Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ An Unexpected Ally ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]










*An~Unexpected~Ally*


~Chapter 2~





Dilandau looked over the country that they were in the middle of attacking and felt the exciting rush he always got during battles. He looked over to Dalet.

"How much of the country have we conquered?"

"Over half, sir."

"Then we need to get moving. We still have more of it left to win over." Dilandau then turned at a loud cry and smirked slightly when he saw Chesta battling with a woman; it surprised him ever so slightly when he saw she had a sword. She knocked him to his knees and drove her sword at him, but he got out of her range quickly and that's when she noticed Dilandau. He watched, a sly smirk on his face as she formed a glare and ran at him; he lazily drew his sword. She met his sword with her own and Dilandau was startled to feel much strength behind her end. Then he realized who she was. A small smile crept across his face, causing her to be on caution. "Well, I guess you had the unfortunate luck to run into me again anyway, Alex." She seemed startled for a moment, then recognized him and an angered sneer crossed her face.

"You." She hissed as she pushed back and came to stop a few feet away.

"I do have a name, you know." She ran at him again, and once again met his sword with amazing power.

"First you threaten my workers, then you insult me, and now you burn down my home, and you think I'm interested in your NAME?!" Suddenly Miguel grabbed her from behind, shocking her and causing her to drop her sword. She twisted in his grip and tried to get out of Miguel's arms. "Cheater!! Turn me loose!!"

"No, I don't think I will." Dilandau said in a teasing voice. He brushed a strand of her midnight black hair out of her eyes, and he then noticed that her eyes were a very unusual silver color. "What shall we do with you..." He placed his hand under her chin slightly, but she jerked out of his grip and hissed at him. "Well, aren't we sassy." He looked up at Miguel. "Take her to the Vione's dungeons until I decide what to do with her." Her pupils seemed to dilate with a slight hint of fear but she struggled to get out of Miguel's grip. Without warning, she slipped out of his clasp and started to bolt but Dilandau quickly gripped her arm and pulled her close so she was pressed against his chest. "I suggest you cooperate, or you might find yourself in a tight position that you can't get out of." And he came down on her in a brutal kiss that cause her to go weak and almost slip out of his arms. She suddenly felt a painful crack in her neck and collapsed in his arms, rendered unconscious. Dilandau simply handed her to Miguel and walked away.


*4~hours~later*


Alex groaned and tried to lift her head, but stopped when it hurt too much. She managed to open her eyes without pain and looked around. From what she could see, she was in a cell in some dungeon.

"I wonder which country is holding me." She muttered to herself, and jumped in shock when an answer came.

"Why you're in Zaibach." A nearby voice hissed. She struggled into a sitting postion and looked over to the bars to see Dilandau standing just outside the door.

"I should have guessed." She muttered, running her fingers through her long hair. Dilandau laughed silently and started to walk over to a near-by desk. She ignored him until she heard the click of keys and looked up in surprise, then disgust formed on her face when she saw him unlock the door, walk in then lock the door behind him. She pulled her knees up to her chest and leaned back against the wall, her arms wrapped tightly around her legs as he walked over to her, the grin of a predator on his face. "Wipe that grin off your face before I do, you jerk." She snapped quietly. Dilandau stopped 3 feet away from the bed, but the smirk remained on his face.

"I do like that attitude you've got." He teased quietly. She looked down at the ground, her thick and tousled bangs hiding her eyes from view. He got to his knees and gently lifted her face, revealing her eyes, and Dilandau was shocked to see tears starting to form. "Alex?" He had taken her as a strong woman, and it surprised him to see her crying.

"Don't you dare start acting like you care about me. You males are all the same and you're all after the same thing. You may pretend like you don't, but it's always the same. Well, I'm not falling for it this time. I am not going to be persuaded to fall in love with you like so many others have convinced me, Dilandau Albatou." she said all of this with an inner fire burning in her eyes, something that almost downright scared Dilandau.

"You think that I brought you here just because of what most dishonerable men want from a woman?" Dilandau asked, annoyance in his voice as he rose to his feet. She laughed rudely and looked away.

"Please, save me your speech. I've heard them all."

"Oh really?" She looked up at him as she stood.

"Let me guess. You were going to go on about me joining your little team of Dragon Slayers because of my skills, and NOT because of, as you so well put it, what most dishonerable men want from a woman, because you're, oh what's a good way to put it, different? honerable? reserved? trustworthy? How about a sadistic, bloodthirsty asshole?" She thought for a moment. "You know? That last one almost fits you, except that it's too mild to discribe you!!" She then turned away from him. Dilandau was getting very annoyed now. He grabbed her by the hair and yanked her back.

"You know? You hit the nail right on the head." And for the second time, he came down on her like a predator, only this time, the kiss was deep and soul-stirring, instead of ruthless and almost painful like the last time. She didn't move at all; didn't fight, but didn't return it. Instead, she remained still, torn between hating it and enjoying the feel of his powerful and skilled mouth against hers. When he pulled away and released her hair, she quickly slipped away and looked at him warily. "But you're also wrong. I do want you to join the Dragon Slayers because of your skill." He turned and walked over to the door. When he was on the other side of the bars, he turned back to her. "Though I wouldn't mind it if by some chance I was able to-" She hissed loudly at him and he left her, steaming. She walked over to the bars and leaned out slightly but instantly pulled back when she saw 4 guards.

"Well, I guess I can forget getting out that way." She looked around for any other way out, but the window had thick bars on it, and there was no other way out so she sighed and leaned back against the wall, sliding down to the ground with a sigh. She hung her head with dispair. "What am I going to do?" She heard footsteps coming down the hall but ignored them. Tension started to build up as she heard whoever it was come inside. Alex sighed and had the intense felling of really wanting her sword now. The door closed, the person inside with her walked over, and she felt someone put their hand on her shoulder. She didn't move for a moment, then slowly looked up.

"Is something wrong?" A man that had a black cloak and teal hair said quietly, concern in his eyes.

"Why would you care?" She asked bitterly, looking away. "You're Folken Strategoes, aren't you?"

"Yes, and may I ask what's wrong?"

"Are you really that slow?"

"Oh, I have already figured it out, I just want you to tell me so I know Dilandau's not exaggerating." Alex looked up at him.

"What exactly did he say?"

"That you're some kind of demon since you're a woman and you can battle with a sword, he had just barely managed to beat you in battle, and the only thing that kept him from losing was the fact that he seduced you."

"That insensitive, arrogant jerk. First of all, I am not a demon, I just happen to know how to use a sword very well, courtesy of my father and guardian. Second, neither of us won the battle. Third, the only thing that kept me from winning was the fact that he cheated and had Miguel grab me from behind." Folken smiled slightly.

"Well, it seems like you've got his personality figured out pretty well." She laughed ever so slightly and looked up at him, half torn between wanting to trust him, and from her past experiences, knowing not to trust him right away. "What was your home country?" She looked down at the ground, but he lifted her chin so she was looking directly into his eyes.

"Arzaz, sir."

"And that was the country that Dilandau attacked this morning, wasn't it?"

"Yes, so can I please go back now? I have a lot of work to do. There's three guymelefs I have to repair, I have seven deadlines to meet, and there's no way my men can do all of it by themselves." Folken seemed interested.

"You're a mechanic?" He asked.

"Yes, now stop trying to change the subject. When can I go back to my home country?!" Folken didn't say anything for a while, then brushed away some of her hair.

"Alex, your country, it...it's been destroyed." Alex's eyes widened with shock.

"It, it's destroyed?" Her arms fell to her sides and she slumped against the wall.

"I'm sorry, Alex. But Dilandau has been known to get carried away. It was not my idea to destroy Arzaz ." She started at the floor, so many emotions swirling around inside her that she had no idea what she felt. "Alex?" She looked up, many emotions revealing how she felt about Dilandau.

"Folken, for the sake of everyone, you'd better not get in my way when I get out. Because I won't think twice about eliminating anybody who gets in the way of what I want, and right now, I want Dilandau Albatou dead." Folken grabbed her hand and stood her up, looking at her with understanding in his eyes.

"Alex, I cannot say that I know how you feel. My home was destroyed too, but I was involved in it's destruction. All I can say is if you insist on avenging your country, please be prepared for consequences." He then turned and left her standing there as he was summoned to the hanger. 15 minutes later, she looked out the window and saw several guymelefs taking off.

"I see they're leaving to mercilessly massacre more people." She muttered as she leaned against the window and watched them fade from view.

"Well, we didn't all leave." Alex rested her forehead against one of the bars and groaned.

"Do you people ever do anything except annoy prisoners?" Dilandau leaned against the bars, a proud grin on his face.

"Of course! We also torture and injure, sometimes even kill the prisoners." She looked at him with a worn out look.

"And I suppose you are the one who tortures them, aren't you?" She said bitterly.

"Not all the time, but once in a while, yeah." He opened the door and walked in, throwing her on guard. "My favorite are the females." Her eyes widened. "But I don't torture them. At least I don't call it torturing. Would you like to see what I do?"

"No thanks." She said, backing up slightly. He approached her.

"Why not? You scared you might like it?"

"No, I know I'll hate it!" He laughed and walked up to her.

"But I don't think I'll give you a choice." He reached for her but she slipped past him and came to a stop by the bars, glaring at him. Dilandau sighed and walked over to her, grabbing onto her arm before she could get away. "Go ahead and fight me. They usually do." He pulled her closer so she was pressed against his chest again. "You ARE quite pretty." She put her hands against his chest and tried to push him away.

"Please, it is SO obvious that you're just like the rest of the men I know."

"What's that mean?"

"It means that you'd talk any girl onto her back, then once you're done get out of her life." Dilandau just stared at her for a moment, then lowered his head and kissed her powerfully. After a moment she pushed him away and struck him across the face. He gripped his cheek and let go of her. Alex stumbled back and fell back against the bed. Dilandau rubbed his cheek and stormed over to her. He grabbed her shoulders and slammed her down against the bed. "You have the nerve to strike me, so you should be able to take the consequences." He glared down at her and she struggled to get away, but he just gripped her wrists harder.

"Let. Me. Go!! Turn me loose NOW!!!" Dilandau frowned at her.

"Shut up. I am not in the mood for your attitude."

"Then tell me when you are and I can give it to you then!!" She snapped. She managed to yank one hand out of his grip, but he grabbed it again and hauled her wrists up above her head.

"Now hold still." Without another word, he lowered his lips down to her neck and started to gently kiss her throat. Alex bit her lip, took a deep breath and shoved her arms up with all her strength, managing to break his grip, and pushed him off the bed. He hit the ground hard with a groan and sucked in a breath. "My back..." He moaned. She sat up and looked down at him.

"Serves you right." He didn't respond ; wasn't able to from the looks of it. "Dilandau?"

"I think...my back, it's..." She got off the bed and to her knees beside him.

"Are you okay?" Suddenly his eyes flashed open, his hand snapped up and he pulled her
down on top of him, then rolled over so he was on top instead.

"Never been better, why?" He said, an arrogant smirk on his face.

"WHY YOU JERK!! HOW DARE YOU ACT LIKE YOUR BACK WAS BROKEN JUST TO GET ME OFF MY GUARD!!!"

"Well, it worked." She was about to respond, but he covered her mouth with his. Alex struggled to pull away, but he just kissed her harder. After a moment, she stopped fighting him. He paused, slightly surprised at the sudden surrender, then pulled away, looking at her. "Why'd you give
up?" He asked, pulling away one hand to brush away a stray strand of hair. She looked at him for a moment, then unexpectantly raked her finges across his cheek, digging in and tearing away four clean strips of flesh. Dilandau instinctivly leapt back, gripping his cheek as blood seeped over his hand.

"To do that!" She snapped, gaining her feet. He was still on the floor, panting hard. After a moment he stood up, still gripping his cheek.

"You are going to pay for this." He muttered bitterly as he walked away, slamming the door behind him.














a/n: it's a miricale!!! i actually managed to write another chapter without any suggestions!!! but since i have now run out of ideas again, i wouldn't mind hearin' them!!!! ja ne!!!


Wild Angel
^_~