Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ An Unexpected Ally ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


"Piece of junk!!"Dilandau snapped bitterly, staring up at his guymelef. It had quit on him after a long and hard battle. The Dragon Slayers looked at each other nervously, and Dalet stepped forward.

"Lord Dilandau, I remember seeing a guymelef repair shop in the village about a mile away." He suggested. Dilandau turned around and Dalet waited to feel the sting of Dilandau's glove, but to his surprise, Dilandau agreed.

"Good idea, Dalet. For once, you know what you're talking about." He turned back to his guymelf. Miguel placed his hand on Dalet's shoulder.

"Calm down, Dalet. He's just mad about his guymelef, that's all. You have lots of great ideas all the time." Dalet looked at him greatfully.

"Thanks, Miguel." They then left the clearing with Dilandau standing on the shoulder of Viole's guymelef as they flew off to the nearby village.


They landed and Dilandau jumped down, starting to look for the shop. They were getting several stares, but Dilandau ignored them. Miguel stopped a nearby villager.

"Excuse me, but where is the guymelef repair shop?"

"The repair shop is just around the corner." He answered, then walked away.

"It's over there, Lord Dilandau." Miguel told him, pointing to a large building.

Dilandau entered the building to see a huge guymelef looking down at him. He glanced around and also saw several men walking around. One of them stopped by and asked him if there was something he wanted.

"Where's the head mechanic?" He asked.

"Over working on that guymelef." He said, pointing to the giant by the exit door. There were sparks flying out of the leg. Dilandau walked over and looked up at a man that was sitting in the control chamber, hitting various buttons. He was about to call up to him when the man shouted,

"Try that, boss!"

"Kay!" Came an answering call, then a small crack, and a "Damn!"

"Sorry, 'bout that, Alex!!"

"Just fix the machine!!! I've got to get this fixed, or I'm in trouble!!"

"Okay, okay!!" He jumped down and walked over to a toolbox, but paused in front of Dilandau. "Can I help you sir?"

"Yeah, I need a mechanic for my guymelef."

"Well, then you need to talk to Alex. She's the one in charge." He said, pointing to the person working on the leg, muttering curses words every now and then. "But be careful not to rub her the wrong way. She's got a temper that could scare the head Dragon Slayer into retirement!" Dilandau raised an eyebrow, then grabbed the man by the shirt.

"Scare ME into retirement? Are you positive about that?" Miguel grabbed Dilandau's arm cautiously.

"Lord Dilandau, please put him down." Dialndau was about to answer when a wrench came flying at him, just missing his neck.

"Put him down. Or next time, I won't miss." A voice hissed. He turned and saw a woman standing behind him dressed in black pants and an oil-stained blue shirt, flipping a dagger in her hand. Dilandau dropped the man, who grabbed his tool box and climbed into the chamber again. The woman stared at him, a cold look in her eye. "I don't care if you the LEADER of Zaibach, you will not come into my shop and stir up trouble, do you understand?" Dilandau raised an eybrow, not liking being ordered around by a woman, but he wasn't about to defy an armed and angry woman when he didn't have any weapons available, so he sighed and nodded. "Good." She turned back around and went back to work on the leg. "So you want me to fix your guymelef?"

"I think that's a correct assumption."

"Where is it? Oww!" She stood, shaking her hand. Dilandau saw a bad cut on her hand, and was surprised when she simply wiped the blood off on a clean part of her shirt, wrapped a clean cloth around the wound amd leaned back down to continue. "Well?"

"It's in the woods, about a mile or two west from here."

"Try that, Alex!!"

"Alright, Kao!" She leaned in, then after a moment, sat up, a satisfied smirk on her face as the motor started running again. "There, done."

"And just in time too!! Here he comes to pick it up!!" Kao shouted, pointing to the door. Dilandau turned, and a hateful sneer formed on his face as he saw Allen walk in. She walked over to him.

"It's fully repaired, Shezar." He looked up at it, a pleased look on his face.

"Perfection, as usual. Good job, Alex." He climbed up and sat down in the chamber, with her climbing up right behind him.

"Now, be careful of that, you were too hard on it before, so go easy. And I had your sword sharpened, you're going a little too rough on it."

"What was wrong with it?"

"You had a fairly large piece of titanium sword stuck inside it. What have I told you about battling people with those kinds of swords!?" He ruffled her hair.

"You lecture me like a mother!!" He teased. "And the same thing every time, too!"

"Well, I've had to tell you so many times, I practically have the entire speech memorized!" She jumped down, landing gently on her feet. "Now go easy on it this time!!" She grabbed a rag and cleaned off her hands while walking over to Dilandau. "So when do you want me to take a look at your guymelef?"

"Now would be a good time."

"Kay, let's go." She walked outside and got on a black horse. "See you there!" Dilandau watched her leave and laughed.

"Does she actually think she'll get there before us just by going on horse back?" He climbed up onto Viole's guymelef and the took off.


They landed and Dilandau stared in shock to see her already there and starting to repair his guymelef. She had opened the chest and was actually inside the guymelef. Dilandau climbed up and looked in to see her working hard. "Having a good time?" He asked, folding his arms and leaning them against the edge, looking down at her with interest. She looked up at him and wiped her forhead off.

"What have you done to this machine? This is the worst damage I've seen in years!" He fought down an angry blush.

"Well, that's what happens when you battle every day without getting a mechanic to look at it!"

"And how long has it been since you last got this guymelef looked at? 5 years!?" She shook her head and went back to work. Dilandau looked down at her work.

"So, have you discovered what's wrong?" She sat up.

"Yeah, it seems that you have encountered Van Fanel, and battled him as well, am I right?" Dilandau looked at her in shock.

"That's right, how did you-" She laughed.

"Oh, I have repaired many guymelefs that have been unfortunate enough to lose a battle with him and I've grown to notice his work." She looked down at his guymelef again. "When he struck you at one point, his sword penetrated far enough that it ruptured some of you gearwork and also left a chunk of titainum in here. Titanium is the worst thing you can get stuck in here."

"Why?" She looked up at him, a weary look on her face.

"If you have to ask, you don't deserve to know. I thought you of all people would know that!" She leaned down and continued. Dilandau watched her skilled hands quickly change bolts, fix shattered gears, and basically repair the guymelef, cleaning away oil in an attempt to see what she was doing. "This is an Alsieds model, right?" Dilandau nodded, mesmerized by her speed. "I thought so. I've repaired alot of these models."


*30~minutes~later*

Dilandau looked up at his guymelef in shock. No other mechanic had repaired his guymelef this well. She wiped her dirty hands off and turned to Dilandau, a small smirk on her face. "All done. The guymelef is fully repaired, I have sharpened the sword, polished the armor and refilled your liquid metal." He looked over at her in shock.

"What? But all you had to do was-"

"Yeah, I know. I was just supposed to fix the problem with the motor. But I like doing extra." Dilandau looked at her in surprise, but quickly recovered.

"Don't think that I'm paying you extra for this though." He muttered, tossing her a small bag of coins. She looked at him with an annoyed look.

"Are you always this arrogant?" He smirked.

"Are you always this easily annoyed?" She stared at him, then shoved his sword at him.

"I sharpened your sword while I was waiting for you to get here, but finished before you arrived. This thing was a mess!" She snapped, walking away briskly towards her horse. She swung up and turned her mount around to face Dilandau. "I hope it works properly for you." She she started her horse at a walk. "I'm not sure I want to run into you again." She called back as she broke out into a gallop. Dilandau watched her leave, his blood boiling.

"I HATE it when I don't get the last word." He muttered under his breath.



A/N: Just a little something that popped into my head at night. The next chapters will be longer. Tell me if I should continue or not. Thanx a bunch!!


Silver Inferno ^_~