Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ An Unexpected Ally ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~~~~IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ THE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~

now that i have your attention: when you start to read this story, it's gonna seem like you skipped a chapter, but trust me, it will make sense when you read the entire thing. so don't stop in the middle of the first paragraph and start lookin' for a chapter that doesn't exist. just read the whole story. then the first paragraph will make sense. there. i'm done. now, you may read the newest chapter to my story.



*An~Unexpected~Ally*



~Chapter 3~





Alex felt the air rushing past her as she fell from the hanger on the Vione. Surprisingly, she wasn't that upset. Actually, she could care less what happened to her now. She had no reason to be around anymore, what with her home country destroyed and her entire family dead thanks to that bloodthirsty albino. *Dilandau...that jerk. I still can't believe he had the nerve to destroy my home country, then actually think I would want to join his Dragon Slayers. General or not, he still has no right to-*

Alex was cut short as she hit the ground. Her back was aching, but that was surprisingly all that hurt. *Have I died? I thought slamming into the ground would hurt more then-* She stopped in mid thought when she realized that she hadn't hit the ground. She turned and was startled to see Dilandau behind her, and his face was set in immense concentration. But what startled her the most was she saw massive wings beating the air as he was trying to pull up. But they were falling too fast already and the most Dilandau could do was protect her from the impact as they fell by slowing down.



Suddenly a searing pain ripped through Dilandau's right wing as it struck a tree and he felt the wing snap instantly. Realizing he couldn't fly properly, he managed to shift around in midair so that when they finally hit the ground, he was on the bottom. Alex sat up and Dilandau managed to prop himself up on his elbows, dispite the terrible throbbing in his back. She stared at his wings, eyes lingering on the right wing which now had half of it hanging at an odd angle. Alex then looked down at him, surprise in her eyes. After a moment she stood up, and he got to his feet. Alex watched as he examined the bone, which was obviously broken.

"Why did you do that?" She asked suddenly. He turned and looked at her, wincing as he accidentally hit a tree branch with his injured wing in the process.

"Do what?" He asked as he walked over to a deep stream with a small waterfall.

"Jump off the Vione after me." She said with a slight hint of annoyance in her voice. Dilandau let the cold water from the waterfall rush over his wing as he looked at her.

"I told you, I want you as a Dragon Slayer, and you won't do much good to me dead." She ran her fingers through her hair and walked over to him. Standing behind him, she took his injured wing in her hands.

"What are you doing?" He asked, looking at her over his shoulder. She ignored him and snapped the bone back in place with one sharp twist and a loud crack, causing him to cry out. "Good God, I just saved your life. You could be a little gentle." She got fed up with his whining, grabbed a fistful of his hair and pulled it back hard so he was bent back far enough that he could see her. "Aaargh! Shit, not the hair!"

"Then shut-up!!" She snapped, releasing his hair. She then turned back to his wing, and once it was completely straightened out, he managed to slowly pull them back in. She then turned away from him, still pissed off at all that he'd done, sans saving her life, and sat down by the stream. He walked over to the waterfall and let the water rush over his aching back. *Jerk. Thinks he can burn everything I hold dear and afterward, act like he's a saint.* She thought bitterly. She let her mind drift and found herself thinking about what happened earlier that day that caused them to be in this situation in the first place.



>>>>>>>>Alex sat on her bed, thinking about ways to brutally kill Dilandau and enjoyed the idea of damaging the less imortant body parts first, then working her way up to the most vital parts. Suddenly,
she heard footsteps coming down the hall. They sounded brisk and impatient, and she groaned silently, knowing exactly who it was. Dilandau turned the corner and stared at her with hatred flaming in his
eyes. She stared back at him, her eyes flicked to his cheek for a split second, and noticed the bandages on his cheek, which allowed her to take pride in scarring the albino's so-called, 'perfect' face. A smirk slipped across her face, and she made no effort to hide it. This caused Dilandau to become even more enraged.

"What the hell are you smirking about?" He demanded quietly as he walked in. She just stared at him, not moving as he advanced towards her. He grabbed her by the arm and yanked her up. "Answer me." He hissed. She glared at him and brought her hand up to strike him, but he grabbed her hand and pinned it to her side, then tightened his grip on her arm. "Not this time, my warrior." He teased, a sly grin on his face.

"I am not your warrior, you demon." She snapped bitterly, trying to get out of his vise-like grip.

"Demon?" He seemed thoughtful for a moment, then smirked again. "You know, you're right. I am a demon." He then captured her breath in another fiery kiss. She managed to somehow push him away with a trembling hand and stared at him with confusion.

"What do you mean I'm right?" He stared at her blankly.

"The Dragon Slayers didn't tell you?" Alex was getting more confused by the second.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm Draconian."

"WHAT?!!?"

"Not by blood or anything, the sorcerers used me for one of their experiments, I think they were trying to see if they could turn humans into Draconians."

"They actually perform experiments on you?!"

"It's a natural occerence these days. Seems almost every other week they call in for me. But now, since they used me so much and my systems are becoming immune to the liquids they give me, they're planning on finding somebody else."

"Isn't there a chance that you might die from it?"

"Their specimens always die every now and then." She was startled. After a moment, she tried to pull away but he tightened the grip he had on her.

"Let go of me." She said quietly but firmly. Dilandau thought he caught a hint of fear in her voice and decided to use it towards his benifet.

"And what if I don't?" He asked. She tried to push him away but he started to back her up. Soon they ran into the bed and fell back onto it. He gripped her wrists and pushed them down at her sides.

"Stop it."

"Go on, tell me you don't want my mouth on you."

"I don't want your mouth on me."

"Liar." He hissed. She shuddered.

"Yeah." He then started to lower his mouth towards her. His lips were inches away from hers when the explosions started. Dilandau jumped and looked up.

"What the hell was that?!"

"I think it came from the hanger." She said as she sat up. He took off towards the hanger, not caring about her door being open. She walked out, wondering why he didn't care about her door and ran to the hanger.

She entered it slowly, looking around for the cause of the explosion. She noticed Dilandau fighting with a raven-haired boy. Spotting a dead Zaibach soldier nearby, she took his sword incase anyone attacked her. Alex made her way towards the guymelefs were but was stopped when a warrior from Asturia ran at her. She blocked his attack, sliding back slightly at the impact. He attacked her over and over, pushing her back a foot at a time.

Soon she was standing on the edge of the balcony when she'd had enough. She swung her sword down at him and decapitated him in one swift movement. Sighing in relief, she looked over at Dilandau's battle. *Who's he battling?* she wondered. *He's awfully reckless. Both of them are, actually.* Suddenly she felt something encicle her waist and lift her into the air.



Dilandau glanced up as he heard a guymelef taking off and saw in shock that a Asturian guymelef had Alex in his grasp. "What the hell?! Asturian guymelefs don't fly!"

"Didn't you hear?" Van gasped as he blocked another attack. "We had a few of them upgraded." Dilandau glared at him, then took off to the edge. *He's got Alex.* He thought.



Alex struggled in the guymelefs grasp as she tried to get out.

"What are you doing?! I'm the one who repaired your damn machine!!" She glared up at the pilot. He looked down at her and opened the grate.

"In war, there will be casualties! Sorry, got to go now." She gasped as he let go and she started falling to the ground.<<<<<<<<



Alex sighed and looked over at Dilandau again, then looked away quickly, blushing as he had removed his shirt and was letting the water pour down his bare back. He looked up as he heard rustling and watched her walk over to where there was a clear patch in the trees overhead and she looked up to see the Vione slowly drifting out of view.

"How long do you think it will take them to notice that we're missing?" He stepped away from the waterfall and started to dry off while walking over to her.

'I'm not sure. They have their hands full as it is with that battle." He looked over at her and was surprised to see her trembling. "Alex?" She jumped and turned to see him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, why?"

"Alex you're shaking. If I can tell some of a person's battling skills just by looking at them, I think I can tell when someone is lying." He placed a hand on her shoulder. "I can also tell when their scared." He said this to provoke her, but to his surprise, she turned around to face him, buried her face in his chest and wrapped her arms around him, vibrating. "Alex?"

"God, over half of my family was killed out here by Dragons, Dilandau, just 15 meters from where we're standing."

"Alex, I'm sure we can both hold them-"

"No, you don't understand! These dragons aren't normal!!"

"What do you mean?"

"These Dragons are bloodthirstly killers that hunt anything for the sheer joy of it. Many of the men in our family were very skilled hunters who could easily take on air dragons and win, so what challange is a land dragon right? Well these dragons are up to 20 feet tall, weigh over 30 tonnes and love the taste of human blood. No one knows why, but no one hs been able to stop them yet."

She continued to tremble against his chest. "Then one day, my older brother, when he was 15 and I was 11, was fooling around in the woods. I told him to get out of the woods because of the dragons. I did everything I could. I begged, bribed, even threatened to tell our father, but he wouldn't listen.

"Then there was some movement in the woods behind him. We saw two huge golden eyes and tried to run for cover. I managed to hide behind a large rock, but my brother, he, he didn't make it in time. The dragon burst out of the woods before my brother could get to where I was. It, it tackled him and sent him flying into a tree. He reached for his sword, but he, he wasn't fast enough. The dragon's tail whipped out and hit him, knocking him out for a moment, long enough for the dragon to run over and hold him down with his foot. Then, my brother woke up and, he, he saw, he saw the massive jaws come down before he had time to cry out and, and then the, the dragon, it..."

She burst into tears, clutching the back of his shirt tightly. Dilandau wasn't sure what to do with her, as he'd never seen a warrior as strong and powerful as Alex in such a state. He let his instincts take over and he wrapped his arms around her back, pulling her closer and leaned his cheek on the top of her head.

"Alex, Alex, it's okay. Alex just calm down now alright?" He let his instincts control him once again and bent down slightly then picked her up. He expected her to snap at him, telling him to put her down, but instead she leaned against his chest, gripping his shirt tightly again. "If this is the same woods, then we don't want to stay here." He then started walking in the quickest direction out of woods. "Those survival drills Folken put us through are sure going to be useful now." He muttered to himself. He then froze as he heard a branch crack, and slowly turned around to face whatever was behind him.









A/N: OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH, my bad!!! cliffhanger!!! *grins evilly* well, you're just going to have to tell me what'cha think of this chap. if you want me to hurry with the adding!!!! *laughs evilly* will they get out of the woods, or will they meet a gruesome death? and what about Folken and the Dragon Slayers? i am so MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! buh bye!!!!!! ^_~