking of the day just past. Of the gift she holds in her hand given to her by hers and Hitomi's grandmothers, the silver necklace with the pink stone that is shining brightly. What a second! The girl, Alex, is shocked out of her thoughts. The stone hadn't been glowing before! Suddenly there is a flash, almost like lightning, and a bright column of light appears around her. Alex feels like she's being pulled by something, and notices her feet are no longer touching the ground. Then in an instant everything goes black.

Alex later wakes up in a dark forest, and she is not alone.

* * * * *

Suddenly Alex snaps out of her daydream. "I've got to get her back!" Alex whispers to her self. "Or she might be lost in Geae forever just like I almost was." Alex gets up and dusted of her blue jeans and starts to head for home. "I can't just sit around all day pray it was just a dream. I've got to go after her, no matter how much I don't want to take the chance of getting trapped there again. She's like a sister to me!"

A day later Alex sits in her room preparing herself for what she is about to do. She is wearing her favorite pair of black, flared jeans and red tube top. With her brand new Sketchers, and she has her hair up in a messy bun. She checks and rechecks her backpack and duffel bag making sure she hasn't forgotten a thing. She finishes up by strapping her sword on around her waist. Then taking a deep breath Alex reaches for her necklace where it is sitting upon the top of her dresser. "Well hear goes nothing." She says to herself as she is suddenly lifted up off her feet and disappears.

Alex awakens in the darkness of a forest to the sound of distant voices. "The stranger!" Alex exclaims suddenly as she recognizes one of the voices. Struggling to her feet Alex makes her way towards the distant sound. Finally she comes to a clearing, and discovers the stranger that fought the dragon and another taller man facing off with swords in hands. Hitomi is lying on the ground propped up in front of a tree seemingly unconscious. Running up to were her friend lies Alex yells over her shoulder, while trying to awaken her friend. "What happened? What did you do to her? Why is she like this?"

The taller man comes to stand by Hitomi just as Alex starts to rise to her feet. "She hit her head when she fainted, and I believe she has a fever." He says softly. "Do you know her?"

"Do I know her? Do I know her? She's like a sister to me! Of course I know her! I've known her all my life!" Alex exclaims loudly. "What did you do to her?" Alex reaches for her sword.

"I wouldn't." Says the tall man calmly. He then puts a gloved hand over hers on the handle of her sword, in order to restrain her.

"Why not! Answer my question! What have you done to her?" Alex demands wildly.

"Calm your self, fore I have done nothing!" The man answered, this time more forcibly. The pressure on her hand increasing as Alex fights to be free of it. The man is strong; Alex has to admit to that.

"How do we know that? You're probably lying!" Says the stranger from before, speaking for the first time, since Alex showed up.

Suddenly, as if in response to the stranger, Hitomi groans, and starts to open her eyes.

The stranger runs to Hitomi's side. "Hitomi! Hitomi, can you hear me, are you alright?" He asks in a frantic voice.

"Von? Von is…is that you Von?" Hitomi stutters. She tries to stand up, but only falls back down again. The man named Von catches her, his messy brown hair falling in front of his brown eyes, shielding them from view.

"Yes Hitomi it's me." He answers.

"So you do know her." The tall man says almost to him self. "I thought you were the man that she said tried to rob her, just before she fainted."

"Robb her? Is that what happened Hitomi?" Alex asks in a frightened voice. "I knew you should have taken the Karate lessons with me!" But Hitomi couldn't hear her. She had passed out again.

"We can take her to my Castle." Speaks up the tall man again. "Then we can discuses what to do at that point." At that the tall man motions for Von to pick up Hitomi and follow him as he starts off towards his Castle after picking up a protest Alex in his arms. "You're obviously to tired to try make the trip yourself so quite!" The man replies to her complaints, and indeed he is right, fore Alex finds she is almost asleep in moments. Apparently the trip takes a lot more out of you if you mean to come to this world. Alex thinks to her self as she drifts to sleep.